Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Billboard
Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 19:06

ny know how it is doing on Con Last tempory rock chart?

Still 29?

Re: Billboard
Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: August 18, 2005 20:04

RJ has not entered top 20 mainstream rock as was anticipated

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 18, 2005 20:20

That's actually,if not astonishing, disappointing considering the competition which is mostly dreck. I'm going to start calling my 2 local 'rock' stations to request RJ (WBOS & the other one, call letters elude me at moment). I'd like to see the new album do well, the new material be accepted at shows - to reduce likelihood of 'oldies' orientation for any future shows, & as incentive for the RS to keep making new material. Wouldnt mind, all sorts of stations are having tickets giveaways that dont even play the new stuff at all.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 18, 2005 20:47

is it possible, just remotely possible that RJ ain't that good?

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: August 18, 2005 20:53

Only if your dead.

Date: August 18, 2005 20:53

i don't feel dead.....

Date: August 18, 2005 20:55

Nor do I. Im just glad the boy's had the balls to come out again. When they are gone, it's going to get really quite out there.Like the Days before Rock & Roll.

Date: August 18, 2005 20:58

true statement. i'm not complaining. very excited about the tour, if not the album. just commenting on my opinion as to why RJ's not doing better on the charts....

Date: August 18, 2005 21:00

Could be the lyric not the tune. Not exactly radio frendly if ya know what I mean.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 18, 2005 21:00

It will rise; as soon as it circulates outside the grey-haired´s stations...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 18, 2005 21:12

I don't have the position yet but the song went up this week. The problem here is that the song is not impacting on Active Rock (is around #60) and will not get the Top 20 on the Billboard rock chart without this important numbers. Don't Stop reached #3 on the Mainstream Rock Radio airplay (Mediaguide / Radio & Records), but did nothing on Active Rock and the song stayed #21 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks for 4 weeks.
Look the chart run for Don't Stop on Billboard: 38-30-22-21-21-21-21-23...

The #20 song on the Billboard chart (Green Day, Holiday) got an audience impression of 5,8 million and 688 spins last week. The current audience for Rough Justice is 3,2 million and 480 spins per week.

I will post the whole chart tonight.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 18, 2005 21:19

I could care less about the charts because if its based on popularity then just look at what's popular these days. During the Licks tour Bill Wyman was saying that if the Stones had come out today they would not have made it and I think he is completely right. I don't think many of their hits would generate the kind of buzz that they did back in the day. The charts today are dominated by rap, R&P and radio friendly pop music.

T&A I take that you don't like Rough Justice either huh?

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 18, 2005 21:22

Don't know why all the concern. Since when have the Stones been a "hits driven" band. Their albums and singles generally don't fair that well on the charts (with exceptions of course). Everyone sit tight, the new tunes will be welcomed and enjoyed at the shows like they were in 89, 94 and 97. We true blue fans will buy and enjoy the album. Screw the charts, it's not important. What's important is what's about to take place over the next 18 months. And as I've stated before I think the new album and songs will pick-up steam as soon as this thing takes off.

Date: August 18, 2005 21:24

doesn't do anything for me. I like some of the new songs (have heard all but one of them in entirety), though.

Date: August 18, 2005 21:29

i actually agree with Jackass alot. the days of Stones hits is gone - for reasons that have nothing to do with quality of the songs, for the most part. what's important is that they have some fresh fodder for the stage. i doubt that I will listen to this album much at in a couple of years. but i don't care. i can count about 4-5 numbers that I think would work very well on the stage. mission accomplished.

Date: August 18, 2005 21:48

The Stones were always KINGS on the Billboard Rock Chart, the problem started 5-6 years ago. Love Is Strong (#2), YGMR (#2), Out Of Tears (#14), I Go Wild (#20), LARS (#16), ASMB? (#3), Flip The Switch (#14) and Saint Of Me (#13) were hits on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks but since 1998 they lost too much radio play.
Every Stones' first single went Top 10 on the Rock chart in two weeks max., they broke that string with Don't Stop and now with RJ happened the same. The US rock radio was friendly with the Stones in the 1981-1997 period but now they are playing too much alternative. The Modern Rock Tracks and the Mainstream Rock Tracks are almost the same now, something impossible 7-10 or 15 years ago.

Date: August 18, 2005 23:01

Hey jackass, very well put. Nice to see someone who really knows his stuff. And himself.

Date: August 19, 2005 01:36

I think poor radio activity may translate into disappointing (not poor) sales, meaning less new material at shows & more of an 'oldies' image to casual fans/music listeners. Which is a segment the RS certainly take into consideration. I really hope the new album does well.

Date: August 19, 2005 02:16

I still think RJ rocks the sox off any other items on the chart. And what exactly is Active Rock? And the lack of hit singles in the US during the past 15 years has not yet had a dramatic impact on 'new' album sales - VL, Stripped, B2B, 40 Licks all platinum or better, VL peaked # 2, Stripped # 9 (the live ones never do as well), B2B # 3, 40 Lx # 2.

