Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT not many on iorr address each other on a friendly level
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 26, 2015 22:53

He he you crazy mothers, your getting the hang of it..
Got a question for Naturalust cos im determined to find a subject he will not see both sides of.
Question is would you rather spend a week on hols with Mick or Keith lol winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-26 23:04 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2015 22:58

Thrylan
treaclefingers
Aquamarine
Hairball
I'm sunburnt and beaten tired by record breaking heat and large surf after a month of being in Hawaii.
Tomorrow I go home to California - for more sun and more surf.

cool smiley

You poor soul. sad smiley

indeed...my eyes moistened.

What does it mean when that happens?

tepid salty discharge

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 26, 2015 23:30

keefriffhards
Got a question for Naturalust cos im determined to find a subject he will not see both sides of.
Question is would you rather spend a week on hols with Mick or Keith ??
That goes for all you crazy train spotters winking smiley

Initially, Keith of course because he might have his beautiful wife and daughters nearby. grinning smiley Like many musicians I'd love to trade guitar riffs with the guy, just to be able to say Keith Richards showed me this one..it goes like this....the guy can probably talk music and guitars for a solid week which would suit me just fine.

Mick on the other hand would also be a treat and I'll bet the daily activities he engages in would more suit my style these days. Some exercise and adventure sports perhaps mixed with high quality, low quantity meals and plenty of pampering and posh in between. I get the feeling Mick is more engaged with the outdoor world and still passionate about experiencing new things. Besides we all kind of know who Keith is and it would be very interesting to try to get to know Mick on some deeper level. I think he's probably funny as hell when he's not guarded

So as usual I'm seeing both sides of the coin here, you'll have to find something else to make me take sides. I assure you I am completely unbalanced on plenty of issues. grinning smiley

Date: July 26, 2015 23:40

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Question is would you rather spend a week on hols with Mick or Keith ??
That goes for all you crazy train spotters winking smiley

Initially, Keith of course because he might have his beautiful wife and daughters nearby. grinning smiley Like many musicians I'd love to trade guitar riffs with the guy, just to be able to say Keith Richards showed me this one..it goes like this....the guy can probably talk music and guitars for a solid week which would suit me just fine.

Mick on the other hand would also be a treat and I'll bet the daily activities he engages in would more suit my style these days. Some exercise and adventure sports perhaps mixed with high quality, low quantity meals and plenty of pampering and posh in between. I get the feeling Mick is more engaged with the outdoor world and still passionate about experiencing new things. Besides we all kind of know who Keith is and it would be very interesting to try to get to know Mick on some deeper level. I think he's probably funny as hell when he's not guarded

So as usual I'm seeing both sides of the coin here, you'll have to find something else to make me take sides. I assure you I am completely unbalanced on plenty of issues. grinning smiley

Is your star sign Libra . The Scales.
I wish i was more like you.
I am like a 50 year old teenager i love or hate everything, its ridiculous lol
I see what you mean about Mick, he is fascinating, it would be good to know what really makes him tick. Although Mick and Keith are idols, it would probably be less stressful to hang out with Ronnie and Charlie..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 26, 2015 23:45

Naturalust
you'll have to find something else to make me take sides

Barry Manilow or Engelbert Humperdinck ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 27, 2015 00:35

Rolling Hansie

Gaaaah! And to think I used to like you! winking smiley

Date: July 27, 2015 00:41

Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

The German composer or the English pop star?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 27, 2015 00:43

Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

I'll take either of those over Barry Manilow.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 27, 2015 00:49

Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

Engelbert Humperdinck (the English one) toured with Hendrix, so I'd take him.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2015 00:52

I'd take Clifton's --- Release Me over the Humper .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 27, 2015 01:14

Aquamarine
Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

What! There's two Humperdincks? eye popping smiley

no wonder I felt so miserable with no chance of recovery.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 27, 2015 01:18

open-g

Suggest you refer to the What Are You Drinking thread and follow their lead.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 27, 2015 03:10

Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

He does write the songs that make the whole world sing.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 27, 2015 05:15

latebloomer
Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

Actually Bruce Johnston from The Beach Boys wrote that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 27, 2015 05:38

More Hot Rocks
latebloomer
Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

Actually Bruce Johnston from The Beach Boys wrote that.

Why????

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 27, 2015 07:55

Hey John from Cornwall, I'm Bill. And I do talk to some of the folks here (or former folks here) on Facebook or via email. Of course, I have to like them first. We'll see what happens once we stop sparring. Glad you're around. For all the abuse I give you (which you richly deserve), I'm glad you're here and determined to make your presence felt. Cheers to you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 27, 2015 08:03

open-g
Aquamarine
Green Lady
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

I don't know if an English one, only a Welsh.

Date: July 27, 2015 10:01

Rocky Dijon
Hey John from Cornwall, I'm Bill. And I do talk to some of the folks here (or former folks here) on Facebook or via email. Of course, I have to like them first. We'll see what happens once we stop sparring. Glad you're around. For all the abuse I give you (which you richly deserve), I'm glad you're here and determined to make your presence felt. Cheers to you.

Cheers Rocky

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2015 12:44

Naturalust
I'll take record breaking heat in Hawaii over just about anywhere else, probably less than 90 degF

A couple weeks ago it was over 90f, breaking longstanding records in most Hawaiian cities, and it was very humid with the tradewinds at a standstill.

Naturalust
Strange to have truly large surf this time of year over there, usually the winter storms bring the big waves, I guess there must have been some typhoons or hurricanes close by.

