Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is this the 2nd Greatest Rock & Roll Band in the World ?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 14, 2016 15:15

Palace Revolution 2000

I did see both The Faces and The Who in the mid-70's. Nobody back then would think The Faces were anywhere as good a rock and roll band as The Who...

Me and my friends did. grinning smiley

grinning smiley
Absolutely the same here. Faces were second only to the Stones with all my friends. The Who were fantastic, but for me a bit too bombastic. I like the Who best early on when they did "Legal Matter" and "Anywhere Anyhow"; later on I take "Quadrophenia" by miles over "Tommy". (Even though 'Quadrophenia' seems to be the same song over and over for 4 sides LOL)

The Who were always impressive ...but I never had the sense that they had the same respect & interaction wth their live audience that the Stones and the Faces had.
I think they sometimes just took themselves a bit too seriously.

It was almost a sthough they were playing for themselves and you were previleged to be present . You were consequently in awe of them...but you didn't love them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 15:28 by Spud.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 14, 2016 20:57

Who is Jessie Ed Davis, and how come I never heard of him?

....Please don't post his wiki page, I've already seen it.

Speaking of the Faces, I saw them at the Hollywood Palladium in 1972 and 1973. That '72 show was one of the best I've seen. Ronnie Lane still with the band, and a bar (with bartender) set up on the stage!

Date: December 15, 2016 01:21

Spud

I did see both The Faces and The Who in the mid-70's. Nobody back then would think The Faces were anywhere as good a rock and roll band as The Who...

Me and my friends did. grinning smiley

grinning smiley
Absolutely the same here. Faces were second only to the Stones with all my friends. The Who were fantastic, but for me a bit too bombastic. I like the Who best early on when they did "Legal Matter" and "Anywhere Anyhow"; later on I take "Quadrophenia" by miles over "Tommy". (Even though 'Quadrophenia' seems to be the same song over and over for 4 sides LOL)

The Who were always impressive ...but I never had the sense that they had the same respect & interaction wth their live audience that the Stones and the Faces had.
I think they sometimes just took themselves a bit too seriously.

It was almost a sthough they were playing for themselves and you were previleged to be present . You were consequently in awe of them...but you didn't love them.

That is really well put Spud: you were in awe of the Who, but did not love them.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 15, 2016 04:26

BluzDude

...but you have heard him:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 15, 2016 06:58

loog droog

...but you have heard him:
[www.youtube.com]

....can't argue with that...like Waddy. I heard him at least 10 or 15 years before I heard of him

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home