Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Quebec City QC Canada Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:53

Wel, that is what is seems to me as well ! Thanks cool smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 31, 2015 18:56

bigpond

And here's all the info on Le Festival.

[www.infofestival.com]

Enjoy!

Date: March 31, 2015 18:58

Cocaine Eyes
bigpond

And here's all the info on Le Festival.

[www.infofestival.com]

Enjoy!

Thanks. Have booked Hilton awhile back, so all should be fine once tickets are in hand ! Thanks !!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:01

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of flying over from the UK for this show (and Detroit and Buffalo if I can get good tickets). I've been searching online to find some info on the 'front of stage passes'. The official site gives the following map:

I found a site selling passes for last year's festival (?), and they had some aerial pics of the main stage. The section under the orange arrow is the 'Zone avant-scène'.

Pulling back a bit, you can see how big the site is:

So, I guess the $88 pass gets you general admission, and the $550 pass gets you into that smaller area at the front on Ronnie's side. I'd like to find out what capacity the 'Zone avant-scène' is (the entire site is supposedly about 100,000). I'd also like to know how quickly the front of stage passes sell out, if anyone local has any previous experience.

I haven't found anything about the VIP section yet.

Hope this is useful to someone!

syrel

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:57

Just got a very cheap hotel room at a 10 minute walking distance from the concert site, just in case I'll be too tired to drive back to Montreal after the show.

So am I right in assuming that even the cheap festival ticket holders will get a chance to be FOS similar to what was done at Hyde Park?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:30

So... There are no specific event tix for the Stones, you buy a pass for the whole festival? [Scratching head.]

Date: April 1, 2015 00:45

SomeTorontoGirl
So... There are no specific event tix for the Stones, you buy a pass for the whole festival? [Scratching head.]

I won't complain at $88 CAD (which is probably something like USD $9.99 now) even though I'll go only for that one day.

Date: April 1, 2015 01:22

Not to further befuddle matters, but there is mention on the Festival site of presale of festival passes April 9 at noon. It seems this will not apply to Stones (may apply to passes to entire festival ??) but not sure

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:38

syrel

Unless you are within viewing range it looks like a total waste of money. Can you imagine spending hundreds of dollars only to be stuck in the back or even on the backside watching a video screen. What if you have to take a leak? Just piss on the people in front of you. I'd rather be in a stadium where I know where I'll be. Even then, views can be terrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 06:39 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:04

SomeTorontoGirl

It doesn't look that way to me (but I'm just guessing, there's not a lot of info around). The Stones are happening right in the middle of the festival, there will be headliners of similar stature (no jokes please) throughout the week, and other bands playing during the day. I don't see how they will create a different setup just for the Stones. This is the same kind of thing as Glastonbury was - one ticket gets you in for everything.

The Sicilian

Unless you are within viewing range it looks like a total waste of money. Can you imagine spending hundreds of dollars only to be stuck in the back or even on the backside watching a video screen. What if you have to take a leak? Just piss on the people in front of you. I'd rather be in a stadium where I know where I'll be. Even then, views can be terrible.

Yes and no. Tickets are cheap ($88), and you do have a chance to get to FOS. But that's too many people for me. I'm mulling over whether the vip pass ($550) is worth it - it depends on how many people fit in the zone avant scene at the front. If it's more than 8,000 or so, forget it.

Just my usual proviso - I have no background/inside information, just trying to piece together what I could find on the web.

syrel

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:03

I just read that the Stones will be using the festival stage and not their own, they will be adding the ramp that goes out into the crowd and they are talking about adding a video screen (probably behind the band as there are screens on each side of the stage already).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 14:04 by harleybla.

Date: April 1, 2015 18:48

I'm surprised there isn't more activity on this QC thread. After all it looks like this could potentially be the last North American show for now. - well, they will probably do some limited NY shows later that are unattainable for mere mortals!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 20:00

Probably hard for regular folks to think that far ahead. Yesterday, there were 321 available places on AirBnB under $75. Amazing choices in a beautiful city. It's hard to think they will be available in a month or 2. BTW, I have an AirBnB coupon if any FIRST-TIME AirBnB users want to save $25 - dgoodman11 (I think I get some credit as well).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 20:02 by DeanGoodman.

Date: April 2, 2015 00:56

ohotos
I'm surprised there isn't more activity on this QC thread. After all it looks like this could potentially be the last North American show for now. - well, they will probably do some limited NY shows later that are unattainable for mere mortals!
I think it will gain momentum shortly.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2015 05:13

Anyone have any information on pre-sales??

Looks like one is happening on the 8th, but not sure how to get in on.

There is a become a member option, someone was saying... and I'd be curious how many general admission tickets they sell... if they even could sell out on a presale..

Date: April 2, 2015 13:52

MisterDDDD
Anyone have any information on pre-sales??

Looks like one is happening on the 8th, but not sure how to get in on.

There is a become a member option, someone was saying... and I'd be curious how many general admission tickets they sell... if they even could sell out on a presale..

The festival organizers replied to my question about this on their Facebook page, the presale on April 8th is open to everyone.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 2, 2015 15:22

Date: April 2, 2015 21:30

Have emailed festival organizers as well. They confirm that a festival pass is all that is required. Line-up of performers for the month will be announced April 8. Pre-sale begins noon April 9 for $78 and regular sale goes April 11 at noon for $88. You can but your tickets on their website or toll free 1.855.800.3347.

