Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Billboard July 16th issue
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 24, 2005 03:45

B magazine (didnt see it in their internt digest) has what looks like a pretty comprehensive article on the online ticket scalpers/"brokers", how fans are getting burned & frustrated, w/ the Stones highlighted as hot ticket, along with U2 & McCarney as the most in demand tickets this year. I've only read about a quarter of it so far, but as it quotes Ticketmaster prez/CEO: "55 % of Ticketmaster sales are online," (that's all? I guess that include lots of smaller shows by 2nd & 3rd tier artists) "up from the SINGLE digits in 1998..." the euphemism for these 'brokers' is "secondary ticket marketing". Also discussed is the increasingly common practice of "holding back 10% - 40% of a given venue's tickets for shows. These 'holds' serve such constituencies as the bands and their management, sponsors, promoters, radio stations, suite holders, sports tenants, record labels, and [my emphasis] FAN CLUBS...'A lot of [one broker's] tickets are coming from those holds, and from corporate sponsors.'" thats a online broker quoted. Others disagree. Like I said, have to read the whole piece. Check this article out! Also, in the same issue, album sales this year are down 7.6 %

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home