Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Rolling Stones 2016 show and travel info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 19:31

crawdaddy
I have just got to Rio yesterday and after first two nights in Gloria /centro area will be in Flamengo beach area from tomorrow.
Very hot and sweaty here at the moment and bits of rain. Not much cooler at night.

Fantastic stuff Tony. I'm envious! I thought you hadn't posted here for a couple of days. Enjoy the gigs and hope they're just as lively if not more so than the Argentina shows.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 11, 2016 22:20

Another transportation question: is there Uber in Rio now? I read that it was 'outlawed' in Oct., but that a judge over turned that decision shortly afterwards.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 22:40

Try riodejaneirotravelinformntion.com lots of info regarding taxis bus and metro very useful

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 12, 2016 00:10

Rio is not my favourite place at the moment for various reasons.
Mixed feelings about the city, but hope when I get to Flamengo beach area tomorrow for the rest my stay, things will get better.
Nothing serious happened, but things went wrong soon after I got to my hotel in Gloria / centro area.
Wouldn't stay there again, but let's hope when I visit neighbouring areas Copacabana and Ipanema, I will feel better about Rio.
Really looking forward to the gigs in Brazil on a positive note. thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 12, 2016 01:21

Hope your ok Crawdaddy
Be safe.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 01:29

Yep, same from me Mr Crawdaddy. I hope the rest of your trip makes up for it. Do stay safe and hope you enjoy your shows. Just La Plata 3 and Montievideo before your run of gigs now.

Date: February 12, 2016 03:21

It's safe enough in the area of my place in Gloria, but very rough looking just 100 metres away. That's not the problem .Went to one of the typical street bars in the area last night and had a great time with locals and small samba bands playing the streets till about 5am or even later.
It was tonight when I was in local street bar further towards beach area and got ripped off and really annoyed.
Had a drink outside and paid guy at the bar, as I was just having one pint/litre/gallon .,and back to hotel.
Decided to have another drink and was going to pay at the end when I went.
A differant guy had taken over and charged me for drink I had paid for.
When I told him to piss off politely ,he got his mates round me until I paid. Only a matter of a couple of quid but you don't need that crap. M
Not a great start in a city, country, continent you never been to.
No wonder the cop car on Flamengo Beach had their rifles, A K 47's or whatever, sticking out the windows while they were having lunch.
Had a couple of drinks just now in same sort of bar 50 metres away and he was so happy I had left a 70p tip as that was all my change gone. thumbs up

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: February 12, 2016 05:46

crawdaddy
It's safe enough in the area of my place in Gloria, but very rough looking just 100 metres away. That's not the problem .Went to one of the typical street bars in the area last night and had a great time with locals and small samba bands playing the streets till about 5am or even later.
It was tonight when I was in local street bar further towards beach area and got ripped off and really annoyed.
Had a drink outside and paid guy at the bar, as I was just having one pint/litre/gallon .,and back to hotel.
Decided to have another drink and was going to pay at the end when I went.
A differant guy had taken over and charged me for drink I had paid for.
When I told him to piss off politely ,he got his mates round me until I paid. Only a matter of a couple of quid but you don't need that crap. M
Not a great start in a city, country, continent you never been to.
No wonder the cop car on Flamengo Beach had their rifles, A K 47's or whatever, sticking out the windows while they were having lunch.
Had a couple of drinks just now in same sort of bar 50 metres away and he was so happy I had left a 70p tip as that was all my change gone. thumbs up

Oh, I feel sorry for you, but welcome in SA, wifi is slow, but the girls are hot!. We'll be there, in Rio soon, clear the way for us!

Date: February 12, 2016 13:19

Yes! Things are fine now. Little bar 50 metres from hotel was great and got up this morning and sun is shining and off to the beach later. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: February 14, 2016 17:33

We should hire a van or bus for transport to and from to the Maracana for the show day, It worked well here in Buenos Aires. I can not organise it from Montevideo, but if some of us already in Rio, that would be great.

Date: February 14, 2016 18:14

I have created a page on Facebook called Rio De Janeiro Rolling Stones Fans Meet Up

Thinking maybe Friday evening the night before the show for a meet up of fans?

What do you think?

If you're interested let me know.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2016 18:48

crawdaddy
Rio is not my favourite place at the moment for various reasons.
Mixed feelings about the city, but hope when I get to Flamengo beach area tomorrow for the rest my stay, things will get better.
Nothing serious happened, but things went wrong soon after I got to my hotel in Gloria / centro area.
Wouldn't stay there again, but let's hope when I visit neighbouring areas Copacabana and Ipanema, I will feel better about Rio.
Really looking forward to the gigs in Brazil on a positive note. thumbs up

Discotheque Help on Copacabana, a good place for a beer and meeting beautiful Brazilian Women.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 20:41 by corriecas.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 14, 2016 19:52

"Discotheque Help on Copacabana, a good place for a beer and meeting beautiful Brazilian Womaen."

Help is no longer there. Closed about 5 years ago. It was mostly a place where tourist went to meet prostitutes.
They are turning it into a music museum now.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:43

spikenyc
"Discotheque Help on Copacabana, a good place for a beer and meeting beautiful Brazilian Womaen."

Help is no longer there. Closed about 5 years ago. It was mostly a place where tourist went to meet prostitutes.
They are turning it into a music museum now.

