Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sick and tired of people comparing Stones album!!!
Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 13, 2005 20:29

I love Ya Yas also ... wore that sucker out on 8 track (I know I'm dating myself now) ... "Got Live" was recorded before producers got the recording techniques perfected and the overall sound is muddy and the crowd noise is overpowering but in a weird way at the time that actually added to my enjoyment.

At the time all you could hear on the radio was pretty much sappy pop tunes and that was the first album I ever actually owned and the Raw Power (apologies to Iggy and the Stooges) just blew me away.

On some of the songs the guitar was fairly good and others it was buried so quality wise there is no comparison to Ya Yas.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:44

Exile on main street is a brilliant album,but it is greatly over rated mainly by so called musical authorites who cant be bothered to listen to any Stones product post 72.

Yeah this is a forum.However at times it tends to be dominated by cynical,critical jerks who have been priced out of the market.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 14, 2005 00:45

Exile over rated?????? Wow!!! Now that is a diverse opinion for certain. Let's see how the open minded take that one.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: August 14, 2005 02:52

Jagger has always thought "Exile" to be overrated and has said so on many, many occasions.

Whatever else it is or is not, it certainly forms the core of the Stones' myth at this point. For that reason, the fascination with that amazing album tends to blind people to all the other possibilities for the Stones--albums like "Black And Blue," "Emotional Rescue," and "Bridges" that take the Stones blues and soul into slightly more ecclectic and experimental places.

Too bad. I mean, imagine if they had spent Summer, 1971 trying to remake "Aftermath."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-14 03:19 by Rev. Robert W..

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 15, 2005 17:40

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > StonesTod Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > That's EXACTLY what it is all about,
> Michrud.
> >
> >
> > You're wrong there compadre. It's about
> diggin'
> > it, and diggin' it the cool way.
> >
> >
> >
>
> spoken like someone who hasn't listened to a whole
> lot of music.

Spoken like a man who just doesn't get what it's all about.

smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 15, 2005 18:57

JKF:

What it's 'all about' is finding connections in music. Any musician will tell you that. So, if you're not going to reflect on new music by finding and discovering connections with past music, you're missing the boat, IMO.

(aka StonesTod)

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 16, 2005 21:30

Some seems to forget the times the different albums were released. The cover of Dirty work reflected the 80s. So did the music, on that album, and all the other albums, like Some Girls, Emotional rescue, and so on. That's the great thing about the Stones. They are into the groove of time, not just sticking to the old formula, like AC/DC and other bands. They develop, thank God.

Date: August 18, 2005 19:44

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JKF:
>
> What it's 'all about' is finding connections in
> music. Any musician will tell you that. So, if
> you're not going to reflect on new music by
> finding and discovering connections with past
> music, you're missing the boat, IMO.
>
> (aka StonesTod)

What you're saying is exactly what I'm doing dude. But if you get too much into all that shit you miss out on so much else. Music ain't just a puzzle where you sit around finding connections. Music (read: GOOD music / aka Stones smiling smiley) is a nerve and a feeling. I can't even begin to count how many people I know that started to become really good at playing music, and then, suddenly they only wanna play shit like Stevie Wonder or Jameriquai (Correct spelling???). You see there's an old Chinese saying that goes "You can lose something while you learn".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 18, 2005 19:55

I guess I'm having difficulty understanding you, then, JKF. I find it impossible to listen to music without reflecting on the connections. And, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Date: August 19, 2005 11:35

I would. smiling smiley

We'll never agree anyway, so let's just stop OK?

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home