Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: David Gilmour new album and tour
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 12, 2016 17:08

Gosh, I missed the WT links

David is playing in Chantilly (approx. 50 km north of Paris) on Saturday
Weather forecast is optimistic
GA standing tickets still available
Seats are sold out

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:24

Mr.D
Poland 6-25-16

Set 1:

5 A.M.
Rattle That Lock
Faces of Stone
Wish You Were Here
What Do You Want From Me
A Boat Lies Waiting
The Blue
Money
Us and Them
In Any Tongue
High Hopes

Set 2:

One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Dancing Right In Front of Me
Coming Back To Life
On An Island
The Girl In The Yellow Dress (with Leszek Mozdzer)
Today
Sorrow
Run Like Hell
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
Comfortably Numb

Good till July 19th:
[we.tl]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 14, 2016 14:01

Chuck in Pompeii

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 01:08

To everyone from Germany! There are now some seats in all Price categories available on Eventim. Just scored good seat in the B block.

Date: July 25, 2016 06:17

Dear fellow Iorrians. Anyone traveling to Tienen/Tirlemont from Brussels on the 27? Show is set to end at 00:30, and the last train departs Tienen at 23:59. Would be very grateful if I could share a ride back to Brussels (will be staying at the Sofitel Le Louise, but anywhere downtown would be perfect). Many thanks.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 25, 2016 16:23

David sure seems to be enjoying himself. I hope he comes back to the States.

A good place to start would be as a surprise guest with Roger Waters at Desert Trip. Just sayin'....

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 25, 2016 23:41

rbk
David sure seems to be enjoying himself. I hope he comes back to the States.

A good place to start would be as a surprise guest with Roger Waters at Desert Trip. Just sayin'....

Now that would be sweet but a long shot.
Maybe chuck will mention this to
David.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 26, 2016 01:07

There is saying that Roger once had David´s face printed on his toilet paper, I personally wouldnt join a band led by a man who had my face on his toilet paper...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2016 03:18

HMS
There is saying that Roger once had David´s face printed on his toilet paper, I personally wouldnt join a band led by a man who had my face on his toilet paper...

I agree thats a childish sign of disrespect. However, the funny man in me's gotta applaud that hilarious concept. If I had a good friend that I then didn't speak to for 20 years only to finally reconnect with him and he told me he did that, I feel like I'd think thats hysterical.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 08:51

Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day. Roger's Wall is an amazing spectacle, but with a lot of songs being sung by a David impersonator and with a Roger using pre-recorded vocals in some parts. It is not a rock show, it is a spectacle. The best I have ever seen, but really mostly a spectacle. David gives you almost 3 hours of pure music. After finally having seen him this year, I have nothing but words of respect for him. He would fit the Desert trip way better than Roger, that is my opinion.

Date: July 26, 2016 18:18

Happy24
Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day.
Same here, seen both in the last 5 years, would take David anyday, even if it means half the show is his solo material.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 26, 2016 20:47

Both show in Nimes were great

Here with Chuck:

with david:

more pics here
[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:27

Happy24
Having seen Roger 4 times and David twice, I'd take David over Roger any day. Roger's Wall is an amazing spectacle, but with a lot of songs being sung by a David impersonator and with a Roger using pre-recorded vocals in some parts. It is not a rock show, it is a spectacle. The best I have ever seen, but really mostly a spectacle. David gives you almost 3 hours of pure music. After finally having seen him this year, I have nothing but words of respect for him. He would fit the Desert trip way better than Roger, that is my opinion.
I was shocked by how much of The Wall was pre-recorded. I watched Roger closely, and realized there was NO WAY a man in his mid-60s was singing that forcefully. And after watching even more closely, I finally saw little cracks in the lip sync facade. I still enjoyed the show but it was very disappointing that so much of the show was completely staged.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 26, 2016 22:42

keefriff99
Happy24
I was shocked by how much of The Wall was pre-recorded. I watched Roger closely, and realized there was NO WAY a man in his mid-60s was singing that forcefully. And after watching even more closely, I finally saw little cracks in the lip sync facade. I still enjoyed the show but it was very disappointing that so much of the show was completely staged.

Yeap, I have also seen Roger from very close distance and have exactly the same experience. The easiest comparison is to play the current The Wall DVD and then the Live 8 gig from 2005, which was 100% live. Roger sounds completely different, 100% better now. If it only wasn't with the help of a tape. As much as I like his music and well, I have enjoyed his show (I wouldn't have gone 4 times otherwise, right?), whenever I think about his "singing," Britney Spears pops up in my head, which is not right, nor pleasant. It is just completely wrong for a rock star.

David's shows on the other hand are absolutely brilliant, with all the minor imperfections that live music brings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-26 22:44 by Happy24.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 7, 2017 02:18

Gilmour at Pompeii one night only in theaters 9/13:

[www.davidgilmourcinematickets.co.uk]

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 13, 2017 18:12

Gilmour at Pompeii one night only in theaters tonight. I`ll be there.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 14, 2017 00:56

`t was great. -love the extended solo of "In Every Tongue".

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 14, 2017 01:09

And chuck l doing the CN vocal - what a surprise

Date: September 14, 2017 05:59

Just got home, way to go Chuck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home