Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Taylor added to Jack Bruce Charity Concert (Likely EC & Charlie appearance)
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 27, 2016 22:38

Stoneburst
Also, kudos to Lulu for doing Sunshine Of Your Love the right way.

I'm intrigued... Please explain...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Re: Mick Taylor added to Jack Bruce Charity Concert (Likely EC & Charlie appearance)
Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 27, 2016 22:45

Rollin92
NeddieFlanders
I'm curious. Any reviews from yesterday's concert with Mick Taylor?

N

I was there, very good concert. MT played his arse off on White Room, Keep
It Down and jammed on Crossroads. Very good musical tribute to Jack.

Ginger Baker, recovering from heart surgery, said some lovely words and gave a high intensity 5 minute drum solo.

EC was a no show and was a sore topic with the artists. I met Pete Brown and Malcolm Bruce, they didn't say too much about EC but it appears he was invited, said he would come and then didn't with no explanation.
Spot on. Agree that Mick T and Ginger Baker were the magic moments. I hope Mick makes the Bill Wyman gig tomorrow. Really looking forward to that one.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 27, 2016 23:18

Rollin92
Stoneburst
TheflyingDutchman
Did Billy Cobham show up?

I was really looking forward to seeing him, but sadly no, he did not appear.

Clapton was one of the big talking points in the ticket queue. Pretty much everyone assumed he was going to appear at the end of the show, and quite a few people were visibly annoyed when it became clear that he wasn't there. The latter half of the set had more of an impromptu blues jam feel to it and (presumably to adjust for EC's no-show) they had to alter the running order a bit - Pete Brown and Malcolm Bruce initially said there was going to be an interval, then announced there wouldn't be one after all.

Anyway, that aside, it was a very good show and lots of fun. As Rollin92 said, MT was excellent on White Room and Crossroads and (despite his Les Paul going missing beforehand) added some nice slide licks on Keep It Down as well. One of my personal highlights was a totally insane version of Politician with Bernie Marsden on guitar and Pete Brown rapping the lyrics. Also, kudos to Lulu for doing Sunshine Of Your Love the right way.

Obviously the overall highlight was Ginger's appearance and (brief) drum solo. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house, and the affection with which he spoke of Jack Bruce was remarkable given their personal history and the fact that Ginger isn't exactly known for his diplomacy. His playing was excellent too - all the more so since his health is obviously not good these days.

I spoke with Malcolm Bruce before the show and it appears Eric gave no explanation as to not turning up when he was set to appear. Malcolm his his annoyance well but made the point that Ginger is very ill but still showed up...

The truth is EC, for some reason, has tried to distance himself from Cream and their legacy. It's sad that for one night in remembrance of a former band mate and for charity he could not put his own interests aside. EC is not a nice man I don't think.

Yes, when you think that Eric was able to purchase his English country mansion on the proceeds of his time with Cream.
Bought in 1969, he still owns it and probably its worth at least £5 million today.
Not bad for 3 years service.

Posted by: Somethinelse ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:52

Taken during the soundcheck at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire

[imgur.com]

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 29, 2016 10:10

Complete "White Room" from the Jack Bruce Tribute:

Front row
[www.youtube.com]

Full stage
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:35

thank for sharing !
Mick Taylor is playing great, he really brings new flavors to White Room.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home