Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2016 18:12

Hanging out in the woods for a few weeks and periodically blasting Exile for the deprived woodland critters, I find I'm still in love with this album. It's hard, but not impossible, to dance in a hammock. Next year Exile will be 45 years old. Maybe... Maybe... Maybe (and pretty please) it would be a great celebration to perform it live, as done for Sticky Fingers. Maybe in Toronto. Maybe at the Danforth Music Hall with the seats out downstairs so we can all dance our asses off. I mean really, what have they done lately? (Ignoring the answers - tons.) Oh, that would make me very happy.

Cripes - I swear, those looked like ordinary mushrooms in the woods...

And furthermore... Please?????

Re: Exile
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 29, 2016 19:03

Wow, that would be something...Exile live? I'd travel to the ends of the earth for that one.

STG, props to you for the dancing in the hammock thing...I'd get sea sick and fall out before side two.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2016 22:03

They missed that opportunity when they did the Exile reissue a few years ago. Yeah, it would be great. They won't do it.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2016 22:20

Yes, they will. With Lisa. [Stomping my feet]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 30, 2016 01:47

Maybe funny, maybe not.
Some weeks ago iTunes decided abruptly (although I do love their lack of communication/ ever bothering me)
to sever from your collection any piece of music brought by any other means than an iTunes music straight source: Music you had forever on there, playlists, Ghost gone.
Took my whole Exile On Main Street
(except 'Plundered')

well, I dunno how it got there in the first place,
album gone missing decades ago,
the CD's in an old car long gone?
So now hey man,
I'm like the young folk
free utube- in' it.
Little bit sad, huh.

*Edit, honestly it was a hit. Not a little bit sad.
Edit again, sorry, I did listen thru u-tube yesterday and today while on my jaunts, it worked, and I was happy. All this change ugh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-30 01:52 by 35love.

Date: July 31, 2016 01:49

Well now, lesson learned, even if your Exile gets taken away,
Stripped Amsterdam Beast Of Burden color acoustic played alone
Best version ever of the best song ever
that's some sunny magic

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2016 01:53

Buy ya self a copy of the Exile -- Abbey Road Half Speed
Mastering on vinyl which also comes with a free download card ... burn it ta CD..

ROCKMAN

Date: July 31, 2016 12:01

I have become disillusioned with them performing any rare material nowadays. Or doing the full album thing.
Most of Jagger's peers are wrestling with their voice. McCartney and Roger Daltrey have gone hoarse, Rod has toned it way down. I think Elton may have dropped some keys on some songs. Anyway - my point is that Jagger deals with it by using Bernard liberally, and also changing his own delivery to a type of monotone. Jagger is superman, but he is after all 73, and does a awful lot of running around. He has to make concessions; he's made them in his singing.
So when we get "Sway" of "Moonlight Mile" , we're getting short-changed versions. I'd hate to get a "Let it Loose' like that. Or to get a "Turd on the Run" devoid of any humor.

Date: July 31, 2016 13:39

Oh, I respectfully disagree, about getting short-changed versions of 'Moonlight Mile' or 'Sway'
Those 2 songs, and CYHMK, are masterpieces, and I was thrilled to get them
with 'Sticky Live Fonda' for $9.99
and hearing 'Moonlight Mile' from 13th row 2015
was up there w/ having a kid, wedding, life significant type event.

Edit and hello, yes, I talk to myself here I think,
anyway, erased end of last post,
and correct my 'Beast of Burden' earlier statement to
Best visual performance Amsterdam Stripped acoustic BOB
Best audio version live BOB is Leeds 1982 Bobby Keys on sax- his best,
Mick w/ chickee chickee baby

I realize technically I am not on headed topic,
but I'm still on the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-31 23:22 by 35love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home