Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Searching for the Ultimate Fan of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 15, 2016 14:28

tioms
2016-50 of age= born in 1966?????
When that ULTIMATE Fan was 10 (1976)???? I think he or she doesn't know The Stones was a rock group.

Shiiiittt, I knew who the Rolling Stones were when I was 8 years old. I didn't like them at first when I saw the Start Me Up video.

By the time I was 11, I was a full blown Keith Richards fan learning how to play guitar like him.

So it is totally possible to be younger than 10 and be a massive fan.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 15, 2016 15:39

Pie1
Whale
Why are they specifically seeking a male???

Hookers will be part of 'the ultimate RS experience'.

...ROTFLMFAO!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 15, 2016 15:50

The Stones have officially "Jumped the Shark". Tri state area..... Yankee tee shirt. A series of shows at Yankee Stadium is what's coming.

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: March 15, 2016 16:43

Jagger licked my arse when I was 50 - does that count?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 15, 2016 18:08

Hey, I know there are more hard-core Stones fans then myself,(male & female) but I fit the criteria, sent in my info, and they are doing a Skype interview with me later today.
Am I the Ultimate Stones Fan from the Tri-state area? Probably not, but its worth a try.
I assume that this has something to do the the "Exhibition" that is opening in London next month. The casting agency said that the London Tourism board is sponsoring it.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you get what you need!"

smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2016 18:14

UrbanSteel
This is so totally wrong , the ultimate Stonesfan can't be a person between 20 and 50 years old.

50 years ago it was 1966 when he was born, let's say that the kid in 1976 starts to like good music an in this case The Rolling Stones.

He never grew up with the adrenaline of the release from a new single , EP or best albums , he never fight battles with Beatles fans.
What you can say about a 50 years old fan is that he liked the music from a group started in 1962 and became a fan.

The ultimate Rolling Stones fans are persons who liked them from the early days 1962 / 1963 till now.
Even i am not the Ultimate fan , my first experience with The Rolling Stones was in 1964 when i heard them for the first time on the radio at home with It’s all Over Now, my age in that year was 11 year ( 24-12-1952)

People born in 1966 can be fine fans but never the ultimate fan that tittle belongs to people who started to love The Rolling Stones from the beginning 1962 / 1963 till now.

Jos Lemmers aka UrbanSteel

Yes! (And welcome back, UrbanSteel! thumbs up)

Anyway, good luck for everybody on this contest.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2016 18:32

UrbanSteel is right. The ultimate Stones fan should be old enough to have seen them on the 1969/70-tour. That is around 60 or older. On the other hand, the Stones never liked old people around them...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 15, 2016 18:47

It would have been nice if they had given their reasoning for why a male only and why the limited age range. It does seem ageist and sexist on the surface, but perhaps there is a method to their madness. I doubt it though...

Good luck to you spikenyc!

Posted by: duviquet ()
Date: March 15, 2016 19:20

This is a sexist ad
And discriminating both on age and gender.
I wonder how Americans can make such a request .

So if I was a 70 year old lady who would have seen the stones 60 tones, first time in Richmond on a Saturday night for teenagers , I would not qualify ?

This is stupid and appalling

Life is a Rock & Roll
Phiphi

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2016 19:55

Calm down.
None of us know what this is exactly for, do we?

I think it might be for a human mannequin to stand in one of the displays.
They are looking for a specific "something" to round out an idea.

If you don't fit the criteria, don't take it personally. Its not an age-thing or a female-thing.

Good Luck to spikenyc!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 15, 2016 21:02

Just finished the Skype interview.

It is for the Exibition in London next month sponsored with the London Tourism board. They will be promoting the Exibition as a tourist attraction and will be producing a series of internet and tv promos for London tourism.

I thought it went well, but Im not sure they will choose me?
Im kind of shy on camera.

She asked me what I would say if I got a chance to meet the Stones?
I had to pause and think about that, and told her there is just too many topics I would ask them about, but would probably just want to have a drink and a joint with them and see what evolves. So it sounds like whomever they choose will get a chance to meet the Stones.

She also asked how I was turned onto the Stones and how many shows I have been to.
The connection was not too good so I did not have a chance to ask why they are only searching for 20-50yrs. Males from NYC.

She said they will get back to me this Friday to let me know.
I will be blown away if Im choosen for this. Fingers crossed!! smiling smiley

"Its only Rock'n'Roll but I like it"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home