Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick's autobiography attempt
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 17, 2015 06:35

Mick's a nice bunch of guys...

So which guy is going to accept the advance and write a book?

Ain't happening...

I think we all know the Mick Jagger story except the financials...which I heard Prince Rupert Lowenstein revealed in his book.

We all know the good stuff about Mick...why would he write a book revealing or confirming the bad stuff?

That book wouldn't fit on a shelf...

Enjoy the music, enjoy the tours, enjoy the interviews...

Don't turn a Stone over and see the bugs under the rock...you might not like what you see.

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-17 06:40 by Pecman.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 17, 2015 11:15

Well, its interesting that on the 100th anniversary of Sinatra's birth there are a swathe of new books out about the great man.
This includes the second part of a very comprehensive biography.
So in 2043 who knows?
But an autobiography no. Sinatra of course declined also. He also became very selective with interviews later on (like Mick), especially TV.
The UK's Michael Parkinson interviewed just about everyone of note in the 1970 -2000 or so period.
Except Sinatra....of whom Parky was a great fan of....he tried, without success.
And Dylan.....of whom I suspect he wasn't bothered about.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 17, 2015 14:56

mr_dja
Kurt
So...
Is there a point to be made here?
confused smiley

Why write an autobiography when your story isn't done yet?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to write an autobiography when your story is done.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Ya'll are stealing Keith's line and messing it up! ... Well before Life, Keith was asked why he never wrote an autobiography, and he said "Because I don't know how it ends."

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 17, 2015 15:54

And, once being asked why instead of writing the thing he had returned the advance, didn't Mick reply to the sense that it wouldn't be good to write a book while the people appearing therein are still alive? Even if it's rather a big excuse, I'd say it is a point that speaks for him.

dead.flowers

Date: December 17, 2015 16:37

dead.flowers
And, once being asked why instead of writing the thing he had returned the advance, didn't Mick reply to the sense that it wouldn't be good to write a book while the people appearing therein are still alive? Even if it's rather a big excuse, I'd say it is a point that speaks for him.

dead.flowers

Especially as Mick has great grandchildren who are just starting out on their life journey.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: December 17, 2015 17:25

Mick won't do it because it would help destroy his single greatest asset: mystique.

Date: December 17, 2015 18:41

wellalright
Mick won't do it because it would help destroy his single greatest asset: mystique.

I'm not sure though, that he has "mystique", imo.
Dylan has of course.
If you die at an early age, then a sort of mystique is developed in the tears ahead.
The writer JD Salinger had mystique, he dropped out of public view after Catcher in the Rye.
The artist Banksy has it too.

Mick has Mustique....well, some of it.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 17, 2015 19:14

jlowe
dead.flowers

dead.flowers

Especially as Mick has great grandchildren who are just starting out on their life journey.

Agree. Which sensible character would want to reveal to his progeny all and everything (maybe doubtful) he may have done in his early years?

Primitive Cool comes to mind.

Did you walk cool in the fifties, daddy?
Was it all black and white?
Did you play jazz all night?
Was it really so wonderful?

Cheers

dead.flowers

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home