Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pre show Gathering in Boston?
Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: August 17, 2005 18:04

anybody know of a place that fans are hanging during the day? I lived in Boston for three years and know of more than a few watering holes that would accomodate us and our disposable income....havanamoon@gmail.com

Re: Pre show Gathering in Boston?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 17, 2005 18:54

Just arrived to Boston last night, same flight as stage crew in fact. The Pourhouse was crowded but ok. On show day Sunday it will be over-crowded I am sure. Just next to Fenway stadium itself like door by door there was this great place called "Boston Beer Works". I hate microbrew because you never get your favorite beer there. Still, this place had beers I liked a lot, fresh and super taste, lots of space and fresh air, and believe it or not, they passed my "fish'n'ships" test. I.e. they make real food, not just cheap pub-food. Nine out of 10 pubs and bars don't pass that test. On show day I am sure there will be hordes of people here, so you have to be early. But I liked that place indeed.

Then there are plenty of nice places, bars with food, all along Boylston, from Boston Common all the way up to Fenway Park. But the closer you get to Fenway on show day, the more packet they will be, I am sure. There are a couple of places in and around Boston Common that I would recommend. These will probably have lots more space on show day. You can walk to Fenway in 20-30 minutes, or take the underground in 5 minutes, so you don't need to be next door to Fenway. They are next to Radisson, Doubletree, Four Seasons and that area. An Irish pub we used a lot on the previous tours, and a great chinese restaurant which is always over-crowded 7-9pm because the food is excellent, but outside of rush hours you can sit outside and chat with friends and still have an eye on what is going on plus they have great food and drinks of course. I think we should find 2-3 places to use during the Fenway days. I will find out more about names and places today.

By the way. They worked a lot at Fenway Stadium last night. Never seen so many people working that many days before a show. With all sorts of things. Streets were closed because they had cranes there, and all sorts of workers in action. The Stones themselves are expected to fly in today.

Bj.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home