Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jagger's solo ballad's are better than this trash...?
Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: July 29, 2005 12:12

Ok Esky your point is right from you`re view, and disappointed is a better word, when i first listen to SOL, i was disappointed too, but i listend to it for a week, and i begin to like the song, it stays in your head. If you whait for so long on a new number, and you get a ballad, most of the people would be disappointed, it`s like waiting on a hamburger, and then getting a strawberry. The strawberry isn`t bad, but the hamburger taste better ;-).
And to compare the Jagger and Richards solo stuff, they are two different persons with a different look how to make music, you see it, and you hear it.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 29, 2005 15:02

The Mick camp and the Keith camp will never see eye to eye! End of Story! IMO Mick's solo work deserves alot more credit and kudos than it gets and the fact that Keith has the balls to say mick is NOT a musician is an prime example of his own insecurity. You's NEVER hear Mick say that about Keith, EVER because it's not true for one thing and it's cruel and senseless AND CLASSLESS! Keith reveals alot about his inner self when he goes off on Mick every once in awhile, like the whole SIR MICK thing. Keith just doesn't know when to shut up and he has been the one to do damage to the band and the delicate balance between himself and Mick. Now you can be a Keith admirer but these are just the facts, not my opinion; it has been well documented.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 29, 2005 17:46

Agreed Deb.

It's funny all the Keith lovers (which I am).

But I think if Keith left the band then the Stones could still operate because Mick is a legend and could still make the band rock.
But if Mick left the band that would be the end of the Stones.....

You can talk about "soul" and the rest of all the Keith crap, but at the end of the day without Mick we would not see any Stones !!!!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 29, 2005 17:56

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She'e The Boss and Wandering Spirit are almost
> total crap. >
>

I'm assuming you meant Primitive Cool, not WS.

anyway - I'm proud to proclaim today that I HAVE SHIT IN MY HEAD. I tell ya, it beats having to listen to SOL!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 29, 2005 18:27

Very True Esky but I would hate to see Keith leave! I pick on him but I love the guy! Mick and Keith BELONG TOGETHER! If Keith left, I don't think Mick would perform under the name ROLLING STONES though.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 29, 2005 20:37

To my taste Hard Woman is not comparable to SOL. It has the soul SOL is lacking. On the other hand, every other song is better than Streets of ....

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 29, 2005 22:40

Hey, "Streets Of Love" is going to work out, on the long run; I'm not very fond on it, but I think it's a smart song.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home