Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I just watched Gimme Shelter again
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:55

Rockman
...in all fairness it actually was a 5 minute head start ...

But that was after the decapitation....they were running around in circles for a good portion of the head start.

The Colonel could be both cruel and ironic.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:14

relms
How did the chicken get to the other side before it crossed the road?

From an egg? But did another chicken lay the egg or did the egg just appear?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 8, 2015 22:49

More Hot Rocks
relms
How did the chicken get to the other side before it crossed the road?

From an egg? But did another chicken lay the egg or did the egg just appear?

THIS^ is the age old question.

Which came first? who made who?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 9, 2015 02:01

GasLightStreet
mandu
during the movie Wild Horses and Brown Sugar was played,did they write those songs way before Sticky Fingers came out?

Uhhh... have songs ever been on an album that were written after the album they're on came out?

As sssoul has previously pointed out, the question is validated by the inclusion of 'way'.

Olly.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2015 02:03

Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu
during the movie Wild Horses and Brown Sugar was played,did they write those songs way before Sticky Fingers came out?

Uhhh... have songs ever been on an album that were written after the album they're on came out?

As sssoul has previously pointed out, the question is validated by the inclusion of 'way'.

That would imply 1965 or so, which they were not.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 9, 2015 02:11

GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu

Incorrect.

Olly.

Date: July 9, 2015 02:16

Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu

Incorrect.

Nope. 3 years is not way before.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: July 9, 2015 03:33

GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu

Incorrect.

For a first hand account of when and how Brown Sugar was written and recorded, listen to Jim Dickinson. He was there. IMHO those were the most magical three nights in rock & roll recording history. Enjoy!

Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2gZyTNKikc
Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8X2Dtkuaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 03:39 by 1969Fan.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:06

So were the Muscle Shoals songs "flown in", that is, added later to the movie soundtrack? The reason I ask is because they display studio quality stereo.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:27

riffcliche69
So were the Muscle Shoals songs "flown in", that is, added later to the movie soundtrack? The reason I ask is because they display studio quality stereo.

Er ... The Muscle Shoals studio is a studio, so when they recorded there
the results were studio-quality recordings. What is it that you're asking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 10:29 by with sssoul.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:14

The film crew were using portable mikes to record the Rolling Stones. Had they recorded a tape playback the sound quality would have been "off-line" or "monster mix". So, it was better for them to be able to use an excellent "in-line" quality studio recording of "Wild Horses". That's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't more specific

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:18

Seems like you've answered your own question. Good! :E

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:25

GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu

Incorrect.

"way before" is defined as more than one album before, and 1965 is 3 albums before sticky fingers, and therefore it is way before sticky fingers.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 14, 2015 11:36

The reason why I asked the question

The Rolling Stones were really ahead of the times

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: July 14, 2015 17:04

Turner68
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
Olly
GasLightStreet
mandu

Incorrect.

"way before" is defined as more than one album before, and 1965 is 3 albums before sticky fingers, and therefore it is way before sticky fingers.

Ehhh... 1965 would be OUT OF OUR HEADS, DECEMBER'S CHILDREN in the US, AFTERMATH and then BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, BEGGARS BANQUET and LET IT BLEED. So... I mean, those are way before STICKY FINGERS. 6 or 7 LPs really...

Seeing that they started Brown Sugar and Wild Horses in early December 1969 and finished Wild Horses in February (of course, Sister Morphine in way early 1969, way back in February) and finished Brown Sugar in April of 1970... and the rest of STICKY FINGERS in 1970 I suppose that they all were done way before the album came out since the album didn't come out until way into April of 1971.

I dunno. Tracks recorded for the LET IT BLEED sessions that didn't come out until 1972 on EXILE might qualify as way before the album came out.

I suppose, in general, that Waiting On A Friend and Tops and Slave and Worried About You and Start Me Up and Black Limousine and Hang Fire were done waaaaaaaaaaaay before TATTOO YOU came out. Well, maybe in steps of wayness - those 1972 tracks would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before, the 1975 tracks would be waaaaaaaaay before and the 1977 tracks would be waaaaaay before.

So, with the Stones, is 2 calendar years 'way before' regarding recordings for an album? Because they kind of did that a few times with a few songs yet alone a lot longer time with some tracks...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home