Date: April 2, 2015 21:39

There is also an additional pre-sale for Desjardins Bank card holders on the 7th.

I don't believe its feasible to get one at this late date in the US.. but if someone finds differently... I believe the pre-sales are just for GA but not certain...

Spoke to box office, but forgot to ask...

Date: April 2, 2015 22:14

bv
Same day I got the Quebec date I booked my hotel there. Just can't wait to get to Quebec. It is a beautiful city and I am ready for the Stones in Quebec.

Same day you relayed Quebec info I booked Hotel. Can.Not.Wait.

Thank you very kindly Sir, and hope to meet up at one of the locations this tour.
Owe you at least a cup of coffee or a beer.. winking smiley

Date: April 2, 2015 22:29

MisterDDDD
bv
Same day I got the Quebec date I booked my hotel there. Just can't wait to get to Quebec. It is a beautiful city and I am ready for the Stones in Quebec.

Same day you relayed Quebec info I booked Hotel. Can.Not.Wait.

Thank you very kindly Sir, and hope to meet up at one of the locations this tour.
Owe you at least a cup of coffee or a beer.. winking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:20

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl

It doesn't look that way to me (but I'm just guessing, there's not a lot of info around). The Stones are happening right in the middle of the festival, there will be headliners of similar stature (no jokes please) throughout the week, and other bands playing during the day. I don't see how they will create a different setup just for the Stones. This is the same kind of thing as Glastonbury was - one ticket gets you in for everything.

The Sicilian

Yes and no. Tickets are cheap ($88), and you do have a chance to get to FOS. But that's too many people for me. I'm mulling over whether the vip pass ($550) is worth it - it depends on how many people fit in the zone avant scene at the front. If it's more than 8,000 or so, forget it.

Just my usual proviso - I have no background/inside information, just trying to piece together what I could find on the web.

syrel

Indeed it does seem the $78 or $88 pass gets you in to ALL shows at EVERY venue. Including The Stones. Other acts could include The Foo Fighters and ZZTop. That's 11 days/nights of shows! No wonder this attracts over 150 000 people!

As for the number of 'zone' tickets, based on the photo/map, as well tix for the 'zone' at AD/DC says 15 000, and it looks twice the size, so I would estimate 7500.

[www.infofestival.com]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 3, 2015 21:59

Date: April 5, 2015 16:37

Thanks for map, Erik.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 5, 2015 17:02

The Sicilian
syrel

Exactly what Downsview SARSTOCK show was like...I don't know if I want to go through that again. Still...I'm somewhat considering a VIA Rail trip from Toronto to take out the tiring agony of driving there and back...

Date: April 5, 2015 23:26

palerider22
Exactly what Downsview SARSTOCK show was like...I don't know if I want to go through that again. Still...I'm somewhat considering a VIA Rail trip from Toronto to take out the tiring agony of driving there and back...

THAT's exactly what I was trying to say. Also, you no doubt walked for miles at SARS concert, right? Well, think about doing that all over again UPHILL to the Plains of Abraham!

Good luck if you decide to go. VIA Rail is a good idea.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:45

Getting there by rail is the only way I can think of to relieve the pain of the journey. I know the day is going to be exhausting. You'll be hot(if not wet), thirsty, hungry, uncomfortable...you'll be on your feet all day and night. Drinking will knock you out, greasy food will make you queasy. It's more like a stress test for people in my age group than a concert...I don't know how much you'd see or hear....I think I just talked myself out of it...If only there was something new like MT with the band. It's much better going to an arena show...

Date: April 6, 2015 17:25

palerider22
Getting there by rail is the only way I can think of to relieve the pain of the journey. I know the day is going to be exhausting. You'll be hot(if not wet), thirsty, hungry, uncomfortable...you'll be on your feet all day and night. Drinking will knock you out, greasy food will make you queasy. It's more like a stress test for people in my age group than a concert...I don't know how much you'd see or hear....I think I just talked myself out of it...If only there was something new like MT with the band. It's much better going to an arena show...

And to add insult to injury - how many songs will the Stones do? How many did they do at SARS? Maybe 10? I forget. I highly doubt they'll do a full concert setlist.

For a festival thing like this, one has to be really certain you're willing to put up with many hassles.

Bonne chance.....smoking smiley

ETA:

Just looked up the info from SARS - the Stones were on stage for 90 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 17:30 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: April 6, 2015 22:46

Much like McCartney's and others appearances, I expect this will be a full set.

I also expect it to be a bit of a hassle for a few reasons, but primarily the crowd. I have a bit of a plan that will mitigate the hassle as much as possible, but don't expect this gem of a show, their last in North America on this tour, to be easy.

Nothing worth it ever is, and man is this going to be worth it.
Despite the hassle(s). winking smiley

On se voit là-bas!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 7, 2015 03:56

It's a wonderful site for a concert, a natural bowl, in a beautiful city. Was there a few years ago for Macca, my third visit to the city. Quebec is the oldest walled city in North America and a wonderful place to walk and wander - highly recommend and looking forward to going back!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2115
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home