Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger's solo ballad's are better than this trash...?
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:08

I know alot of people don't like Jagger's solo stuff...understandably.
But if you think this new ballad "Streets Of Love" is better than "Party Doll" or "Hard Woman" then you have rocks in your head....

Esky

Re: Jagger's solo ballad's are better than this trash...?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:15

insults aside...

i don't particularly like either of the solo ballads you mention. but, i do like Old Habits from Alfie. It's got a good hook, bridge and it has some "soul"....ingrediants all sorely lacking in SOL.

Date: July 28, 2005 18:27

agreed.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 28, 2005 19:45

HW is a great ballad!

C

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 28, 2005 19:49

yes I prefer Hard Woman too...espcially the single version.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 28, 2005 20:02

MJ solo stuff is GREAT but extremely underrated by most people in this site...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 28, 2005 20:06

I like most of Jagger's solo stuff although there are some songs on She's The Boss and Primitive Cool that make me cringe. I never liked the single version of Hard Women but I do like the album version.

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: July 28, 2005 21:04

Great jagger ballads:
Hang On To Me Tonight,Evening Gown, Angel In My Heart,
Hard Woman............
Perry

Date: July 28, 2005 21:08

Wandering Spirit was a great album. Mick's songwriting was inspired back then (hard to believe that was 12 years ago!).

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 28, 2005 21:29

Micks Solo stuff is great. like all his Albums. SOL as well.

Where is a really good K.R.-Album?

Date: July 28, 2005 21:33

Havo Wrote:
>
> Where is a really good K.R.-Album?
>

At your cd store.

His two solo albums are good - Talk is Cheap is better than Main Offender according to most fans. I would go with that.
>

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 28, 2005 21:40

ohh come on--T&a

Sure i bought this records----,but both i dont like.

Better---a mj. KR. R.W. C.W---Album---even if its called "Dirty work"

Date: July 28, 2005 23:26

I think Talk Is Cheap or Dirty Work or Main Offender are 25 times better than Primitive Cool which only has 3 or 4 songs at most worth listening to - the worst album that has anything to do with the Rolling Stones or a RS member.If you don't agree,I have to seriously question your taste in music.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 28, 2005 23:37

If you count Bill Wyman's solo albums, those are worse than anyones. I think Keith's solo stuff works much better live. Love his Hollywood Palladium show. Make No Mistake for example is a hundred times better live.

Date: July 29, 2005 00:16

I forgot about Wyman.I was only thinking of current Rolling Stones + Mick Taylor.Has anybody heard Wyman's new cd?I am guessing that it is junk.

Date: July 29, 2005 01:02

Wyman's recent spate of Rhythm Kings albums are solid...but stylistically it's clear they are not what many Stones fans would prefer.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: July 29, 2005 01:23

Jaggers solo stuff is mixed. Wandering Spirit brilliant the rest only has a few good ones Hard Woman etc. This new ballad sucks big time, hope its the worst song on the album otherwise it will be a huge disspointment.

Date: July 29, 2005 01:29

BersaGurra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This new ballad sucks big time, hope
> its the worst song on the album otherwise it will
> be a huge disspointment.

Be careful BersaGurra - you might be thrown out of the "club" for such a comment! :-)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2005 01:48

I dont know which box you exactly put it in .. but dont forget Micks blues style ballad........Blue

ROCKMAN

Date: July 29, 2005 01:50

Rockman - it's baffling how Blue could have been omitted. IMO - easily would have been THE BEST song on the album. Really makes you wonder sometimes....

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 29, 2005 01:53

With a handle like THIEF IN THE NIGHT I guess you could be considered slightly prejudiced so we should take you post with a tiny grain of salt, no offense! I DO love Mick's solo material and alot of PRIMITIVE COOL although WANDERING SPIRIT and GODDESS are better IMO. Keith's solo stuff, well, I'll be polite and say it's mediocre at best. None of it matches up with " Hard Woman", " Sweet Thing", Evening Gown", " Brand New Set of Rules", " Hide Away" " Lucky Day", and as mentioned the songs from the ALFIE soundtrack which is EXCELLENT, especially " Old Habits Die Hard". Unfortunately Mick's solo career didn't start out that great; " Let's Work" was GOD AWFUL! UGH! I hope that those fans that bought that cd gave his material a second chance because the other solo efforts are really quite good.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2005 01:55

Yeah T&A...a real hidden gem.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: July 29, 2005 03:11

Goddess In The Doorway is an awesome album. God Gave Me Everything is a tight-rocking song that really didn't get enough airplay. The whole album is really good I think. A fine example of great songwriting by one of the industry's best songwriters. I think a lot of disbelievers in Jagger's solo talent really don't have a decent argument that "Goddess" is not a fantastic album. Visions of Paradise, Gun, Joy, Too Far Gone, etc. These are awesome songs. Wish they could've been more widely known to the public. I feel like these songs will never get the justice they deserve and not a large enough audience to appreciate them.

Date: July 29, 2005 03:18

My point was that no song from Primitive Cool except Throwaway,Say You Will, or maybe Radio Control can match Keith Richards' material,even his worst songs.I don't think there's anything mediocre about Wicked As It Seems,Take It So Hard,999,Locked Away,You Don't Move Me etc..

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 29, 2005 03:40

locked away ,,more interesting than ANY jagger solo ballad...keiths solo material is Superior to jaggers ,,,, like keith said yrs ago ,,jagger is not a musician..

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 29, 2005 04:17

T&A,

i couldn't agree more. 'blue' is such a great track. ironically, the lyrics seem to be a rejection of the blues ... jagger saying that blue is not his color, etc.. but it blows away everything on GITD, except IMO for 'joy.' why 'blue' was not included is a mystery...

drew

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 29, 2005 08:29

Esky says

"But if you think this new ballad "Streets Of Love" is better than "Party Doll" or "Hard Woman" then you have rocks in your head...."

PD and HW are nice in fact. But if you think "Streets Of Love" is trash then you have shit in your head....

Date: July 29, 2005 08:43

I must have shit in my head then.

SOL = trash !

Sorry if you disagree....it's my opinion so tough!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: July 29, 2005 09:22

She'e The Boss and Wandering Spirit are almost total crap. Lousy songs, terrible production. Souless. Wandering Spirit had some good songs on it (they would have been better with the Stones) and Goddess In The Doorway was a complete BOMB...sold 2500 copies in the first week and went straight to the bargain bin at your local music store. People say Mick like to incorporate the latest trend into his solo stuff or the Stones for a "contemporary" sound. The truth of the matter is that the last time he nailed a trend was with 'Miss You'. His inspiration for the songs he did on Bridges were inspired by Beck's Odelay album which was huge in 1995 but by 1997 the fade had past and Mick was behind the times, although I do like "juiced" cause it's just so screwy

Talk Is Cheap got great reviews when it came out and finally the curtain was pulled back to show who really defined and is the keeper of the Stones sound.

Milo, NYC
Make no mistake about it

Date: July 29, 2005 09:58

the point I make with my post "Jagger's solo ballads are better than SOL..." is exactly that - Jagger's crappy work as a solo artist is better than what the Stones have released with this song.

I might have gone over the top with the word "trash" but I'm disappointed with the band's effort on this tune.

I'm not surprised with the effort however.....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home