Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A casual observation
Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: March 30, 2016 21:10

Greetings from the Great Lakes Region! I daily browse through this forum and enjoy reading the knowledge and opinions of others. One thing I notice is how we all come together as a tight-knit bunch when there is so much going on with the Stones. We all still have our disagreements with others, but it seems to take on an air of mutual respect with fewer snotty comments made to each other. I for one am greatly excited with the prospect of a new album on the horizon. It really takes me back to the feeling I had when new Stones' recordings came out every one to two years. Just something about the anticipation of buying that new album on the very day it was released and putting it on the turntable for the first time. Good times!

Re: A casual observation
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 31, 2016 01:19

UnionHall
Greetings from the Great Lakes Region! I daily browse through this forum and enjoy reading the knowledge and opinions of others. One thing I notice is how we all come together as a tight-knit bunch when there is so much going on with the Stones. We all still have our disagreements with others, but it seems to take on an air of mutual respect with fewer snotty comments made to each other. I for one am greatly excited with the prospect of a new album on the horizon. It really takes me back to the feeling I had when new Stones' recordings came out every one to two years. Just something about the anticipation of buying that new album on the very day it was released and putting it on the turntable for the first time. Good times!

Nice post UnionHall and a pretty well observed opinion shared by most on IORR, Now I thought the great Lochs [Scottish for lakes] where in Scotland. I know I am biased but I love my country.

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: March 31, 2016 02:04

Tonstone
UnionHall

Nice post UnionHall and a pretty well observed opinion shared by most on IORR, Now I thought the great Lochs [Scottish for lakes] where in Scotland. I know I am biased but I love my country.

smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 31, 2016 02:12

Hi Tonstone,

I think the name 'The Grest Lakes' is more a reference a reference to their size I.e in line with the original meaning of 'Great'. They're huge, absolutely massive and are like inland seas. From the banks of Lake Ontario at Toronto, you the horizon is all water and it can easily support the largest ocean going vessels. You cannot see the land at the other side.

It's not like, say, Loch Lomomd where you can easily see the land on the other side at its widest point. it's a small pond by comparison and it's Scotland's largest non-Sea loch !

And as a fellow Scot (from Hamilton), I'm a wee bit biased too. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home