Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tell me which Stones album to get next
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 17, 2015 20:08

Aftermath every time

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 17, 2015 20:12

just go wherever your inspiration takes you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 01:24 by ryanpow.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 17, 2015 20:17

Their Satanic Majesties Request,

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 18, 2015 09:30

You gotta get Everything on Decca...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 18, 2015 17:35

Well, you can perfectly live happily ever after listening to the Stones albums you already have without missing much from the list you mentioned, but you could buy "Their Satanic Majesties Request", just to have a laugh. 50% is rather good, the other 50% is completely ridiculous.
Then you can buy "Emotional Rescue" and "Undercover", because there is some good stuff on it, but also some very bad. (Or you can just download the good songs somewhere and make a "Best of CD"). 12x5 and December's Children are not the best albums from their early period, so chances are, you'd never listen to them anyway and listen to "Out of Our Heads" or their debut album instead.
The other albums you mention..., I wouldn't buy them. Or check out YouTube and see if there's anything on them you like. From the later Stones, personally I like Bridges to Babylon the best, but only for 3 songs on it.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:07

I'm not the most influential member of the IORR blog, thus not sure if my suggestion counts for much. But from the list you provided and the idea you never listened to it, I'd go with 'Their Satanic Majesties Request.'

It is one that is routinely considered a lesser album for the Stones and perhaps should've been shelved or never recorded in first place...but I still like it. It is period piece, much like 'Between the Buttons' is for mid-1966 and 'Beggars Banquet' for 1968. Also, it is interesting to listen to the Stones response (or artistic statement) to the 'summer of love'/1967.

Also, the others are either compilations, non-classics, or basically a duplicate of a previous album (12 x 5...there's no distinction between it and the ones before and after its release).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 18:08 by nightskyman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home