Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:17

YOU HAD TO QUOTE THAT POST TO MAKE YOUR STATEMENT?

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:33

I didn't feel like going thru all of them. But I COULD if you WANT ME TO!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:20

BroomWagon
I listened to the hour long iheart broadcast on the Rolling Stones introducing their tour, it had a number of live performances.

[www.kbgo.com] (randomly found this website, it's the same show I heard on the radio).

The show, ICONS.

Oh, beaten to it as usual by a few posts above, Oh well, at least I heard it.

More: [news.radio-online.com]

So no additional details were given on the tour in that one hour broadcast? Were there extra "interviews" ? If yes no questions about Taylor I take it ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 09:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:27

Not to be nit picky over the tour name, but in Canada we have postal codes, not zip codes! smiling smiley All will be forgiven if they announce a 15 city fall tour and come to Vancouver!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:43

Flacnvinyl
No source, just my "description" of the "tour announcement".

I'm sorry Flacnvinyl and Naturalust but you're actually deceiving people if you use quotation marks like that. That is not the proper way to use them.

Date: April 1, 2015 11:13

Recieved a mail from Rolling Stones and Polydor Records yesterday. It says "New Music & Tour News from The Rolling Stones". Now that's not really true, is it? At least not the first part..

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:14

Completely agree that they have lost the plot on this one, there are so many other creative names they could have used. The whole way the billboard thing went down and the "build up" and then ZIPCODE? it is weak. I love these guys, stand by them thru thick and thin but i am sure they didn't all agree on this….who did is really the question and they have ZERO creative bones in their DNA. Just too bizarre. Just a Kiss Away or any great line from the Stick Fingers album would have worked but ZIPCODE? You all saw the very creative work on the T-Shirts for the Oz/NZ last leg of the tour as well as the prior legs…..where were those minds? were they not consulted?

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:16

flacnvinyl
@Stoneage, thats what I don't get. If my Stones knowledge serves me correctly, this is the first tour since 99 (No Security) where there is no real purpose.

12-14 - anniversary tour, Mick Taylor

2015 - nothing? just the "we want to tour again" tour

I am not complaining, just curious why there doesn't seem to be any real theme on this go-round.

No Security Tour was to support live album No Security anyway

2012-14 do you think that the presence of Mick Taylor is a real purpose for a tour?

2015 not just they want tour but WE want them to tour, and that's the purposewinking smiley

Date: April 1, 2015 11:25

BostonBob
Completely agree that they have lost the plot on this one, there are so many other creative names they could have used. The whole way the billboard thing went down and the "build up" and then ZIPCODE? it is weak."

I agree, it's weak. I guess it alludes to the zipper on the SF album. It's weak all the same.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:48

It's strange. Everything around this tour. The things bv told us before (very special), the billboards with kiss away. The radio interviews. I can't understand.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:09

I don't think the overwhelming majority of people going to these shows will give a flying f*ck what the tour is called!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:11

Niek
It's strange. Everything around this tour. The things bv told us before (very special), the billboards with kiss away. The radio interviews. I can't understand.

Yes bv's "I don't want to spoil Mick's fun when announcing what's coming up" (or words to that effect) kept ringing in my ears yesterday, maybe there is more to come ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:19

Fullerblindboy69
It's hard to believe that some people are bitching about the name of the tour for christ sake! On a fan club website no less, Unbelievable. Do you people enjoy anything? It's party time you idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling smiley and this rules for any silly post to comespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: ZIP CODE TOUR
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:30

Rokyfan
StonedInTokyo
StonedRambler
That's the WORST name of a tour I ever heard >grinning smiley<

Let the record show bitching and criticism began with the sixth post.
Your point is what? Any name that's picked, some people will like it some will think it's stupid. That's the way humans are since we all have our own brains. I guess your point is that nobody should ever say they don't like anything . . . that is bitching and criticism . . . people should only post about the things they like. No discussion, no debate. Why?

My point is why not celebrate the fact they have made the tour announcement and leave it at that, if only for the day? Is it really necessary to go negative on the 6th post to a tour announcement thread?

Suit yourselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 12:44 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:35

DoomandGloom
I don't feel 13 stadiums and a speedway's level of excitement around here.

It's just an online fan forum. You want excitement go to the show(s).

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:37

Stoneage
Recieved a mail from Rolling Stones and Polydor Records yesterday. It says "New Music & Tour News from The Rolling Stones". Now that's not really true, is it? At least not the first part..

It's "new" music to many, surely? Not EVERYONE is into bootlegs. My brother in law, a keen Stones fan, has none. He's pretty excited having now heard/seen the acoustic Wild Horses video to be getting some "new" Stones music.

Date: April 1, 2015 12:43

bitusa2012
Stoneage

It's "new" music to many, surely? Not EVERYONE is into bootlegs. My brother in law, a keen Stones fan, has none. He's pretty excited having now heard/seen the acoustic Wild Horses video to be getting some "new" Stones music.

Sure, bitusa. But I was thinking "new" as in recently recorded. The bootleg recordings on the de luxe set are 44 years old.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:44

BluzDude
1-800-528-4800

Thanks, BluzDude. Is that the same as the number on the back of an AMEX card?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:48

flairville
Beast
So does anyone know if the AMEX presale is limited to AMEX cards issued in the US? Or can AMEX cards issued elsewhere also be used? Please can someone post the US customer service number for AMEX. Thanks.

Sara! Are you thinking of crossing the pond?

