Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rough Justice kind of Mixed emotions hook
Posted by: Jagiero ()
Date: July 29, 2005 23:42

I can't help but every time i hear the gitars in the beginning of the song i have to think about mixed emotions. It's only in the beginning, just after the intro and it's just for about 10 seconds.

Re: Rough Justice kind of Mixed emotions hook
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 30, 2005 00:46

i never listen to the released version of mixed emot,,only the B. Clearmountain mix ,,the 1 were keith sings the 1st verse,,love that 1,,,,Rough J. sounds like alot of different stones songs to me ..cant pinpoint 1,,,this is a classic stones song thou,,& thats what they said about Mixed E. when it 1st came out..

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 30, 2005 04:48

>>I can't help but every time i hear the gitars in the beginning of the song i have to think about mixed emotions. It's only in the beginning, just after the intro and it's just for about 10 seconds.<<
Then you should listen to Ronnies Slide on This Live - Josephine - there you got ya 10Secs of Intro - kinda recyecled (recicled?) (I dunnow) (be my dictonarywinking smiley)

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: July 30, 2005 10:17

I know all the songs you guys mentioned but I don't hear it. When I listen to Rough Justice I am listening and thinking about that song and it reminds me of nothing in their past, at this point. Also remember with slide playing there are limitations on the phrasing YOU CAN DO based on the tempo of the song, the melody and the key. Bottom line is that Ronnie is playing some good sounding slide guitar that fits the song perfectly AND really makes the song stronger,IMO

Milo, NYC
I hear a preacher on a corner

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 30, 2005 14:14

If RJ reminds me of anything it is of the Emotional Rescue album. Don't ask me why. But I do feel that this is kind of a new feel.

Posted by: Bone Machine ()
Date: July 30, 2005 14:24

I don't think it sounds like any of those songs, but remember as with every band you will allways hear past songs in new songs...it's just natural.Every guitar player develops there own sound, and Keith has his own sound.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 30, 2005 14:33

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If RJ reminds me of anything it is of the
> Emotional Rescue album. Don't ask me why. But I do
> feel that this is kind of a new feel.

I got the same impression: the wild guitars, Charlie's drums, the shouted chorus, over all the groove is something.. like "Summer Romance". In fact, I have missed that sort of natural groove for many years!

But there are other elements also; I can recognize the "Mixed Emotions" reference, also a bits of "Hold On Your Hat" and "You Got Me Rocking", but the groove is different, not so forced as in those mentioned...

- Doxa

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 30, 2005 15:01

It does kind of have that "Steel Wheels" feel to it. At first I likened it to a cross between Mixed Emotions and All Down The Line (due to the slide parts). Upon further review it is definitely leans more to the former. Ronnie's slide work is ok...nowhere near the quality MT's on ADTL, but reminiscint none the less.

I hope the whole theing wont be a "Stones-by-numbers"-type thing like Steel Wheels. To me that album is so boring.

Ross

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: July 30, 2005 16:35

I thought the same thing the first time I heard it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home