Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Still almost as relevant as sex" - Danish reviews
Date: August 23, 2005 19:47

"The Stones are rolling again. Is it relevant ? Yeah, still almost as relevant as sex. And the Stones are still a @#$%& great bang".

That's the final conclusion in today's Danish newspaper "Politiken's" big review of the Fenway-concert. You may still see the page here - only today: [politiken.dk]

The reviewer gives five out of six hearts to the Stones. He praises what he's heard of the new album. He cites and praise lots of the lyrics ( : when did we last hear that ? ). He loved the concert except for a bad sound in the beginning and some initially sloppy drumming from Charlie ( that I suppose the reason for not giving six hearts ). Otherwise almost everything is praised. From the stage-design to the great new and old numbers. He's claiming Keith's got a clear voice again. And he's praising Ronnie's many solos ( sic ! ).

Ronnie is also being praised - especially for his performance in Out of Control - in another great review from Denmark's biggest broadsheet : [www.jp.dk]
Pictures here : [www.jp.dk]
Again the bad sound at the beginning of the concert is critizised, but the reviewer claims that "the Rolling Stones still play with a nerve and commitment - a true joy - that brings them way above everybody else......They play as if they were still in the midst of combat-ready upcoming bands in the beginning of sixties' London". He also writes : "It's strange that the Rolling Stones becomes better and better on every tour in recent years (: I guess he means since 1989 ). It's awesome that a band with so many triumphs still find themselves at the absolute top of their career".

Last article can be found and read here : [www.ekstrabladet.dk]#
That's from Denmark's biggest tabloid. Headline is : "Rolling Stones kicked ass in Boston". This is however not a review.

Best of wishes to those of you sitting in Boston waiting for the second show.

Re: "Still almost as relevant as sex" - Danish reviews
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 23, 2005 20:12

Thanks for the translated summary, no nervous breakdowns.

Date: August 23, 2005 21:17

My wife has just come home with another tabloid - BT - and the two full pages review there is overwhelming and heartbreaking. Unfortunately this review is not on BT's website.

The headline is :
"Unique Masters"

The Fenway concert receives 5 out of 6 stars. BUT as the reviewer writes: Only 5 because of the bad sound during the beginning of the show. BUT 5 stars for Stones normally would be the equivalent of 7 stars for most other bands.

He starts his review with the following : "Let me be honest. There were periods during that concert where I considered having a cosmetic operation in order to have the facelines of Rolling Stones' guitarwonder Keith Richards. Then I would be able to command the joyful tears during such a Stones-concert right where they belong: Deep down in my heart".

Like the other reviewers he really likes "Rough Justice" and on "Back of my hand" he comments that "master Muddy Waters without doubt would cry tears of happiness in his heaven". He goes on praising every single moment from "She's so cold" onwards. He claims that tears were literally bursting from his eyes when they played HTW. His all-time favourite song played like never before.

The review ends like this :
"It was wonderful.
It was life when you live life
It was the finest you can get
It was - ladies and gentlemen - The Rolling Stones
The Greatest Rock and Roll band in the World"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 24, 2005 17:22

Steffen Jungersen from BT can be quite cool.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 24, 2005 17:41

Hi from Greece!

Greek TV spoke in very flattering terms of the Stones, after Boston's show. No total reviews, just comments like "these old-wolves prove their superiority every time they are on stage..."

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 24, 2005 17:58

smile smile smile: thanks, people - i needed that. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home