Maybe (airmiles permitting), except I'm no fan of stadiums... Are you heading over there?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 13:27

Wow, all the negative vibe here. What the hell do you peple expect, what do you want? Our favourite band has announced tour dates. Lets's be happy! Those who want to see and hear them perform will buy tickets and spend a night at a concert. Or maybe two or three. That's it.
As much as I understand all the excitement, since I was absolutely thrilled the last year when I was buying tickets and I remember how overexcited and impatient I was expecting the post... It is still not the meaning of life. At least the tour name. Why does anybody care? Is the tour name the difference between a great and a lame concert experience? Or is it one song I want to hear during those 2 hours? Is it the 15 minute presence of a person who hasn't been in the band for 40 years?
For me the important thing is always to be as close to the stage as possible and have a blast, but that is probably just me. I can see that spending days and days discussing the tour name and then spending many evenings in front of the computer commenting on the setlist is the reason to live for some people here...eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 13:29 by Happy24.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 1, 2015 13:54

Happy24
Wow, all the negative vibe here. What the hell do you peple expect, what do you want? Our favourite band has announced tour dates. Lets's be happy! Those who want to see and hear them perform will buy tickets and spend a night at a concert. Or maybe two or three. That's it.
As much as I understand all the excitement, since I was absolutely thrilled the last year when I was buying tickets and I remember how overexcited and impatient I was expecting the post... It is still not the meaning of life. At least the tour name. Why does anybody care? Is the tour name the difference between a great and a lame concert experience? Or is it one song I want to hear during those 2 hours? Is it the 15 minute presence of a person who hasn't been in the band for 40 years?
For me the important thing is always to be as close to the stage as possible and have a blast, but that is probably just me. I can see that spending days and days discussing the tour name and then spending many evenings in front of the computer commenting on the setlist is the reason to live for some people here...eye rolling smiley

thumbs up Except the last sentence I agree 100%.
But for the last things you wrote take in mind Happy:
It´s a fan board.
It has to be crazy and weird from time to time.

Re: ZIP CODE TOUR
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:01

StonedInTokyo
Rokyfan
StonedInTokyo
StonedRambler
That's the WORST name of a tour I ever heard >grinning smiley<

Let the record show bitching and criticism began with the sixth post.
Your point is what? Any name that's picked, some people will like it some will think it's stupid. That's the way humans are since we all have our own brains. I guess your point is that nobody should ever say they don't like anything . . . that is bitching and criticism . . . people should only post about the things they like. No discussion, no debate. Why?

My point is why not celebrate the fact they have made the tour announcement and leave it at that, if only for the day? Is it really necessary to go negative on the 6th post to a tour announcement thread?

Suit yourselves.

So you want a board with hundreds of posts saying Party On with beer mugs clanking, rather than discussion. I get it, most people just want to read and hear from people who agree with them, it just seems so stupid sometimes. Discussion and disagreement are not going negative. I think Gimmee Shelter is the greatest rock song of all time, but I know there are people who are just as big Stones fans as me who think it is overrated. I think Voodoo Lounge is the most overrated tour of all the ones I've seen going back to 72. Most fans disagree with me. It's not a problem it's called adult life. Personally, I think the idea that a tour has to have a "name" is stupid. It's just a dumb marketing device, who cares if people argue over it?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:07

I think the tour name ZIP CODE is great. Better than A Bigger Bang, and better than names like Office Depot Center. Wait until you see the T-shirts with YOUR zip code if you live nearby. Also, the ZIPPER is a famous part of Sticky Fingers.

Anyway, why worry so much about the tour name? Is it that important? More important... they will be performing 15 shows in 15 cities in front of nearly one million fans!

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:15

bv
I think the tour name ZIP CODE is great. Better than A Bigger Bang, and better than names like Office Depot Center. Wait until you see the T-shirts with YOUR zip code if you live nearby. Also, the ZIPPER is a famous part of Sticky Fingers.

Anyway, why worry so much about the tour name? Is it that important? More important... they will be performing 15 shows in 15 cities in front of nearly one million fans!

Agreed!!!
jeroensmileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:22

24FPS
I don't see why playing Sticky Fingers in its entirety would be so off base. First off, there's nothing to prevent them from playing it. The average tourist willing to part with those big bucks to see them from 100 yards away usually only knows the fast songs. It starts out with two rockers, and then a song they often play, Wild Horses. Another fairly familiar rocker, a quick run through You Gotta Move and then boom, Bitch. I Got The Blues followed by Sister Morphine could make the crowd restless, but where are they going to go? Then they get Dead Flowers and here's the real opportunity, the magnificient Moonlight Mile, hopefully accompanied by some real strings. Then they can just jam TumblingMeUpSympathyFlash down their throats, encore with Satisfaction, hit the fireworks and slide off in the limos with all that money.

The average tourist (and this is a tour for tourists) is only going to know Brown Sugar and, maybe, Wild Horses. Much as I like SF (probably my favorite album by anyone ever) I can't really see the point in the Stones playing it in its entirety. It's not a concept album. It doesn't tell a story. I know a lot of bands are doing this sort of thing lately, but for anyone other than the Who or Pink Floyd, I just don't see how it makes any sense.

Date: April 1, 2015 14:25

corriecas
bv

Agreed!!!
jeroensmileys with beer

Exactly! The Stadium Tour is On!!! So ZIP it up and ENJOY!!!!

I said HEY HEY....You Got ME Rockin!!!!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:50

iHeartRadio Icons RS-Special 31-Mar-2015, 7pm: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2015 14:54

Hi BV,

Do you have anything about MT, if he will he on tour or not?
Just plain Yes or No.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:10

I'd love to see them all standing with their zippers down in at least one of those promo photos.

In place of Grrregory, they could have used this guy as their new mascot:

Date: April 1, 2015 15:35

How does Stub Hub already have Stones tickets for sale?

They are expensive!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 15:35 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home