Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Zero Goats Head Soup this tour
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2015 23:56

honestly i'd be fine if they didn't play anything released after 1972. as much as i like some girls and tattoo you, i'm willing to draw a line in the sand at 1972.

GHS was the start of the stones pretending to be the stones rather than the stones being themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-05 23:57 by Turner68.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:03

mtaylor
GasLightStreet
They need to do Tie You Up from UNDERCOVER. All The Way Down would be good too. UOTN is great on the album but poor live.

Good thing they're not doing anything from GHS. After all, they're barely playing anything from this big hyped reissued album. As figured by everyone here, they did the one show playing all the tracks and then went back to the safety net of playing mostly war horses and just 3 SF songs.

If possible, I would have liked Keith playing piano and singing on "Coming down Again", just for the one moment.....

That would be my wish too, but hasn't he said that the song is too sad and personal for him to bring to the stage?

Date: June 6, 2015 00:07

latebloomer
mtaylor
GasLightStreet
They need to do Tie You Up from UNDERCOVER. All The Way Down would be good too. UOTN is great on the album but poor live.

Good thing they're not doing anything from GHS. After all, they're barely playing anything from this big hyped reissued album. As figured by everyone here, they did the one show playing all the tracks and then went back to the safety net of playing mostly war horses and just 3 SF songs.

If possible, I would have liked Keith playing piano and singing on "Coming down Again", just for the one moment.....

That would be my wish too, but hasn't he said that the song is too sad and personal for him to bring to the stage?

i love that song and hadn't heard him say that about it. i'd love a link to an interview or reference. not that i doubt you, i'd just love to read what else he said. i think anyone who's dealt with addiction or addicts can relate to that song.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:09

Turner68
honestly i'd be fine if they didn't play anything released after 1972. as much as i like some girls and tattoo you, i'm willing to draw a line in the sand at 1972.

GHS was the start of the stones pretending to be the stones rather than the stones being themselves.

So they were themselves playing Gomper in 1967...grinning smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 00:13

RipThisBone
Turner68

So they were themselves playing Gomper in 1967...grinning smiley

:-) Lol. I don't think anyone was themselves in 1967.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:18

Turner68
latebloomer
mtaylor
GasLightStreet

i love that song and hadn't heard him say that about it. i'd love a link to an interview or reference. not that i doubt you, i'd just love to read what else he said. i think anyone who's dealt with addiction or addicts can relate to that song.
Never heard KR saying it was too said

Date: June 6, 2015 00:21

mtaylor
Turner68
latebloomer
mtaylor
GasLightStreet

Never heard KR saying it was too said

I posed it as a question because I'm not at all sure about it. I only seem to recall that something along those lines were said by him. It might even have been idle speculation here on IORR. But, I'll do a little search and see what I come up with.

Date: June 6, 2015 00:30

From Cocaine Eyes, so I suppose you can ask her about it, but I don't know that you'll get an answer:

Keith has said the song is far too close to his heart/life to share with an audience. ( Sorry, I have no link ).

CE

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 6, 2015 00:31

GHS is not given much play live actually.

Here are the most recent performances of each song:

Dancing With Mr. D - Berlin, October 19, 1973
100 Years Ago - Mannheim, September 1, 1973
Coming Down Again - Never performed in concert
Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) - Belgrade, July 14, 2007
Angie - Stockholm, July 1, 2014
Silver Train - Brisbane, November 18, 2014
Hide Your Love - Never performed in concert
Winter - Never performed in concert
Can You Hear The Music - Never performed in concert
Star Star - London, August 24, 2003

Realistically we can expect them to maybe play Angie - but I think the ballad spot is reserved for a SF tune through the whole tour. If we're really lucky they might play Heartbreaker on this tour, but they probably won't.
Hopefully they will not give Silver Train another try this year, it was way too pedestrian last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 00:55 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: June 6, 2015 00:37

latebloomer
From Cocaine Eyes, so I suppose you can ask her about it, but I don't know that you'll get an answer:

Keith has said the song is far too close to his heart/life to share with an audience. ( Sorry, I have no link ).

CE

[www.iorr.org]

thank you latebloomer.

Date: June 6, 2015 00:53

Turner68
latebloomer

CE

[www.iorr.org]

thank you latebloomer.

Your quite welcome, Turner. Maybe CE will tell us more about what she knows, or better yet, maybe Keith is far enough away from the heartache from which he wrote the song give it a go on stage. It would be amazing to see and hear that beautiful tune live.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home