Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Latin America Olé Tour 2016
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 11, 2016 03:09

Have not listened to Paul and Young Ron since Neil Rogers died...Another US stadium tour? Be surprised as they kinda did that zip code tour and I think a small arena tour at one location more likely,,,

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 12, 2016 10:44

rbarnes00
This afternoon on 105.9 in Miami, Florida, the DJ said the Stones are doing a US stadium tour this summer.

Yeah, and he also stated Jim Morrison, janis Joplin will be the support act.
Jeroen

Posted by: smitje ()
Date: March 12, 2016 11:13

Hello Stones friends, I'm looking for shots where Mick Jagger the pick to flag on the small Stage ( number Miss You at the concert of Sao Paulo 27-02-2016 ) or a picture of Ronnie wood that he carries that flag on his back , Thanks

Stones Fans meeting Fans in South America.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 12, 2016 21:52

Personally, my memories I will always remember,as well as the gigs of course, are meeting up with fans from all over the world.
The only Brits I met up with were Paul and Nathan from London area,Chris Egan from Cornwall, and Matt Lee very briefly at Sao Paulo with the lovely Andreea from Romania.
So many fans from Germany with Corinna, Kristina, Hauke.........who took such fantastic pics ,and Stefan who was a legend in many ways and always being interviewed and video by local TV stations .
By far the most fans I met in South America, not surprisingly ..........were South Americans.

I only knew one personally, and that was, that great guy Cristiano who we had met up before in Zurich a day or two before the Stones gig.

I have got so many South American friends ,from Brasil, Argentina and other countries in this great Continent on Facebook now, from having met them in person .
The South American experience has been fantastic for a first timer here and I will never, ever forget it. Thank you all so much. smileys with beer

Re: Stones Fans meeting Fans in South America.
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2016 15:36

Hoping they will do some shows in Europe this year.
jeroen

Re: Stones Fans meeting Fans in South America.
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2016 19:02

crawdaddy
Personally, my memories I will always remember,as well as the gigs of course, are meeting up with fans from all over the world.
The only Brits I met up with were Paul and Nathan from London area,Chris Egan from Cornwall, and Matt Lee very briefly at Sao Paulo with the lovely Andreea from Romania.
So many fans from Germany with Corinna, Kristina, Hauke.........who took such fantastic pics ,and Stefan who was a legend in many ways and always being interviewed and video by local TV stations .
By far the most fans I met in South America, not surprisingly ..........were South Americans.

I only knew one personally, and that was, that great guy Cristiano who we had met up before in Zurich a day or two before the Stones gig.

I have got so many South American friends ,from Brasil, Argentina and other countries in this great Continent on Facebook now, from having met them in person .
The South American experience has been fantastic for a first timer here and I will never, ever forget it. Thank you all so much. smileys with beer

Thank you, crawdaddy! It was great to meet you again as well as meeting Paul, Chris, Nate and a lot of other Stones fans from all over the world and, even better, to welcome you in my own hometown. smileys with beer

Date: March 13, 2016 20:51

My first ever visit to South America was great
I have got no more continents to add to my tick list now unless you include Antarctica. winking smiley
Meeting Cristiano in his home town, Andreea again ,after the Stones Zurich gig ,and only last summer at The Who gig at Hyde Park, were such good times.
They both knew so many lovely people, who I also got to know.

My four or five days in Porto Alegre was my fave time in South America for so many different reasons ,and so wished Andreea could have been there, but she was having a great time in another part of the world. Good on yer girl! >grinning smiley<

Rio and Sao Paulo were also fantastic and I'm still buzzing a week later after arriving back in London. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 13, 2016 21:18

Hi Cristiano and Crawdaddy

It was great to meet you guys down in Brazil I really had an amazing time I will never forget it.It was a shame I couldn't be in Porto Alegre as well but I just had to go back to Rio.

I am trying to work out a way to get to Cuba although it's looking unlikely at the moment I won't give up until it's gone.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 14, 2016 06:19

Tony (crawdaddy) & Nate, glad you had a great time in Brazil!
Next time include Argetnina and Uruguay in your second SA trip and we will meet then!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 15, 2016 01:07

Quique-stone
Tony (crawdaddy) & Nate, glad you had a great time in Brazil!
Next time include Argetnina and Uruguay in your second SA trip and we will meet then!

Yes my original plan did include those two countries as well but it was just working out too expensive.
Next time I visit South America I will for sure visit them.

Nate thumbs up

Date: March 16, 2016 01:24

Sorry I never did meet you Quique-stone ,but will try to get to Argentina and Uruguay definitely ,if I get over there again.
I hope everything worked out O.K. in Rio for you Nathan, and probably just missed seeing you at Rio International airport as your flight had just finished boarding before I got to gate next to your KLM flight.

