Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Gimme Shelter: Lady Gaga vs Lisa Fischer
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 22, 2015 03:46

I was at the show when gaga sang. i couldnt stop laughing. She was so over the top it was funny.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 22, 2015 08:15

SackofBrokenEggs
You're a great writer, swiss.

Thank you, SackofBrokenEggs - also, thanks Mr DDDD and mitchrambler! smiling smiley

Naturalust
swiss
And, of course, I muse on how much of that ability and desire to channel dark intensity and mood shifted after the 1969 tour...

-swiss

You're welcome swiss, thank you for getting me thinking with your thought provoking post(s).

Your point I quoted here is really good. No doubt in my mind the Stones seriousness about projecting such sentiments too accurately was toned down a bit after Altamont. I too think it was intentional and probably wise at the time. Although the cat was out of the bag, so to speak, as soon as they committed those songs to tape and I'm not sure how effective they could be in quelling the darkness because people who have heard the recordings have already made their associations. I guess smiling while singing Rape Murder and War is one way. winking smiley
peace

NL
Indeed - great points (and wrly funny!)
-swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 08:17 by swiss.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 22, 2015 09:43

Lisa...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 22, 2015 09:55

Lisa .....XFX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:00

Of the new gals I really like Florence Welch at the 02. Feisty and got Mick on his backfoot.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:49

by chance i was watching to some gimme shelter live video 2 days ago. lisa, grace potter, lady gaga, fergie etc etc .... i have to admit that i like a lot lady gaga version, and i think mick too was very happy at the end of her performance. she really looked different, her look at the beginning "disturbed "me but i think it was made on purpose. and great voice, with personality. i love lisa but in the last years i think she screams too much

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:36

Either the gaga video is out of sync or she is lip syncing parts of it.

Regardless, I think the chemistry between Mick and Lisa shows the most and seems most natural.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:00

no contest its Lisa by a long stretch. lisa is indispensable in my opinion. not just in shelter but through so many songs. Bernard also, the way he meshes with Mick must be so difficult. Mick is not easy to follow lol. keith even more so i would imagine. they do a great job, plus Hey we all love Lisa by now. i did however think that it was refreshing to see Florence Welch give Jagger a run for his money

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:38

LF

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home