Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:02

Now listening to the first Boston show, and what do I hear? Loud guitars, hard hitting drums, no Chuck, and -most importantly- all songs finally played UPTEMPO again! She's So Cold is not that far off from the 1981/1982 versions! They sound like the Stones again: rough and raunchy! Now if only they change the set a bit around...

Mathijs

Re: Boston
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:28

Well the qualit of performance is certainly more important than the setlist(well as long as they don't play songs from Dirty Work)

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:31

No question. Mick sounds like he's really having a good time. The whole band does. It's like the have been re-vitalized by the new songs.

BTW....who sings the female part in Night Time?

Date: August 26, 2005 01:35

High praise indeed from Mr Cynical!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:38

Lisa Fisher tore the roof off tha sucka (NTITRT)

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:43

Was she introduced during the intros on the new recording? I only heard Mick intro Bernard and Blondie

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:52

Mick seemed to forget to intro Lisa entirely the 21st - right after NT, too - some subliminal jealousy? Mick? nah... - but made it a point the 23rd to enthusiastically announce her name first, & she got a big ovation & lots of gestures of praise from the musicians. In general the extra players, tho used less & mixed lower, have some nice spotlights - Lisa's, & Bernard's duet w/ Keith on the improved "Worst" (also Tim Ries' lovely solo on same). And if Chuck is kept to his present level in the overall scheme, I can deal with that too.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 26, 2005 02:02

chuckie plays some pretty cool organ fills early on in SFTD - I like the new arrangement quite a lot. people love to flog his piano stylings, but I rarely hear anyone bashing his organ style.....

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 26, 2005 02:02

Thanks Mathijs for the review, when you say that they sound like 81/82, i believe you. The only thing know what i need to have is a new hard disc, because then i can download it, and put it on a disc, grrrrrrrrrr you lucky bastards, but i`m trying to stay positivf(whatever i`m drunk haha), so enjoy it you all, when i have a new hard disc, i try to give a good respons.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 26, 2005 04:08

No. Mick did NOT forget to introduce Lisa on the 21st vor the 23rd. The introductions are coming right after the fantastic version of NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME. Where it is all LISA. Gimme Shelter is nothing compared to it. NIGHT TIME is what they call AWESOME here in the states. Just a dream of a mixture of Stones and Lisa high pitch singing.

So right after NIGHT TIME Mick is saying thank you LISA and introducing her to the crowd. Keith is over there and giving her a big hug. Everybody loves her singng on Night Time. Then Mick is moving on to the introductions, and cas Lisa i9s already mentioned, he does not repeat her one more time. Not forgotten, just presented already...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 25, 2005 04:14

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now listening to the first Boston show, and what
> do I hear? Loud guitars, hard hitting drums, no
> Chuck, and -most importantly- all songs finally
> played UPTEMPO again! She's So Cold is not that
> far off from the 1981/1982 versions! They sound
> like the Stones again: rough and raunchy!
lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home