Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about weather/Columbus?
Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:31

I saw them at Giants Stadium in 1994 in a driving rain and it was a fantastic show.

Some guy in a plastic bag somehow got on stage and danced with Keith for a few seconds before security tackled him. At one point Keith looked up to the sky and yelled "Is that all you got?" (I think he borrowed the line from Forest Gump).

The band seemed very appreciative of the crowds enthusiasm despite the rain and seemed to take it up a notch. As long as the lighting holds off and it isn't cold, shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:53

GS1978
I saw them at Giants Stadium in 1994 in a driving rain and it was a fantastic show.

Some guy in a plastic bag somehow got on stage and danced with Keith for a few seconds before security tackled him. At one point Keith looked up to the sky and yelled "Is that all you got?" (I think he borrowed the line from Forest Gump).

The band seemed very appreciative of the crowds enthusiasm despite the rain and seemed to take it up a notch. As long as the lighting holds off and it isn't cold, shouldn't be a problem.

That was the fourth of the four show run. I saw the first three and was underwhelmed (although the first ever internet glimmer gathering was in the parking lot before show one). People I know went to the fourth show in the rain and said it was fantastic. I saw the show in Philadelphia in blinding rain a few weeks later and I understood. In those days, they noticeably kicked things into high gear to make up for the weather, it seems. The Philadelphia show was incendiary and, like i said, i didn't really care for the tour until then.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:29

For shows in the rain, no-one present at the Malieveld in Den Haag,NL on the BtB tour will ever forget it. 2 songs in and it poured down the whole show. The whole band (apart from Charlie who had his little canopy) + 86,000 fans got a thorough soaking. I have met many Dutch fans in the 17 years since that day who said they were there. Being a field, it turned into a mudbath very quickly and there were huge plastic sheets being dragged across the crowd for shelter.

But the band played on and STILL delivered an excellent performance, giving us all a great time smileys with beer

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 02:05 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:49

weather forecast on weather.com just improved. calling for less wind, only 60% chance of rain for evening, down from 80%

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2015 05:49

Turner68
is 1 very concerned and 10 not very, or vice versa?

Yes, as I've selected "1" I need to know whether I give a sh*t or not!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home