Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The new single
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:39

I just got the Streets Of Love/Rough Justice single Quality is obviously allot better than the internet files. I think it was a big promotional mistake to release Streets Of Love as the first single. The first single is in my opinion something that shows the general idea of the album. This obviously doesn't. I haven't heard the album but it seems to me it's the worst song on there.

Rough Justice would have been a better pick. It stays in your head and it's not as winy and Jagger-soloish thing. It would have done good on Godess In The Doorway.

Re: The new single
Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:56

Rough Justice is a more typical sounding Stones song but to have it as a single would only draw comparisons with the Stones best rockers (Brown Sugar, Jumpin Jack Flash etc.) and to me it falls way short.
I don't believe Streets Of Love is a classic by any means but i do believe as a song it is more effective than Rough Justice to a general audience. Rough Justice is a pale (if enjoyable) reflection of what the Stones once were. At least Streets Of Love tries to be something different.
Most Stones fans will probably buy A Bigger Bang anyway. Streets Of Love may encourage some less typical music fans to purchase the single/album.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:45

Edward Twining Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rough Justice is a more typical sounding Stones
> song but to have it as a single would only draw
> comparisons with the Stones best rockers (Brown
> Sugar, Jumpin Jack Flash etc.) and to me it falls
> way short.
> I don't believe Streets Of Love is a classic by
> any means but i do believe as a song it is more
> effective than Rough Justice to a general
> audience. Rough Justice is a pale (if enjoyable)
> reflection of what the Stones once were. At least
> Streets Of Love tries to be something different.
> Most Stones fans will probably buy A Bigger Bang
> anyway. Streets Of Love may encourage some less
> typical music fans to purchase the single/album.

Something new? I think Streets Of Love is allot more in BtB style.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: August 21, 2005 04:33

When a band has been around for 43 years any new work will always be compared to previous albums/songs.
This is an unfortunate consequence of the longetivity
of the Rolling Stones and it is extremely unfair to compare new songs with their older counterparts.
No matter how hard the Stones may try to emulate their greatest creative songwritting years it is just not possible because of the high standard of songs that exists before.
I have listened to 'A' Bigger Bang in its entirety
over 20 times and the Stones have written an album full of songs that are majestic in connection to the guy's in the year 2005.
Once you have heard the full sounding album in it's entirety one might fully appreciate how really good the
16 songs really are.
It is everyone's right to constructively critise when required but until you have heard the album in full 5/6th/September/05 as the guy's mean't it to be heard please reserve judgement.
There are very few people that have had access to 'A' Bigger Bang in full apart from the 4 songs already available.
For those passing judgment upon 30's segments & poor quality downloads please wait until you have heard the album properly before deciding if it is good,bad or in-different.
43 years of playing , songwriting and playing to sell out audiences has never been achieved before by a Rock & Roll band.
To be able to keep the people happy for most of these years is an art form that only the Stones have been able to achieve.
'A' Bigger bang is an album full of songs that will make Stone's fans happy but there again we have been spoilt over the last 43 years by the quality of songs that the guy's have written & sung.

Ps - Please wait until the CD is released 5/6th September.05 before praising or critising ABB

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: August 21, 2005 04:40

"A Bigger Bang' will be judged a great album by critics and avid fans alike - those with the prevailing negativity sometimes seem to be almost itching to cut the Stones down. Anyway, each to their own.

just on the question of the new single - I actually felt this way when they released "Anybody Seen My baby" - but Edward Twining makes a really valid point in his post, which I think pertains to B2B as well???

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 21, 2005 04:48

Is it just me or is the impression given that this guy (Stones40) is a PR pro whose trolling this site?

I will admit though (and I've not heard the entire work-sure wish someone would mail me a copy smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley - hint to GAZ and T&A) this seems to me to be a very good treatment of blues, rock, a little soul/funk and most certainly tight guitar work that is probably going to get some serious acclaim relative to the rest of the Stones' catalogue(in the last twenty-five years).

I'll certainly be listening on 9/6 and be sure that you'll get my review!

"You're feelin' loose and lusty, it's rough justice on ya!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home