Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Fonda Theatre recorded in 4K resolution
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 24, 2015 17:33

Irix
StonedRambler

I have written a draft, please correct my mistakes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

At least 3 corrections:

Dear Paul Dugdale,

We wish for the new film of the Sticky Fingers show that the theatre atmosphere doesn’t get lost ... [cut out 'too much']

Oh haha okay the "dead" wasn't intended hot smiley
I corrected those 3 things.
Thank you!
Anything else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 17:36 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 17:34

Irix
with sssoul

I wanted to give Mr Dugdale a link to this thread, but his contact form doesn't allow links (which is also unfortunate because he specifically asks us to include email addresses, then the form disallows them.)

His eMail-address is: paul@dugdale.tv

I think the message to Paul Dugdale could be quite simple: RS should release the Fonda-Theatre-Show as soon as possible and P. Dugdale should preserve the magic of that night as much as possible in the Video.

What makes you think this is the correct production company?

Date: May 24, 2015 17:37

roller99
Irix
with sssoul

I wanted to give Mr Dugdale a link to this thread, but his contact form doesn't allow links (which is also unfortunate because he specifically asks us to include email addresses, then the form disallows them.)

His eMail-address is: paul@dugdale.tv

I think the message to Paul Dugdale could be quite simple: RS should release the Fonda-Theatre-Show as soon as possible and P. Dugdale should preserve the magic of that night as much as possible in the Video.

[dugdale.tv]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2015 17:45

roller99

This one ?

[dugdaleblog.com]

Another possibility would be (like at 'Sweet Summer Sun' and the SF-Interviews):

Julie Jakobek
Managing Director & Executive Producer of JA Digital

[www.jadigital.tv]

stickyfingers@jadigital.tv

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 18:00 by Irix.

Date: May 24, 2015 18:20

StonedRambler

Anything else?

Maybe you could send also a carbon copy of (y)our message to: jj@jadigital.tv and/or: stickyfingers@jadigital.tv with a picture from here as a petition to them ....

[www.iorr.org] · [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 10:40 by Irix.

Date: May 24, 2015 18:43

Irix
roller99

This one ?

[dugdaleblog.com]

Another possibility would be (like at 'Sweet Summer Sun' and the SF-Interviews):

Julie Jakobek
Managing Director & Executive Producer of JA Digital

[www.jadigital.tv]

stickyfingers@jadigital.tv

This one?

Date: May 24, 2015 18:51

Okay I'm going to send the mail directly to Dugdale.
@Irix
that pic would be great but I guess I can't do that in the name of all those members on the picture, because most haven't said anything to that topic.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 24, 2015 19:13

Best of luck in reaching out to him. As a fellow producer I have to remind you how difficult the job is. He may prefer longer cuts and slower pans but if Mick wants everything to be high energy, the editor has to deliver.

I disagreed with almost every review of Sweet Summer Sun. Completely honest.. I think the film is terrible. Charlie is inconsistent, Keith is not on his A game (he was great at many other shows, just not Hyde Park 1&2). The editing makes the film unwatchable. Completely unwatchable. Some of the most beautiful and well-shot footage of the Stones, edited in a way where you can't enjoy any of that cinematography.

In comparison I believe Glastonbury is the definitive late Stones concert film. Amazing audience, surprisingly hot performance, electric vibe.. Simply awesome. I'll definitely watch it again.

All that being said, if the sound is good then I can't wait to hear it. I am not holding my breath. Ever since 2005 Charlie's snare has sounded like a ringy high tom, bass is mixed way too loud in the mix and guitars are low and thin.

One last note.. Remember than an editor can only work with what he was provided. Darryl holds down the fort, Charlie looks bored much of the time due to his laid back attitude, Keith is not the super active rhythm player of years past.. That leaves Mick and Ronnie to be the ones who are really active. How do you compensate? Usually through camera movements and pacing.

In short, it is easy to critique, we all do it every day, but if Mick wants frenetic editing then that's what he'll get. If the guy edits it like LSTNT, Mick would probably have him fired.

Tough gig.

Date: May 24, 2015 19:15

StonedRambler

Okay I'm going to send the mail directly to Dugdale.

Send the mail just in case also to jj@jadigital.tv and/or stickyfingers@jadigital.tv as we don't know who is really in charge for the production (beside the Stones) ....

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 24, 2015 20:55

The problem with SSS is that it's not a concert film, it's a documentary about a concert that was basically comparing it to their show there in '69, to me it is almost completely forgettable, watched it once and gave it away! I remember during Ruby Tuesday the camera was showing shots of grass...WTF?smiling smiley

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: May 24, 2015 21:14

flacnvinyl
Best of luck in reaching out to him. As a fellow producer I have to remind you how difficult the job is. He may prefer longer cuts and slower pans but if Mick wants everything to be high energy, the editor has to deliver.

I disagreed with almost every review of Sweet Summer Sun. Completely honest.. I think the film is terrible. Charlie is inconsistent, Keith is not on his A game (he was great at many other shows, just not Hyde Park 1&2). The editing makes the film unwatchable. Completely unwatchable. Some of the most beautiful and well-shot footage of the Stones, edited in a way where you can't enjoy any of that cinematography.

In comparison I believe Glastonbury is the definitive late Stones concert film. Amazing audience, surprisingly hot performance, electric vibe.. Simply awesome. I'll definitely watch it again.

All that being said, if the sound is good then I can't wait to hear it. I am not holding my breath. Ever since 2005 Charlie's snare has sounded like a ringy high tom, bass is mixed way too loud in the mix and guitars are low and thin.

One last note.. Remember than an editor can only work with what he was provided. Darryl holds down the fort, Charlie looks bored much of the time due to his laid back attitude, Keith is not the super active rhythm player of years past.. That leaves Mick and Ronnie to be the ones who are really active. How do you compensate? Usually through camera movements and pacing.

