Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
negative posts
Posted by: kienan ()
Date: August 10, 2005 22:34

What's with all the negative posts lately? The Stones are on the eve of a new album and a new tour(i'm thankful).Most all good bands from the sixties are gone. The Stones are human, they have aged. I'm just glad they are still with us.I, too have complains about them(too many backing musicans)but,its trivial.just sit back and enjoy!Looking forward to reviews of tonight's show.

Re: negative posts
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 10, 2005 22:38

yes, i totally agree, kienan.
too much negative posts.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 10, 2005 22:45

Is this a positive post then?!

Stop wingeing!

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: August 10, 2005 23:27

I couldn't agree with you more, Kienan!

Let's be grateful for this album and this new tour!!

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: August 10, 2005 23:36

Well said, Keinan. I totally agree. Your thoughts have been with me for quite some time. I think one of several reasons is peoples frustration over the ticket prices and the confussion over pre-sales, way too many codes and all the rest of it. Hopefully, things will settle down a bit after tonights show and everybody can just look forward to the shows they are going to and really enjoy the ride. Cheers!

Rick

Date: August 10, 2005 23:42

Positive post? With words like thankful,glad and enjoy,yes i think its positive.What is wingeing? Something you have cheese with?

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:04

Wingeing is a type of moaning/complaining.

Do two negatives make a positive?

Ask a magnet.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:09

New tour, new album.
Isn't this why we are all here in the first place?????

Rock On.

Brush your teeth with rock and roll.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:12

Right on Kienan - too many sad people with worthless opinions - some of us are actually lookin forward to the tour & the album.

So to those of you who post the negative crap - if ya aint got nothin good to say don't say nothin at all.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:23

right on - wait...let me go get my pom-pom's....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:27

Negative post...never had one in my life.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:34

Ged Rambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right on Kienan - too many sad people with
> worthless opinions - some of us are actually
> lookin forward to the tour & the album.
>
> So to those of you who post the negative crap - if
> ya aint got nothin good to say don't say nothin at
> all.

The endless griping doesn't achieve anything, it's true, and I get disgusted with the same old bitching and moaning, but it doesn't affect me one whit. I have no mixed emotions on how much I love the Stones, so I let the negativity pass on by.

Some of the repeated complaints are just like the cane-waving old conservatives who can't deal with the fact that time does indeed go on, and things do change.
They are afflicted by what I've come to describe as "bitter-old-fart syndrome" (BOFS). I almost feel pity for them, but I'd just as soon have them get the hell out of my way so the rest of us can move on and look forward to the future, rather than fearing it and trying to stave it off.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:39

Kienan, Ged Rambler, if someone has constructive criticism would that OK with you or can one only post gleaming accolades? This board would be dull beyond imagining if all we ever did was say how great the band is. And who are you to say whose opinion is worthless and who is sad anyway? What do you really know about the people who post here? I'll tell you. Nowt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 00:45 by ChrisM.

Date: August 11, 2005 00:47

ChrisM, where did i say anything about opinions being worthless and who is sad? Sounds like someone is having a bad day and vending there frustations. What do you know about me are anyone else who post here? Do you have a momopoly on this ?

Date: August 11, 2005 00:54

Kienan, my post was directed more at Ged Rambler rather than at you so apologies for not having made the distinction. I'm not having a bad day really and nothing I said was pejorative and I certainly made no claim to know much about anyone who posts here either. Ultimately my point was a little criticism is not a bad thing. It balances things out. Do you take my meaning?

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:56

One reason why I joined up on here was because I was sick of reading posts by people who do nothin but moan & complain.

I aint got no issue with constructive criticism,but you'd think that now the tour & album are upon us we all might be a little happier.

Anyway - bet all the negative people will be shedding out their dosh for a ticket & then tellin us how good it was.

Ok,maybe the worthless & sad bits were a bit over the top,but come on - lets get up for it - ITS THE STONES MAN.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:02

Im happy ,,cmon 9:30

Date: August 11, 2005 01:03

Well, personally - I come here because at least one other (unnamed) site is pretty much consumed with "cheerleaders" who can't handle a little truth and constructive (or not sometimes) criticism. I'd hate to see this site go that direction, frankly. I think BV does a nice job keeping things balanced here.

Sometimes I think folks take criticism of the Stones as personally directed at them. I'm old enough and confident enough in my knowledge of the band to make up my own mind about the music...but sometimes I wonder if others are (not saying they aren't - just wondering). As a for-instance - I hate ONNSOL (as y'all know) - but I can't imagine that my saying that would have an iota of effect on someone else who loves the song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 01:05 by T&A.

Date: August 11, 2005 01:05

ChrisM, I agree that a little criticism is a good thing.i even said that i have complaints.I'm just excited about the new cd and tour.I've followed the Stones since '65.It's like a long lost friend coming around again.Are you going to see them on this tour? I've got tickets for the Atlanta show.

Date: August 11, 2005 01:10

Indeed you did have some constructive criticism Kienan and like you I'm excited to have some new material coming out after so long a wait. I'll be seeing them in San Francisco come November but I'd give my left nut to see them in a small club like the Phoenix tonight! Now that would be extraordinary!

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:13

ChrisM should shut his face up and stick to the facts when he gives us what he says is constructive criticism. He full of bullshit and showing no knowlegde about the Stones. Check the facts and forget your feelings and you'll see that you're dead wrong!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:14

critisism is what makes them better.. if everybody says ron wood plays like shit he's gonna look at himself on a tape and say "yeah i do play like shit" and he's gonna want to fix that.

a real fan has criticism instead of a wannabee that has to proof himself to a bunch of guys on a forum that he's a "fan".

Date: August 11, 2005 01:15

That's a nice, positive post, Niklas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 01:15 by T&A.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:20

All I ask is: check the facts!

How can anyone ask for more that 120 different songs in the last 6 tours? How can anyone ask for more than 47 different songs in three shows in a week?

I just not get it. I wish someone of you lovely critisizers could name me one band, old or new, that has done the same?

Happy, baby won't you keep me happy!

Date: August 11, 2005 01:28

Reptile. Please read Niklas last post.I think that about sums it up.But,i guess he and i are just "wannabees". Maybe one day i'll be a "real fan".

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:30

Toronto, Opening Show at the Green Monster, Tour, CD, DVD, T-Shirts, Bootlegs and IORR site. What more could we ask for?
This summer is the Golden Age of Rock'n'Roll.
It's good for our body, it's good for our soul.
The Golden Age of Rock'n'Roll will never die as long as we feel the need to laugh and cry.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:32

kienan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reptile. Please read Niklas last post.I think that
> about sums it up.But,i guess he and i are just
> "wannabees". Maybe one day i'll be a "real fan".

Maybe.

Date: August 11, 2005 01:34

Reptile. thanks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:35

Cool out boys we're all here for one reason.

"It's that fascination with music that is still the core of the band. Charlie sits around and talks about this fantastic Coltrane solo. Thank God, it's the one thing that hasn't left us. You can get disillusioned with the state of the world, but the music's still OK." ..... Keith Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: August 11, 2005 01:40

ChrisM,You luckly dog!Metallic and the Stones together.We've got Wilco.No complaints,better that some of the other opening acts.I wish that i was standing in line at the club in Toronto right now.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home