Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones fans wanted!
Posted by: Becx ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:20

Hi, I'm a TV researcher in the UK and looking for some dedicated fans for a programme we're making. Any one fancy helping us out?

Re: Stones fans wanted!
Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:36

how are we expected to help you out?

Date: August 15, 2005 11:40

We'd like to talk to fans about their love of the band either by phone or in person (e.g. if you live somewhere or around London) for our programme. This site has been recommended as one where the fans know their stuff!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:45

what programme is the programme for?
and: do you feel like phoning poland, or are you looking only for people in the UK?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:46

What exactly is your research about?

Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:50

please post details of your requirements, the organisation that you're representing, and what you're hoping to achieve.

Date: August 15, 2005 11:55

Yeah, what do you want to ask? Else I'll be hanging on the phone with a gossip-magazine asking me what the size of Mick's genitals were BEFORE the enlargement.

Date: August 15, 2005 11:57

Basically it's a documentary for BBC Radio 2 and we'd like to speak to dedicated fans who have followed the band for some time. We'd like to talk to you about the gigs you've been too, whether you've met the band , any anecdotes about being a stones fan. Ideally we'd like to talk to people in the UK, but we could phone abroad if necessary. All help appreciated!

Date: August 15, 2005 11:59

It's for Radio 2 -we will definately not be talking about Mick's genitals -only about their musical legacy and career!

Date: August 15, 2005 12:02

um ... your email address is hidden in your profile, which makes it a tad difficult for willing people to provide you with their contact information.

- Keith

Date: August 15, 2005 12:04

Maybe you should talk to Bjornulf.

Date: August 15, 2005 12:07

Ok, is he the administrator of the site? Any ideas how to contact him directly? I'll check my profile -thanks. If you could post any info of your history as a fan that would be great.

Date: August 15, 2005 12:17

yes, Bjornulf is our gallant host here, and would be a superb source if he's willing.
as would Gazza.
Bjornulf's email address is in his profile, which you can check by clicking on his screen name - bv - in any of his posts, for example this one: [iorr.org]
(i know, i could just give you his email address, but it's more educational for you this way.)
are you a Stones fan yourself? do you know the history of the band, or ... ?

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-15 12:18 by with sssoul.

Date: August 15, 2005 12:25

I like them but I'm in the process of learning their greatness. I've been looking into their history, how long have you've been a fan? Thanks for the ref for bjornulf. Can't seem to edit my profile -doh!

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: August 15, 2005 12:28

Yeah - I'll do it! As soon as you get your email thing working, I'll forward my contact details.

Date: August 15, 2005 12:34

if you go to "my control center" and choose "edit my privacy options", that's where you can tell it to reveal your email address.
i started my fandom in 1963, and went through various phases.
the so-called *extreme* phase became permanent around 1985.

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-15 13:38 by with sssoul.

Date: August 15, 2005 12:36

Wow that's some history!! I've changed my profile now -hurrah!! Please get in contact it would be great to hear some of your stories.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: August 15, 2005 12:51

Becx,

I work for the BBC myself, in London - I'd be delighted to help (or even get involved???). Do contact me.

declan.duffy@bbc.co.uk

Declan

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 15, 2005 13:31

Becx... you should listen to every album from 62 till now (including A Bigger Bang), then do it again backwards... repeat this about 10 times. In the meanwhile put on soms video's/dvd's from some of their gigs. Four Flicks is damn good, but there are lots of other great ones (older ones).
After you've finished doing that, you should listen to some bootleg recordings, especially from the early seventies...(Brussels Affair, etc.)

After this you'll know the Stones aren't just a great rock 'n roll band...or the greatest in the world, but that they are a way life. Maybe then you'll understand what kind of people come on this board... Otherwise you won't understand them. They speak a different language!!! haha

Keep rollin'!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 15, 2005 13:44

amen !

Date: August 15, 2005 14:10

Sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon! Thanks for all your responses, I think the programme is going to be great, we've got some influential people talking to us but it's important to get the fan persective. One thing lacking though is the ladies - I am obviously not well versed enough to talk - any women interested?

Date: August 15, 2005 14:13

Yeh, I would be interested - first saw the band at Earls Court in '76 and have seen almost every London date since. One of the more unusual concerts I went to was their one and only visit to Russia - the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in August 1998. Shame about the rain, but a great gig nevertheless!

Will send my contact details!

Date: August 15, 2005 14:14

amen!

Date: August 15, 2005 14:15

Thanks!

Date: August 15, 2005 14:31

>> any women interested? <<

ahem: i'm absolutely female! a Keithbabe right from the get-go.
and ... just curious: was there anything in particular that led you to think i was male? that always intrigues me.

- Keith

Date: August 15, 2005 14:45

Eek, sorry with sssoul, as soon I sent that last post I had a hunch that I was mistaken! No reason why I made the wrong assumption -maybe I'm just used to being in the female minority on fan sites (especially anything to do with rock!) Sorry -hope I didn't offend!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 15, 2005 14:46

Becx! I have had a smiilar idea for a film.
I will send you a private mail within some 24h.

Date: August 15, 2005 15:00

smile: no offense taken, Becx!
it happens a lot, even though i always thought the number i took my screen name from ought to be a pretty fair clue as to my gender. :E

[www.timeisonourside.com]

- Keith

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 15, 2005 15:13

BTW with sssoul that picture is really cool isn't? I would be a Keithbabe myself!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2005 15:20

Aw hell I always thought you were a large dude with big T and A's.....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home