In short, it is easy to critique, we all do it every day, but if Mick wants frenetic editing then that's what he'll get. If the guy edits it like LSTNT, Mick would probably have him fired.

Tough gig.

I agree, Glastonbury is a fantastic performance and fantastic filming, a joy to watch and listen

Date: May 24, 2015 21:24

Okay I sended the email to Dugdale and to jadigital.

I personally love Sweet Summer Sun, just because the playing is so great and because it's the only DVD that shows the post-2012 Stones.
The setlist is great, a perfect mix between warhorses and songs they don't play at every concert (emotional rescue, ruby tuesday).
So the Stones are awesome on that DVD, what I don't like is the production.
First the editing and secondly:
WHAT THE HELL is the sence cutting Emotional Rescue and Paint It Black out to make a "Bonus Track" of it?

I don't like Glasonbury because the mixing and the overall soundquality isn't very good. On Jumpin' the E-Piano is louder than anything else. Also Mick sings as if he wants to protect his voice (I guess because Hyde Park was the next gig). Everything else is great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 21:29 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 24, 2015 21:35

kishorcsog
flacnvinyl

Tough gig.

I agree, Glastonbury is a fantastic performance and fantastic filming, a joy to watch and listen

No, the Glastonbury concert is the most inconsistent Stones concert I've ever seen. While Jumping Jack Flash, Gimme Shelter and Wild Horses is very good, Tumbling Dice and Start Me Up has never sounded worse than they did at Glastonbury. Mick even sings slightly off key throughout Tumbling Dice... sad smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 24, 2015 22:50

you are completely right about the sound mix being terrible at the beginning and Jaggers inconsistent vocal performance. 2000 light years from home was a phenomenal track aside from Jaggers difficult first verse and Chuck terrible choice of keyboard tone. aside from those two things I still think Glastonbury is a far more fun performance and far more memorable than Hyde Park. Just my two cents.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 24, 2015 22:54

One of the best things about Glastonbury is that it was a live feed and in consequence hasn't been doctored in any way. The BBC people did an awesome job at filming and the excitement is palpable.
None of that can be said about Sweet Summer Sun.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 24, 2015 23:02

StonedRambler
Okay I sended the email to Dugdale and to jadi

thumbs upwell done, thank you!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: May 24, 2015 23:09

Nikkei
One of the best things about Glastonbury is that it was a live feed and in consequence hasn't been doctored in any way. The BBC people did an awesome job at filming and the excitement is palpable.
None of that can be said about Sweet Summer Sun.

Yes, you can feel whats happening on stage and in the audience, that's why i love it, Sweet Summer Sun is somehow distant although i have been there, sadly not in G'bury. Hats off to BBC

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 24, 2015 23:10

flacnvinyl
you are completely right about the sound mix being terrible at the beginning and Jaggers inconsistent vocal performance. 2000 light years from home was a phenomenal track aside from Jaggers difficult first verse and Chuck terrible choice of keyboard tone. aside from those two things I still think Glastonbury is a far more fun performance and far more memorable than Hyde Park. Just my two cents.

Glastonbury is without any doubt more memorable than Hyde Park.
But I still think the band were running on fumes when they came to England after the US tour in 2013. A complete concert film from the US-tour would have been nice , I didn't even bother to buy the Hyde Park release. The last concert of the US-tour had on the other hand been worth purchasing.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 25, 2015 02:37

To StonedRambler,
I was gone all day and just got back to my computer to check this thread. I'm sorry I wasn't around to correct your English, but from what I see, your thoughtful critique is now perfect after employing the changes suggested by Irix. Thank you so much for writing & sending your piece to Dugdale. I think it's very well-written and hits upon all the points of concern tactfully. Kudos!! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: May 25, 2015 04:43

onlystones
Does this mean I have to go out and buy a new screen or screens to see this if in fact it gets released?

Probably not to just see it but,to see it in its full 4k UltraHD resolution,yes.

The package will likely include a 4k UltraHD Blu-ray Disc (which would also require a new disc player) but,it almost difinitely would also include a regular HD Blu-ray Disc ..... and probably a DVD as well ..... also probable are non-physical download / streaming copies.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 25, 2015 14:13

Can we have a full performance released on DVD for once?!
If 1 or 2 Sticky Fingers tracks end up being edited out,this'll be me!

Date: May 25, 2015 18:31

That's all he answered...

I hope at least he read the whole mail confused smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:34

StonedRambler

Translation : bugger off! You're a mere mortal, me i'm in the inner sanctum of the band!

Date: May 25, 2015 22:12

dcba
StonedRambler

Translation : bugger off! You're a mere mortal, me i'm in the inner sanctum of the band!
Haha yes that's what he probably wants to say with that

Date: May 25, 2015 22:16

Well, the good news is that they did not put the fan testimonial on the vid screen last night in SD, so that can only mean they are releasing a SF DVD with the Fonda on it.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:29

ABC7 Fonda Theater News Report Link

ABC7 got it right when the summed-up the scene at the Fonda Theater (May 20th).

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:10

roller99
Well, the good news is that they did not put the fan testimonial on the vid screen last night in SD, so that can only mean they are releasing a SF DVD with the Fonda on it.

they said quite clearly that the fan testimonials were for a DVD. so, yes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:11

Turner68
roller99

they said quite clearly that the fan testimonials were for a DVD. so, yes.

This is going to be a very good release.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:39

I can't wait for this come out.. this disc will get worn out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 04:44 by Leonioid.

Date: May 26, 2015 04:56

Glad I purchased a new router and modem today- I think at some point 4k streaming will be very common; this is a good sign that they would move to 4k

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home