Will see you on a Stones or AC/DC or any other mutually liked bands sometime this summer I'm sure. smileys with beer

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 16, 2016 18:00

Has anybody any ideas on the disappearance of the gaudy screen decorations midway through the tour?

I think the simpler screens are an improvement.

Olly.

Date: March 16, 2016 18:14

Olly
Has anybody any ideas on the disappearance of the gaudy screen decorations midway through the tour?

I think the simpler screens are an improvement.

They were sent to Cuba:

"Tongue & Lips: The stage will look different for the rest of the tour, as part of it is currently being shipped to Cuba!"

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: March 17, 2016 05:58

According to this article (in Spanish) the Stones are filming a documentary during the Olé Tour.

The Rolling Stones couldn't attend the photographic exhibition of Michael Cooper in Mexico, Early Stones, because they're filming a documentary.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:53

I got the "The tour is over blues"

The tour is over baby,
now whats we gonna do?
The tour is over baby,
gotta find something else do,
cuz the tour is over baby,
and I am already missing you...

Please come back soon Stones.

Worst part? Knowing there is one more show and I am not.... ...I got the blues.

Date: March 22, 2016 02:08

Songs played:

All Down The Line
Angie
Anybody Seen My Baby??
Beast Of Burden
Before They Make Me Run
Bitch
Brown Sugar
Can't Be Seen
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Dead Flowers
Doom And Gloom
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Honky Tonk Women
It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)
Jumping Jack Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
Like A Rolling Stone
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Out Of Control
Paint It Black
Ruby Tuesday
Satisfaction
She's A Rainbow
She's So Cold
Slipping Away
Start Me Up
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Wild Horses
Worried About You
You Can't Always Get What You Want
You Got Me Rocking
You Got The Silver

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 02:10 by Olly.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 22, 2016 02:28

Too short of a tour, but it was packed with fun. I am glad people in SA got their shows.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 04:13 by jambay.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:22

Cristiano Radtke
According to this article (in Spanish) the Stones are filming a documentary during the Olé Tour.

The Rolling Stones couldn't attend the photographic exhibition of Michael Cooper in Mexico, Early Stones, because they're filming a documentary.

That note was also confirmed in a mexican newspaper called Reforma. I'm sure they will make a documentary about it

Date: March 22, 2016 21:37

alexisjagger
Cristiano Radtke

That note was also confirmed in a mexican newspaper called Reforma. I'm sure they will make a documentary about it

Yes!

From (movie director) Paul Dugdale's blog:

"Excitement an understatement. #documentarymaking #therollingstonesLIVE"

[dugdaleblog.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 24, 2016 05:15

I sure hope this isn't a documentary about their "last tour....."

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 24, 2016 20:35

Same director as the Hyde park DVD.
Looking forward to see what he does with all the footage from the OLE tour and Cuba.

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 23:53

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 28, 2016 03:13

Do you think they will release a DVD of the Havana show for historical purposes? Did anyone in attendance see professional filming like in Rio?

Date: March 28, 2016 21:16

Brstonesfan
Do you think they will release a DVD of the Havana show for historical purposes? Did anyone in attendance see professional filming like in Rio?

Here's some interesting photos:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Date: March 29, 2016 00:30

Brstonesfan
Do you think they will release a DVD of the Havana show for historical purposes?

I think they will, but the purposes may be economic as well as historic or historical...

...Unless of course the Stones charge what they did for the concert for the DVD.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-29 00:38 by Olly.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 19:12

Any info on total boxscores?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-29 19:12 by 1962.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 31, 2016 15:51

Regarding the new app I asked the working staff for what purpose the live stream part was created and they responded now:

"Thank you for contacting us!

We can't disclose much seeing as this is a surprise, plus we're just your humble tech support guys so we we can't really advise on up-coming app features.

All the best!
Disciple Media Support

P.S.

Mostly streams with the band and Q&As, but that can change so no guarantees."

Soo no concert streaming planned yet smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-31 15:52 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: April 2, 2016 22:49

nothing interesting grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-02 22:53 by zgredzik.

Date: April 12, 2016 21:24

Here's a corporate video with some highlights from the Brazil concerts:

[vimeo.com]

Date: April 12, 2016 23:22

Loved this video Cristiano.
Recognised a brief glimpse of a couple of great fans I got to know, and there were so many memories from those four gigs in Brasil that I will always remember.

Such good times on my first ever visit to South America.
So happy I picked Brasil to do four shows as I had such a fantastic time there.
Big thankyou to all my South American and worldwide friends I met for the first time, and a few old friends from Europe. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home