Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Darryl Jones film trailer - sneak peek
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2016 00:40

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 00:45 by Stoneage.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 18, 2016 03:09

Rollin92
roundnround
I interviewed Bernard Fowler for the film and asked him how the Stones sound has changed or evolved since Darryl has been in the band. He said this:

"It rolls a little more, there’s a little more groove factor with Darryl. It could be because of where he is from, Chicago….Those boys know how to play bass; that bass with no frills, no bullshit rock solid bass. They know how to hold it down and that’s what Darryl did, he holds it down and he is always there, always there, always there…

Like I said the groove is a little bit more….It rolls a little bit more and I’m sure that has something to do with Darryl’s background. He’s not Bill Wyman, he’s Darryl Jones and he is sensitive enough to fit in that place without overdoing it, you know, he knows how to hold it down."

It's hard to tell whether Bernard is doing Bill down here, did you get the sense he was roundnround?

I don't think Bernard is dissing Bill at all. He was saying that they are two different players from different backgrounds, each with their own style. Darryl plays bass Chicago-style, which the Stones like. Obviously the Stones musical roots are in Chicago, so he fits right in. Keith told me the same thing...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2016 14:33

Chicago-style? So, Darryl is basically a bluesman then? Well, that's a lie. He's a funk/soul/fusion/ R&B-bassist. Who's style, however brilliant, doesn't match with The Rolling Stones.
And I don't care what the band says. They are, since long, a bunch of has-beens stuck in the early seventies. Like an old hippie collective waking up in the mid 2010s.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 18, 2016 14:55

Stoneage
Chicago-style? So, Darryl is basically a bluesman then? Well, that's a lie. He's a funk/soul/fusion/ R&B-bassist. Who's style, however brilliant, doesn't match with The Rolling Stones.
And I don't care what the band says. They are, since long, a bunch of has-beens stuck in the early seventies. Like an old hippie collective waking up in the mid 2010s.

>>And I don't care what the band says<<

grumpy...

cool smiley

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:56

We have taken down the video for now. Thank you all for your kind comments and words of encouragement! They are very helpful… We are still working on the film and there are new developments coming, so we'll keep you posted...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home