Too bad, really enjoyed it there. And they were NOT prostitutes.
jeroen

Date: February 14, 2016 21:37

Does anyone know if you can buy rolling tobacco preferably golden Virginia in Brazil and how much it is?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MarkS ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:22

Hi AI65
This is Mark. I am on the BA flight on Thursday and meeting Nate in Rio. My email address is below - shoot me a note and we can hook up at Heathrow.

markskilling@yahoo.com

Regarding the trains - I would not recommend even if available. A better idea to get a cab which are cheap anyway. If we share it will be peanuts and we will all be safer.

Date: February 15, 2016 00:11

Nate
I have created a page on Facebook called Rio De Janeiro Rolling Stones Fans Meet Up

Thinking maybe Friday evening the night before the show for a meet up of fans?

What do you think?

If you're interested let me know.

Nate thumbs up

Date: February 15, 2016 13:09

I will have a look at the FB page Nate.
Rio is turning out much better for me now with a nice homestay place near Flamengo and Catete and very helpful people here.
Found a nice outside restaurant just a few hundred metres from homestay and good food,good prices and nice staff.
Been to Copacabana beach on Saturday and it was packed with people. Made Benidorm look more like Eastbourne in comparison. Very nice but I prefer Flamengo which is much quieter and you have the entertainment of watching the planes taking off and landing at Santos Dumont airport.
Might pop down to Ipanema and Leblon in the next few days. smoking smiley

Date: February 15, 2016 13:49

Couple of things on my mind.
I have a premium pista ticket for Rio which is elderly concession ticket Idosa.
Didn't know at the time it was for Brazilians only.
Looked on T4F website and can't find any ticket office for Rio to pay the extra money for full price, which I know you can do.
Hate to have to do it on showday at Maracana but don't see what else I can do.
Anyone out there got any tips on what to do.

Another thing is the internal flights I have within Brazil with Azul say only 5kg in cabin baggage which is not much at all. Only got a small backpack and hold luggage is a small case which I would normally have as hand luggage.
Anyone know if they are strict in enforcing this 5 kg rule?

Date: February 15, 2016 14:50

Maybe try to call the tickets for fun office I think there is a number on their website and I think I remember Cristiano from here saying they have English speakers at the call centre,I might try to call them myself this week to ask about upgrading tickets as I have premium pista for both Sao Paolo gigs but normal pista for Rio and Porto Alegre if I get through to them I will ask about paying the extra on concession tickets.

I don't know about the baggage situation for that airline as I'm flying with TAM airlines maybe if your close to the airport then go to their ticket office and see what they say.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 20:11

Hi I had similar thing in Australia but it was ok as it was small plane they just checked your luggage and you picked it up as you left the plane didn't cause any delay for baggage reclaim . I think it's just about cabin space in small planes

Posted by: Mick2014 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 22:18

ETicket

does anybody know, is to cut the eticket and both sides stick?

in German: weiß jemand, ob das Eticket in die 2 Teile geschnitten und die beiden Seiten zusammengeklebt werden müssen?

It is not clear for me.

Thank's

Stones Forever

Posted by: RobertS ()
Date: February 17, 2016 04:23

Hey guys, can anybody accept me into Facebook group? My name is Robert Szulc, I added myself yesterday evening!

Posted by: helokinal ()
Date: February 17, 2016 06:41

There is the possibility to meet them ? will spend at some tourist spot of Rio de Janeiro ? When landing in Rio? Setlist? somebody know some news?

Date: February 17, 2016 16:10

Does anyone know the T4F pick up points for Stones tickets ,or post a link, for Rio and Porto Alegre.?
I have tried phoning the number but no success talking to anyone who can speak English.
It mentions pick up points to collect tix but cannot see any locations on their website.
I need to tell them I have got Idosa concession tix for both these shows and will have to pay full price to be able to get in, as you have to be Brazilian.
Don't want to leave it till show day really, so any help greatly appreciated. smileys with beer

Date: February 17, 2016 17:03

Only clue I got is that in Rio you can only buy or pickup tix at a few specific venues for events at those venues only ,but not Maracana.
At Porto Alegre it is an address , Multi Rue dos Andradas. 1001 for all events which I guess is what Multi means.
Cristiano or anyone else from the area may be able to help me out as to the location and procedure etc. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-17 23:50 by crawdaddy.

Date: February 17, 2016 23:38

I don't know if it is just in my area in Flamengo, but it's crap Internet most of the time and when a storm is going on the net is working great.

Just had another thunderstorm after a hot day and rain has really eased off now. I had to wade out of an underpass last night when the rain really came down in buckets. My trainers are still drying out after going through about 30 metres of above ankle high water.

Will pop out soon to have a few more beers and a nice meal in a fave covered ,outside restaurant about 200 metres away.
Hope to see some of you soon. smileys with beer

Date: February 17, 2016 23:49

RobertS
Hey guys, can anybody accept me into Facebook group? My name is Robert Szulc, I added myself yesterday evening!

Hi Robert
I did accept you in the Facebook group so check again and it should be fine.
When do you arrive in Rio?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 17, 2016 23:52

DEmerson
Another transportation question: is there Uber in Rio now? I read that it was 'outlawed' in Oct., but that a judge over turned that decision shortly afterwards.

Uber's Rio website is up and running. But taxis are fairly cheap, especially with the cheap R$ - and your credit card may charge FX fees, which would further narrow the Uber advantage.

Posted by: Jota ()
Date: February 18, 2016 02:41

Web choice for the Rio concert is open:

- All Down the Line
- Like a Rolling Stone
- Live With Me
- Shattered

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home