Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dave Davies Says the Distorted Guitar Tone He Created Influenced Keith Richards
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 20, 2016 15:26

DandelionPowderman
Come On
I don't know but I have Always thought that Jimi Hendrix were the guy that really changed something in the guitarsound with his 'overdrive-sound'...at least Zappa were very influenced by that...and now we're talking Guitarists nameing Jimi and Frank..Dave Davies..was his guitar even plugged in on the Kinks live concerts?...or was it the other famous brother Tom Fogerty that wasn't...
And Dave! who is Muddy Waters? and what sound does he has already in the 50ies..??

Your out on deep waters here now, Come On grinning smiley

Keep in mind that Jimi came a little later. The fuzz-guitars had been around for a while..

Let me show you some ace Dave stuff:

[www.youtube.com]

Fuzz-guitars...that's Chewing-gum-pop...La overdrive DP, La Overdrive-sound came with Jimi..btw I love The Kinks...

2 1 2 0

Re: Dave Davies Says the Distorted Guitar Tone He Created Influenced Keith Richards
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: January 20, 2016 18:32

I remember a quote from John Lennon saying he created Jimi Hendrix with the feedback intro to "I Feel Fine" ha!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 20, 2016 21:51

years ago john paul jones was on chicago radio talking about led zeppelin tracks and he mentioned that a lot of guitar parts people assume are jimmy page are actually dave davies. seen the kinks live a few times and he is a great boogie rock n roll player.

also, necrophilia.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 20, 2016 22:10

BamaStone
I remember a quote from John Lennon saying he created Jimi Hendrix with the feedback intro to "I Feel Fine" ha!

Then I say that Keith Richards created John Lennon with the feedback solo of "Stoned"...grinning smiley

(Now to think of that, Stones' second single "I Wanna Be Your Man"/"Stoned" was a helluva single guitar solo -wise! - had that been a Beatles single, jeez christ how much Beatlologists would have triumphed how "innovative" those solos would have been...winking smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 22:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:26

In the end they were all innovators. There was nothing as wild on guitar before You Really Got Me and All Day And All of the Night. And they still thrill to this day. Satisfaction as a guitar line, was just the first big time use of the fuzz tone. Early Cream set the stage for psychedelia and Jimi Hendrix exploded into the universe.

Yes, I actually like Jerry Garcia away from that dreadful group he was in. Great pedal steel on Teach Your Children. But the Dead, that chemistry is bad acid.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 22, 2016 01:22

Koen
Love the Dead!

Finally, someone who makes sense...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home