Wintertime = North Shore swells - from Alaskan storms in the northern hemisphere.
Summertime = South Shore swells - from tropical storms and hurricanes, etc. in southern hemisphere.
Not really strange, happens every year, but indeed the North Shore winter swells are generally much bigger and are what Hawaii is mostly known for surf wise.
Right now though there is (or was) a massive storm off New Zealand, and all south shores of the Hawaiian Islands are reaping the benefits - 10-12+ foot massive waves.

Meanwhile, just got back to reality in California slightly jetlagged and waterlogged.... thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-27 12:52 by Hairball.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 27, 2015 14:43

I listen to the Stones on the bus ride home after work to relax. I also check-in at IORR blog because it interests me and I feel comfortable posting here. Maybe I can afford to be more friendly.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 27, 2015 15:30

Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

Which one would you prefer smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 27, 2015 16:26

nightskyman
I listen to the Stones on the bus ride home after work to relax. I also check-in at IORR blog because it interests me and I feel comfortable posting here. Maybe I can afford to be more friendly.

I listen to the Stones before work and during breaks to get me more motivated to actually get some work done.

Unless there's an obvious clash/argument I've generally felt this place is friendly. It was great finding fellow stones fans/addicts because my friends and family aren't (some are casual fans but that's about it).

Hi John in Cornwall. I'm in London but would much rather be in Cornwall! - a very beautiful part of the UK. smiling smiley

Date: July 27, 2015 16:44

MarthaTuesday
nightskyman

I listen to the Stones before work and during breaks to get me more motivated to actually get some work done.

Unless there's an obvious clash/argument I've generally felt this place is friendly. It was great finding fellow stones fans/addicts because my friends and family aren't (some are casual fans but that's about it).

Hi John in Cornwall. I'm in London but would much rather be in Cornwall! - a very beautiful part of the UK. smiling smiley

Hi MarthaTuesday. Yes i must admit i was wrong about this place, i realise now it is much more friendly than i first thought, apologies to all.
I was on the defensive when i started posting and that will cause a reaction.
I cant believe i'm still here lol.
So its best for me to calm it down a bit if i'm going to be here as long as some. Honestly how does anyone go 10 years without losing it. That's self control, i'm in short supply of that. Cheers..

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 27, 2015 18:57

Hello everyone. I really am not the BITCH that some of you think I am. My name is Debra and I've been known to defend Mick from time to time....quite a few times actually. It's because he has been under attack many times for no good reason, IMO. I have been a Stones fanatic since I was 10....my first show was July of 1972. You may not realize it but I love Keith too! I love teasing you all and my good friends find me very friendly!winking smiley I also think that there have been times when I've had to prove that I know my stuff, have paid my dues and have a few things to offer on occasion! I also feel that at times women are not taken seriously here and the impression I get is that we are merely tolerated. I have thick skin so I really don't mind but I am here to debunk the theory that our input is not as valueable as that of the gents'! We are ALL here because we love the Stones!
Cheers everyone! I really do love this site! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-27 19:04 by mickschix.

Date: July 27, 2015 19:08

mickschix
Hello everyone. I really am not the BITCH that some of you think I am. My name is Debra and I've been known to defend Mick from time to time....quite a few times actually. It's because he has been under attack many times for no good reason, IMO. I have been a Stones fanatic since I was 10....my first show was July of 1972. You may not realize it but I love Keith too! I love teasing you all and my friends find me very friendly!winking smiley I also think that thee h ave been times when I've had to prove that I know my stuff, have paid my dues and have a few things to offer on occasion!
Cheers everyone! I really do love this site! smileys with beer

I am exactly the same in reverse lol, I defend Keith because he gets bashed so often, well he used to. But i also think Mick is an almighty force of nature , the most fascinating front man ever. But people don't understand when i criticize Mick its because i know how great he could (can) be. Cheers

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 27, 2015 20:28

I totally get that, Keefriff. I think that being passionate about the Stones is a wonderful thing. I just have to take Keith's advice when he says " Don't Take It So Hard", or so personally when people pick on Mick. This band has been a huge salvation and blessing in my life, on many levels. I'm sure that's the case with many fans. Cheers!

Date: July 27, 2015 20:34

mickschix
I totally get that, Keefriff. I think that being passionate about the Stones is a wonderful thing. I just have to take Keith's advice when he says " Don't Take It So Hard", or so personally when people pick on Mick. This band has been a huge salvation and blessing in my life, on many levels. I'm sure that's the case with many fans. Cheers!

Yep the Stones will always be my first love lol.
Its a healthy obsession after all.
Cheers Debra smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 27, 2015 21:25

hello, i am Greek and it's good to be here! I love Gyro's and kabob's and feta . i really love the Stones . my favorite Stone is the riffmaster : none other than Keef ,aka Mr. Richards . bless his heart and gold rings on him !!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 27, 2015 21:41

TheGreek
hello, i am Greek and it's good to be here! I love Gyro's and kabob's and feta . i really love the Stones . my favorite Stone is the riffmaster : none other than Keef ,aka Mr. Richards . bless his heart and gold rings on him !!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gold Rings to you TheGreek. I love Greek Mezze's and i have a holiday home in Kavos. The wildest place in the world lol. I love Corfu smiling smiley
I often wonder why Keith has such devoted fans. Male, Female, Young or old and across the world , we all love the old devil, His Royal Keefeness. Cheers mate.

Date: July 27, 2015 23:00

Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust

Which one would you prefer smiling smiley

Well I'm not much of a fan of opera or schmaltzy pop, but the Hendrix association has me leaning toward the Welsh pop star. smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home