Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: Watching The River Flow (New)
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 18, 2016 01:21

Meh. This cover is bar band/Vegas lounge music, generic as hell, designed to get the bar patrons moving. Re that it's the Stones, they ain't even really tryin' here, just makin' noise that resembles someone's idea - alas, theirs - of what the Rolling Stones sound like.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 18, 2016 05:12

This was the first time I thought that the Stones sounded like tired, old men. WTRF was probably meant to sound "laid back", but it ended up sounding generic, almost pedestrian. There's no spark anywhere in this performance.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 18, 2016 17:48

bob r
Dylan's original version wipes the floor with Stones on this one-- Micks vocals sound contrived---

The problem is that Mick literally phoned this in. He over-sings with an intensity dialed up to "11." If he had modeled his performance after Bob's laid-back, breezy approach it would have been much, much better.

Had he been in the same room when the track was recorded, I'm sure that the other Stones would have suggested that he ease up. Plus the whole idea that the Stones were back together playing with Bill "for Stu" was really undermined by him not actually being there.

His vocals ruin the whole thing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2016 09:12

loog droog
bob r
Dylan's original version wipes the floor with Stones on this one-- Micks vocals sound contrived---

The problem is that Mick literally phoned this in. He over-sings with an intensity dialed up to "11." If he had modeled his performance after Bob's laid-back, breezy approach it would have been much, much better.

Had he been in the same room when the track was recorded, I'm sure that the other Stones would have suggested that he ease up. Plus the whole idea that the Stones were back together playing with Bill "for Stu" was really undermined by him not actually being there.

His vocals ruin the whole thing.

yes, this was a missed opportunity

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home