Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones sightings in Toronto
Posted by: keef33 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 21:19

I work at a restaraunt in Yorkville, and on Monday was really busy, and I wasnt even looking where I was running, when I almost ran over a thin silver haired gentelman. So i looked again and it was Charlie, just standing there by himself. I said hello and he said hello and went on his way. It was unreal, I went to the kitchen to tell everybody, but by that poin t he was gone. 2 guys in the kitchen found him a couple of minutes later and asked him to come back to the restaraunt so that "one of the biggest stones fans could have a photo with him" They told me that they probably scared the shit out of him and he might come back if he had time. At this point I needed a smoke so i went outside, when i came back I saw Charlie look inside and he just kept walking. I see him again and get a photo this time

Re: Stones sightings in Toronto
Posted by: keef33 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 21:24

I later talked to people that worked in the store that he did some shopping in and they all said that he was the nicest person in the world, so polite. It was just amazing to see him walking completely alone, shaking hands with people. I cant wait to see him again.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 14, 2005 21:27

whatever happened to the glory days of pissing on gas stations?

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 14, 2005 22:57

He grew up...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 14, 2005 23:31

...a shame

incidentally, rs.com has been updated with a breif, unenlightening announcement that the tour rehearsals in TO have commenced...

Posted by: joyride ()
Date: July 16, 2005 17:50

Hey Keef33 what restaurant are you working at?
I come to Toronto fairly often and when the Stones are in town I often walk down Yorkville and Cumberland hoping to bump into one of them. I know that Charlie always stays at the Four Seasons while the others tend to rent large homes.

My dad used to work on Yorkville back in the 70s and he met Elton John and Chuck Berry in the Four Seasons back then. Its a regular hotspot for musicians apparently.

Cheers

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: July 16, 2005 18:47

Oh Charlie, do behave......!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2008
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home