Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

F#$@ presales, what's the need ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: August 3, 2005 16:53

What is the point nowerdays with that F%$@#&%$ pre-sales-concept ?
Is it only to get money out of your pocket to get fanclub-membership, or what ?
What is wrong with the " old" way to get tickets: Going to the box-office the night before, and who is first, will get the best tickets ( at least, that's the way it has been in Europe ).
Untill the Licks-tour.
Someone greedy invented the pre-sales, and even came up with the grazy idea to sell FOS-tickets ( Front Of Stage ) .
What's wrong with the most fair way to get in front of stage; be there very, very early ( or even sleep on the streets ) and run like hell when the gates are opened.
I went to see U2 two weeks ago, and they are still using the old principle.
What is f%$#@%& wrong with that ??

Re: F#$@ presales, what's the need ?
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: August 3, 2005 17:00

Couln't agree more!! the 'old' way had something romantic too; waiting outside with colleague die hards...
Best was the situation when the actual tickets were physically in the office,you could calculate the amount of tickets and where you were in line and so be sure already of tickets, selling by computer is depending too much, during the sale for a Babylon show the computer in the local office crashed just before it was my turn! #$#@ terrible

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 3, 2005 17:06

To my knowledge also U2 had a presale alert or somethng like this.
I think mainly the whole thing startet, because of the theatre shows. Mostly only people from the city had the chance to purchase a ticket on the same day. Now in the world of globalisation (don't ask me if this is good or bad) moneymaking is a bid different. If yu think how many people acquire a presale code times 100 USD you realize this is also business. You have to sell 5-6 albums to get a turnover only of 100 USD while the presale codes might just be a total margin for the band.
The presale code would be fair, if they really would release the tickets at all price ranges and all at once for the presale and then the rest for the normal sales. Ticketmaster however goes a different way, but nobody understands it. I have asked them for they philisophy under different e-mails and it would be to long to present them here as they are mainly excuses.

But I agree in 82 I was on all German Stones concerts plus London first Row, because I spent the night in front of the gate. I assume liability and all responsbility does not allow these things anymore.

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: August 3, 2005 17:48

It's not a system for the "real" fans, who wants to go to more than one concert.
When you've got tickets for 1 concert with pre-sale, they say "hahahaha", this was your turn.
Go and buy the rest of the tickets for the other concerts on E-bay, at least the FOS-tickets.
No respect at all !!
Or, naturally, you can get another membership.
Bloody a%$holes.

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:51

The need? The need is for no Stone to be unturned when it comes to gouging us fans.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 3, 2005 22:25

All the pre-sales need to be like the Durham Venue pre-sale. Where all the tickets were 30% off. $95 seats for $65, $160 seats for $110, etc. Trouble is that's the only venue I know of that has done that. Were ther others?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 3, 2005 23:08

ive seen 1 band hav 5 different presale codes ,,,,CRAZY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home