Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lisa Fischer on fall tour ?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2016 06:45

alieb
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
HMS
She will never return (just like MT).
I think the Stones wanted a younger singer after all these years. Younger, less weight, better voice. They got what they wanted. Lisa Fischer didn´t fit the Stones´ image anymore so she has to be replaced. Look at her and listen to her in 1994 and then in 2015 - cleary to see and hear that Mick didn´t want to go on like that.

What about Keith's paunch. Will Mick let him go, too? winking smiley
And Bernard is definitely not as slim as he used to be...guess he's on the chopping block too.

What weird theories people come up with...

Not that it necessarily has anything to do with that in this case, but in terms of weight, it's a completely different world out there for women than for men.
Oh, I totally understand and am not discounting that.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 21, 2016 07:18

BILLPERKS
Cooltoplady
sangfreud
lots of women singers put on weight intentionally as they get older because it helps them project. "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings." there's a reason all those opera singers are heavy.

.......wow..........

I know, right..retards.

I don't believe I just read what sangfreud wrote

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-21 15:03 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 21, 2016 09:52

thecitadel
I loved Lisa's contribution for the Stones over 2 decades. Nothing to do with age or image or body image. I also live Sasha's. Lets wish them both the very best. xx

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2016 11:25

I've always fantasized that if the Stones were going to have backup singers on stage, they should hire two or three very soulful female singers who could replicate the vocals of songs like Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk Women. Where male voices are called for, let Keith and Ronnie wail away! Never really cared for the way Bernard and/or Blondie sang. It sounded better on Steel Wheels when they had two female voices with Bernard.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 21, 2016 12:27

georgelicks
Lisa had enough of the Stones after 25 years, since her last show with them (July 2015) she had a busy schedule, over 32 shows already booked from October to March.

I bet everything that it was the other way round. She doesn´t fit in Mick´s scheme of things anymore.

32 shows from Oct-March isn´t quite a "busy schedule", btw.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 21, 2016 13:01

HonkeyTonkFlash
I've always fantasized that if the Stones were going to have backup singers on stage, they should hire two or three very soulful female singers who could replicate the vocals of songs like Tumbling Dice and Honky Tonk Women. Where male voices are called for, let Keith and Ronnie wail away! Never really cared for the way Bernard and/or Blondie sang. It sounded better on Steel Wheels when they had two female voices with Bernard.
If that is the case then go and see the simple minds, or the singing winos as they should be called these days. The lead singer can hardly sing no more and he heavily leans on a top female singer they hired.

Posted by: sangfreud ()
Date: September 21, 2016 14:17

"Nevertheless, heavy opera singers tend to believe their weight aids them. And since singing, like any other human talent, is greatly affected by the performer's comfort and state of mind, a soprano who believes that her heft helps her with tricky arias may actually give a better performance."

[www.slate.com]

people should be less free tossing around the word "retard."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-21 14:20 by sangfreud.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2016 22:19

Probably already posted somewhere, but Lisa will be playing five miles from the DT site on Thur. Oct 13th... Be interesting to see if any special guests show up. I just got a GA ticket.
[www.tickettomato.com]

Lisa Fischer and Grand Baton
October 13th, 2016

Doors Open: 7pm
Event Begins: 8pm

Crystal Ballroom

The Renaissance Indian Wells Resort and Spa in association with Promoter Jimi "FITZ" Fitzgerald are honored to present Lisa Fischer live in concert Thursday Oct 13 in a rare intimate concert performance. Showtime at 8PM. Reserved Table seats are available for $75 each and General admission tickets are available for $45.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 21, 2016 22:33

HMS
I bet everything that it was the other way round.

I am very willing to take you up on that bet.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 21, 2016 23:01

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash
Lisa used to be great but her voice ain't what it used to be. Sasha added some fresh vibes. Maybe the Stones would do well to rotate more of the backing players out and add some fresh blood to the mix. I get the feeling that whoever may come and go, we're stuck with Chuck...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with her voice today smiling smiley

However, singing the same song for decades might do something with your motivation...

I'm sure that she can still sing very well, but it seemed to me in recent years - for example - her spotlight section on Gimme Shelter was less powerful than on earlier tours and she seemed to have trouble reaching the high notes that once seemed so effortless....And not to beat a dead horse but I always preferred the Stones with NO professional backup singers. Gimme Keith and Ronnie wailing away with glorious abandon any day. But I know and concede that those days are gone once and for all time...

When I saw her on Gimme Shelter in Buffalo 2015, she hadn't lost her musical chops-if anything she was quite memorable per fan reaction.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2016 23:16

Rolling Hansie
HMS
I bet everything that it was the other way round.

I am very willing to take you up on that bet.

I think a clue can be gotten from her tour schedule..
Coming from South Africa to "Indian Wells" Ca.. (5 miles from DT site) day before the Stones play their second gig. clearly some type of collaboration has/will taken place..
Wonder if she'd be eager to do that after being kicked to the curb as alleged here drinking smiley.. Not likely.

date location venue time description
October 8, 2016 Johannesburg, South Africa DSTV Delicious Festival TBA Louie Vega & Elements of Life
October 9, 2016 Johannesburg, South Africa DSTV Delicious Festival TBA Louie Vega & Elements of Life
October 13, 2016 Indian Wells, CA Renaissance Indian Wells Resort and Spa 8:00 pm Ms. Lisa Fischer & Grand Baton
October 15, 2016 New York, NY BRIC Jazz Fest 9:20 pm Ms. Lisa Fischer & Grand Baton

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2016 00:22

There's a chance she might be invited to sing with the Stones at Desert Trip, but I doubt any of the them will make an appearance at her show - not to watch or to play.
Maybe Bernard will show up to sing with her though...or Chuck to tickle the ivories...or Darryl to slap some bass...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 22, 2016 01:27

I hope she will be there for the European 2017 tour.
A jy too watch.
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 22, 2016 12:27

corriecas
I hope she will be there for the European 2017 tour.
A jy too watch.
Jeroen

Of course she´ll be there, but not as a singer.
She will watch the show from a front row seat because for more than 20 years it is her greatest wish to see the Stones in concert from the other side of the fence at least once in her lifetime.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 21, 2016 22:51

Rolling Stones Radio Hour/Lisa Fischer Interview

[beta.prx.org]

Lisa Fischer about her new group and current tour with Grand Baton, her history with the Stones, Luther Vandross, Chris Botti and Nine Inch Nails as well as her future outside of the Stones.
Added to PRX:8 days ago
Produced:Oct 7, 2016

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 22, 2016 15:38

I can't imagine that she left the Stones on her own. It's a great job. You travel first class, you can see the world, you perform in front of enthusiastic crowds in huge venues and I'm sure she made some decent money with it. And in between tours you have plenty of time to work on your own projects. The Stones aren't a 24/7 job 365 days a year. I don't think you can ask for anything more.

That late in her career I don't think that Lisa really believes that she could build up a decent solo career on her own. It's too late for that. What she is doing now she could also do between her obligations with the Stones.

I also do believe that she was fired for whatever reasons. Since her voice does still sounds great (to my ears) it was maybe because of age and weight. Mick needs a sexy young chick on stage that he can play with.

Can anyone enlighten me if Blondie was fired or did he left the Stones on his own?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home