Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Sympathy..." in Pet Store TV commercial
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 09:22

hopkins
Just happened to see commercial on TV. Oh no. The song has been appropriated to the point where it's a joke rather than an apex of rock writing. Fun for the kids haha I say sarcastically to myself. This kind of stuff was what the lyrics of Satisfaction was railing against. There's the rush of hearing the studio version of the classic and you run to the tv and it's about dog food and cartoons. OK for many I'm sure. Not for me. I like all four verses too but that's another story...

[www.ispot.tv]

LOL

It's funny to hear Sympathy playing over the cartoon dogs. That was my initial reaction. Nobody takes anything seriously anymore. All these old classic rock songs that are so great.. between the movies, tv and commercials, they're almost all used up. Dire Straits "Walk of Life" on the constipation commercial is the funniest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-28 09:34 by Socrates1.

Re: "Sympathy..." in Pet Store TV commercial
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2016 13:26

The band has never been adverse to the use of their songs for commercial purposes, they obviously approved the use of Sympathy for this cute little movie. They even wrote a commercial jingle back in their early days,

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home