Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABB #1 in Amazon
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 3, 2005 21:35

#1 in Amazon UK
#1 in Amazon Germany
#2 in Amazon USA (damn Kanye West)

Re: ABB #1 in Amazon
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 3, 2005 21:37

How do amazon sales get factored into soundscan - especially pre-release sales, do they get factored in as 1st week sales? Represented w/in BB chart?

Date: September 3, 2005 21:45

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do amazon sales get factored into soundscan -
> especially pre-release sales, do they get factored
> in as 1st week sales?

Yes.

>Represented w/in BB chart?

Billboard Top Internet albums (40 licks was #1 for 2 weeks in 2002) and the Billboard 200, the real tendency will be on Tuesday in UK (Music Week) and Wednesday in US (Hits Daily Double). I will post both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-03 21:45 by georgelicks.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: September 3, 2005 21:54

I never heard of this guy Kanye West. When did he come out so big? Is he a rapper?
No chance for our boys to topple him from the top?

Date: September 3, 2005 22:02

ThatsWhatISay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No chance for our boys to topple him from the top?

I say 80% no.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: September 3, 2005 22:25

Of course,we'll all be talkin about Kanye West in 30 years time won't we.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 3, 2005 22:36

Kayne West?
Never heard this name in Germany
soo--ABB will be top the charts

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 3, 2005 22:36

Someone a couple weeks ago had predicted that the Stones would not be able to topple Kanye.
Kanye West was on the cover of last issue of Time magazine. Yes, he is a rapper. Yes, he is very very good. And as hard as I try - I can not like him. His music and raps are extremely good. But he, the person is such a smallminded hopeless fool. It is baffling really. From the first tiem I heard him on the radio I went "This guy is special. He is really good. Incredible ear." Then I see him on TV at an awards show, read interviews with him and again and again he shows himself as just an @#$%& of ridiculous proportions.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 3, 2005 23:59

Chelseadrugstore I've said basically the same thing to friends - talented, immature, smallminded

Re: 'A Bigger Bang' #1 in Amazon
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:43

Georgelicks,

Do you know how many copies Kanye West's album has sold since Tuesday? It would be an indication of how it might do the second week when 'A Bigger Bang' comes out.
Kanye West made some dim-witted and ill-informed remarks during a televised Red Cross Disaster Relief programme. Probably won't affect his sales much in the short-run though.
To be such a "musical genius," as he's being hailed by 'Time' and 'Rolling Stone,' he certainly comes across in interviews as awfully dumb.
He says he wants to be as much a significant and long-lasting influence on music as Prince.
From what I've heard, he's not fit to touch the hem of Prince's garment.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 4, 2005 07:27

Kanye West came across as arrogant, stupid and racist in his NBC concert appearance. But I have nothing against him except for the racist crap. I actually felt sorry for him because he made such a complete utter fool of himself.

Date: September 4, 2005 08:01

I agree...I just hope his idiotic, mean-spirited and divisive comments didn't hinder people from contributing money to the cause who had planned to do so otherwise, but I'm sure they did. They didn't help, that's for sure.
Not a very smart thing to do when you're trying to get EVERYONE to help and bring EVERYONE together, regardless of their race and politics.
Human suffering knows no race or politics.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 4, 2005 08:06

Even more reason for American Stones fans to go out and buy "A Bigger Bang" in droves, to keep this fool from denying them a No.1 album one last time.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: September 4, 2005 20:12

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:51 by cirrhosis.

Date: September 4, 2005 23:00

>Do you know how many copies Kanye West's album has sold since Tuesday?

We'll know this Tuesday but the early reports are close to 850,000 copies. ABB needs to sell close to 400k at least to get a chance.

In UK, it's almost sure that ABB will be #1 next Sunday.

Date: September 5, 2005 02:47

Well, that definitively ends any suspense about 'A Bigger Bang' reaching #1 in the U.S. It'll never happen now. First week sales will be less than 200,000, Kanye about 400,000.
Oh well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home