Date: August 19, 2005 03:21

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what exactly is Active Rock?

The US rock radio is divided in three formats:

ALTERNATIVE ROCK (1st format in audience)
A station which plays rock music which is stylistically derivative of the Seattle grunge bands of the late 80's, and to some extent, the punk/new wave artists of the late 70's, rather than the "classic" rock artists of the 60's and 70's. These stations are aimed primarily at teenage audiences and feature mostly current single releases and popular album cuts. Since the Alternative Rock peak of the mid-90's, many alternative rock bands (and stations) have evolved in the direction of modern rock, or in some cases, hard rock.

THIS FORMAT IS THE BILLBOARD MODERN ROCK TRACKS

ACTIVE ROCK (2nd format in audience)
The term often used for stations which play rock music designed to be played loudly, such as "hard rock", "metal", and "heavy metal".
System Of A Down, Korn, Mudvayne, Tool. These stations tend to play louder, more aggressive music than Mainstream rock stations. They might even lean toward an Alternative sound (Foo Fighters, The Used, The Hives), or play some more straight-ahead rock or even classic rock like Metallica or AC/DC. Overall, these stations have more of an edge to them than any other format with the exception of College or Active Rock Specialty.
EVERY act on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks is on the Top 40 of the Active Rock format, except the Stones.

MAINSTREAM ROCK (3rd format in audience)
Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Nickelback. Straight-ahead rock that isn't overly aggressive, but still harder than what you'd find on adult formats such as Hot AC or CHR. Mainstream rock can border on Active Rock - many Mainstream stations incorporate new rock artists as well as classic rock artists into their programming. Some Mainstream stations play strictly classic rock.

The combination of Active Rock and Mainstream Rock is the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks.

Date: August 19, 2005 03:51

Thanks as always georgelicks. I wonder how we got from punk to 'emo'

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 19, 2005 06:13

Am I the only one who does not listen to FM radio?

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 19, 2005 06:50

how many times have I emailed that we need our voice to be heard on radio stations ad gotten no reply

This is he result

se we should not complain

I have listed emails (Stations) etc and nohing

Date: August 19, 2005 23:45

Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks
Issue Date: August 27, 2005

1. Seether, Remedy
2. Foo Fighters, Best Of You
3. Staind, Right Here
4. Audioslave, Doesn't Remind Me
5. Nine Inch Nails, The Hand That Feeds
6. System Of A Down, B.Y.O.B.
7. Crossfade, Colors
8. Dark New Day, Brother
9. Nickelback, Photograph
10. Mudvayne, Happy?
11. Trapt, Stand Up
12. Disturbed, Stricken
13. Disturbed, Guarded
14. Taproot, Calling
15. System Of A Down, Question!
16. Green Day, Wake Me Up When September Ends
17. Slipknot, Before I Forget
18. 10 Years, Wasteland
19. Mudvayne, Forget To Remember
20. Green Day, Holiday
21. Cold, Happens All The Time
22. Velvet Revolver, Come On, Come In
23. Audioslave, Be Yourself
24. Breaking Benjamin, Rain
25. Default, Count On Me
26. Shinedown, Save Me
27. The Rolling Stones, Rough Justice
28. Static-X, I'm The One
29. Chevelle, Panic Prone
30. Hinder, Get Stoned
31. Theory Of A Deadman, Hello Lonely (Walk Away From This)
32. Ra, Fallen Angels
33. 3 Doors Down, Behind Those Eyes
34. Tommy Lee, Tryin To Be Me
35. CKY, Familiar Realm
36. The Offspring, Can't Repeat
37. Papa Roach, Take Me
38. Institute, Bullet-Proof Skin
39. Sevendust, Ugly
40. Submersed, In Due Time

RJ so far: 29-29-*27*

As I said, the song went up this week due a gain of audience impressions but is losing audience this week and it can fall some spots next week. Or maybe not.

Other Billboard charts this week:

The Billboard 200 - JUMP BACK - #160, 50 wks on chart
Hot Dance Singles Sales - SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (remix) - #23, 71 wks on chart

Date: August 20, 2005 04:28

Well I've been requesting RJ (as designated single) several times past 2 days, & even w/ all the media attention (newspapers, TV) on the Fenway shows, & w/ radio stations giving RS tix away, I have STILL only heard RJ once all day...and I rarely bother with these Active/Heritage/Mainstream/Alt/Classic Rocks stations, usually college stations/NPR, - I do sometimes surf looking for a good song while driving (like "I'm Your Puppet")...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-20 06:44 by john r.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 20, 2005 05:45

Therin lies what is f*cked up about Radio. They have to LABEL everything. Gotta target those demos!

Ross

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home