Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick says "Neo Con" not about Bush
Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 00:58

It sure sounds like it's about George ... Does this not contradict Micks previous remarks about the song?

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-12 00:59 by hutz13.

Re: Mick says "Neo Con" not about Bush
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:03

i believe he's said it's about Condi (hence the title) - but in the interview I saw he said he wasn't favoring Bush's policies....

Date: August 12, 2005 01:18

This is the article where I got the impression the song was directed against Bush ... maybe I interpreted it wrong or maybe the articles author was trying to stir it up (and suceeded)

[www.nme.com]

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 12, 2005 01:55

I think personally that the bigger issue is....

Would or is Mick now denying that the song is about Bush & his politics?

We live in a day and age of "political correctness" which is another word for censorship!

I hope the Stones would not go this route!

Personally.... I would like to state that Bush is singled out for all his presidential decisionsas if he makes them alone or something . which certainly is not the case.

"That powers that be" elected him.

I am not defending him please note!

I think Bush is way TOO liberal for me!

GET US OUT OF THE EVIL UNITED NATIONS!!!!!!!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:01

I'm staying out of this one. :-)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:03

One thing anyone cant blame the Stones-fans for is having conform or uniform opinions.

I hope I´m a typical one: I dont give a shite.
Only at times. And at those rare occasions, it blows over in some minutes*.

As my friend Ingemar use to say: "(I´m pleased,) if I only got my beers"...

* I can, momentarily, ephemarily, miss a contra-power to the Mighty US in the big big world. - The Soviet Union was no good contra power, and the Magic Bizarre Burkha-Muslims sure aint that either.

Date: August 12, 2005 02:09

It's interesting because the Stones tour is sponsored in America by Ameriquest Mortgage and the Stones have aligned themselves with NFL Football and ABC Television ... could it be that pressure is being applied by these major corporations to have Mick and The Stones soften their message re: Bush ... Politics .. et al?

I'm not accusing, I'm simply asking the question ...

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: mark ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:14

It is directed at a stereo typed group....I think Mick steared wide enough on this one....only stanch GB supporters would want to draw comparisons. Now John Prine's "Some Folks Just Ain't Human" pulls no punches.

"Vice-President Dick Cheney, Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice are considered by some to be leading neo-conservatives.

However, the term is a contentious one in the US.

The BBC's Mark Mardell has described neo-cons as "full-blooded 21st Century nationalists" who "insist America's mission is to bring democracy to the world".

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:47

Why does everyone refer to democracy when speaking of the US

WE ARE A REPUBLIC!

that always baffled me

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 02:54

Marhsall,

NICE. I agree with what you said in your first post.
We are on the same page.

Posted by: GottaHaveHim ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:02

If you have Real Player, you can here it from Mick's own mouth~~~He basically said that it mainly against the Republican Party~~~~~~~

[switchboard.real.com]

Hope this works!!!!

Stay Happy,
~Gotta~

"It's allright letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back."
~Mick Jagger~

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:37

WE are at copsnrobbers believe it is about Bush.. Pearl Jam wrote about Bush in the song "Bushleaguer "... we disagree with the current administration and most of their polocies copsnrobbers feel they are dismantling the achievements of popular struggle through the past century the prospects of a government which serves popular interests is being dismantled but more importantly ...We agree with Jagger's comments on his interpatation..thank you copsnrobbers

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:43

"WE are at copsnrobbers believe it is about Bush.. Pearl Jam wrote about Bush in the song "Bushleaguer "... we disagree with the current administration and most of their polocies copsnrobbers feel they are dismantling the achievements of popular struggle through the past century the prospects of a government which serves popular interests is being dismantled but more importantly ...We agree with Jagger's comments on his interpatation..thank you copsnrobbers"

Jeez dude. Could you be any more articulate?

Have you heard the whole song?

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:45

T&A - What does "hence the title" mean? Its been widely purported here and elsewhere about Neo Conservative regarding the acro "neo-con". I would think that if Ms. Rice was the focus of the tag that she be more integrated in the lyrics- you disagree?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 12, 2005 10:57

Well Mick, who is a hypocrite now? All newspapers say it's about the White House.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 12, 2005 14:39

Marhsall wrote :
Why does everyone refer to democracy when speaking of the US
WE ARE A REPUBLIC!

Not really in Europe.
As long as your president will swear on the bible instead of the constitution and finishes all these interventions with "God bless America" USA could not be a Republic.
Republic means separation of the powers : Executive, Legislative and Justice.
Religion has nothing to do with politics and the prime minister or the president from a republic can be catholic, protestant, jew... and above all "unbeliever".
USA is a democracy for his freedom and elections but not a republic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home