Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On stage seats any good?
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: August 23, 2005 12:35

After watching some footage of Boston I wonder: is an on stage seat as superb as everyone seems to think?
I saw people sit on narrow balconies very high above the stage on the back side, what is the sight/sound from there, can anyone say more about that.

I think I prefer front of stage instead of above stage...

Re: On stage seats any good?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 23, 2005 12:54

I think a lot of us tend to agree from what we've seen. Will someone who's had one of these seats please hurry up and tell the rest of us what it was like???!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 23, 2005 13:01

a bunch has been posted on rs.com about it -
the people who were up there seem mostly happy about it.
people who had upper-tier spots say the sound was echo-ey but not enough to really bother them, and that the lights blocked their view a bit but not enough to spoil things. they also said the boxes were a bit crowded but okay really; they got free drinks, apparently, which no doubt cheered them up.
so it seems like it's maybe a good experience, even if they aren't what we normally mean by really good seats.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 23, 2005 14:32

Those comments dont seem very "happy" to me!!

For anyone who saw Sunday's show and who were also at the No Security shows...

were those "onstage" seats (ok, they're not seats) REALLY much better than what was on offer behind the stage for $40 at the No Security shows (and which were by some distance the CHEAPEST seats at every show) ?

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 23, 2005 14:53

Firkin crap.
Suckers row.

Still, I suppose you won't get anyone pissing down your legs up there.

Oily.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: August 23, 2005 15:14

Also not seen any reports from on'stage seaters except on rs.com which i'm sure are censored. However they don't seem to be as expensive as front row tickets (seating) and some kind of VIP treatment goes along, free booze, seperate entry, a look backstage.
I'd love to do it if possible but don't know how. Must wait for Europe dates anyway and then maybe the whole concept is again different.
If you go multiple shows i'm sure it's a gas.
BTW the stage looks great to me, industrial compact, 'colani'- like.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 23, 2005 15:23

sure, the remarks on rs.com might be censored or filtered and/or posted by people who don't share your/my/anyone else's idea of what makes for a great concert-witnessing scenario. but they seem mainly happy about the experience anyway.

anyway no one *has* to go up there "onstage" if they don't want to, so ... what's the problem. <-- note: the lack of question mark is deliberate - i'm not really interested. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 23, 2005 15:58

I got a pretty good look at the people onstage and they seemed like they had one hell of a time. I'm flying from Florida to Canada in two weeks........I'll report back.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 23, 2005 16:06

Gazza, you're right on this thread too!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 23, 2005 18:09

I bought two for SBC#1 "sight unseen" - and I bought them merely out of curiosity. I've got great field seats for SBC#2, so I thought I'd try a different experience out for the other show. I'm really looking forward to it. Looks ultra-cool. Free drinks, eh? Maybe I can leave my flasks at home for this one....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 23, 2005 18:13

If I can get them for a stadium show next year, I'd probably go for it (although I hope theyre sold way in advance so I dont have to re-sell other tickets) as a one-off experience...

still not sure about them, though - I'd like to hear more opinions. Part of me thinks theyre not THAT much better than the NS "behind stage" seats really - but that if you dress something up to be something special and call it "on stage seats" there'll be enough people who'll jump at it

Posted by: stuie_mac ()
Date: August 23, 2005 18:14

Folks I was there...onstage. Rocked. Behind the stage? Kind of. Looking down? Yep. Crowded balcony? Notta...everyone in my balcony had a rail seat if they wanted plenty of room to dance if they wanted. Fantastic view of the rest of the crowd...drinks...Backstage was great. Do it again'? Yep in two weeks as a matter of fact in Moncton. Everyone hsould experience this at least once on tour.

Date: August 23, 2005 18:22

Stuie-Mac (love the handle, btw) - thanks for the info! What drinks were they serving? See a bottle of Rebel Yell lying around?

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:09

Check out the Shattered video on RS.com for some glimpses from the On Stage boxes.

Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:13

Stuie_mac: will you use a GA ticket to watch the first 4 bands in Moncton - or wait backstage for 5-6 hours? Any idea where you'll be "held" until the RS come on?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:19

I think at least one time I'd like to sit there. Gazza is right, they should sell them at the same time as the other tickets. With the RS.com membership maybe.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:20

those seats are fine unless you fall from them

Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: August 23, 2005 19:55

>bump

Posted by: stuie_mac ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:36

Wine and beer...wasn't too concerned with the brand. Re: GA for the first four bands in Moncton...I am not too concerned with seeing any of em although I would like to see maybe the Hip...but if I miss em I am ok with that too. However I missed the preshow party at Fenway and will try and make this one if they have it every show. Don't know if that was an opening night experience or what. Guess we will find out tonight eh. Probably my biggest joy with the onstage seats was that you had the room to move, dance, gawk, whatever you wanted...no worries about the usual goofs you get asking you to sit down...you know everyone in those stage boxes either a) bought a ticket for $250 or b) won a ticket...so you are pretty much guaranteed to have at least a few diehards in your midst...and we all know that makes the show so much more fun. We were singing, laughin, dancin, high fivin...all good.

Date: August 23, 2005 22:40

Thanks Stu - sounds like a party!

Date: August 23, 2005 22:43

Are there toilets? Just in case, with all the beer,...

Date: August 23, 2005 22:50

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there toilets? Just in case, with all the
> beer,...

I think I saw targets below on stage...who needs a toilet?!

Date: August 23, 2005 23:00

I confess, I used to be a Keith-pisser

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:05

I am sure they have both toilets and beer up there. But I don't think it is a good place to see the Stones. From above. And from behind. At a relatively high price. You are part of the stage decorations, if that matters. But I will not be up there, except may be for one time, to experience it. But may be people who went there can tell if it is great still. Who knows!

I just wish they could bring back the 360 degrees stage they used at MSG, Portland and Houston 1998. That was great, even from behind the stage!

Bjornulf

Date: August 23, 2005 23:15

the folks talking about it on rs.com seem to have thought it was tremendous.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:21

I was in row 4 in sec A3 Sunday and the view of the people in the onstage locations looked cool. They were rocking up there and I guess my only question would be how did it sound? I think it would be a great vantage place to catch a concert if the opportunity presented itself. I am still blown away by how good the band sounded from our seat location, but then again if you are that close to the stage it should be excellent. For me the sound is everything these days, and if I have a fine view of the stage its a bonus. I got both Sunday.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 23, 2005 23:27

im up there on keiths side friday ,,& i cant wait ,,its gotta b super cool...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:07

I have on stage seats tonight, so I'll make sure to post lots of details. I'm really really excited.

I saw them on Sunday night and had great seats for that, so it'll be cool to get the different point of view. I'm still crossing my fingers for "Jigsaw Puzzle". A girl can dream, can't she?? hehe

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 24, 2005 00:11

ill b lookin forward 2 your opinion,,cindyc,,tank u

Date: August 24, 2005 00:17

If I was up in the On-stage seats and they pulled Jigsaw out - it would not be a good place for me - I'd fall out onto the stage out of sheer shock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home