Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 66
Re: The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:01

Nikkei
If you go in high heels you might not be able to stand on your chair. smoking smiley

LOL---Too bad a person couldn't do both at the same time. But with those flimsy, cheap seats we had in SD I don't know that anyone, except a small child, who could stand on one of them without breaking it. sad smiley

I wonder if every venue's chairs are that cheap/flimsy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 03:06 by tauk.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:08

I'm glad you guys (girls) are talking about this raising your height issue, 'cause I was thinking the same things. I'm only 5'4", and row 4 in Pittsburgh could be a problem without a stool or platforms. I'm going to do the 2 pairs of shoes kind of thing.lol

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:18

tauk
Nikkei
If you go in high heels you might not be able to stand on your chair. smoking smiley

LOL---Too bad a person couldn't do both at the same time. But with those flimsy, cheap seats we had in SD I don't know that anyone, except a small child, who could stand on one of them without breaking it. sad smiley

They are just placeholders once the band starts playing. I don't imagine you actually sat down except before the show and possibly during band introductions , maybe moonlight mile...did you?

Too bad they didn't play an April 1 show someplace and the audience could have played a huge April Fools Joke on the band by not leaving their chairs for the first few numbers. Can you imagine the effect on those guys? Looking out at the entire floor while they were playing SMU or JJF and seeing everyone sitting down, huge smiles plastered across their faces knowing the joke was actually working?! Ha!

peace

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:23

Yes! Gotta love the turned in toes.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:31

Casual boots are best. Sturdier heels for dancing and jumping around, and your feet are more protected from the clumsy drunk next to you. winking smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 03:36

totally broke down, going to pittsburgh now....

start by taking the bus to work a full day in Chicago on Friday, June 19th, take building shuttle to Union Station, Amtrak from Chicago to Troy, MI, 6 hour trip. Crash at parents house in Troy, MI. Get picked up Saturday afternoon, drive 4 hrs 30 minutes to Pittsburgh. Return trip Sunday, June 21st...4 hrs, 15 minute drive to Ann Arbor, MI, get dropped off at Amtrak station. Take Amtrak 5 hrs to Chicago due in at 11pm CT. crash for 5 hours and back at my desk at work by 7am Monday, June 22nd.Then try to focus on work overtired thinking about how awesome Milwaukee is going to be.

I love this band so much, it's disgusting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 03:38 by mnewman505.

Date: June 6, 2015 03:44

Naturalust
tauk
Nikkei

They are just placeholders once the band starts playing. I don't imagine you actually sat down except before the show and possibly during band introductions , maybe moonlight mile...did you?

Too bad they didn't play an April 1 show someplace and the audience could have played a huge April Fools Joke on the band by not leaving their chairs for the first few numbers. Can you imagine the effect on those guys? Looking out at the entire floor while they were playing SMU or JJF and seeing everyone sitting down, huge smiles plastered across their faces knowing the joke was actually working?! Ha!

peace

Hello Naturalust. Ya, I agree, the seats are not really used for seating-darn right I was on my feet the entire time!!! hot smiley

And yes, that would be funny/interesting to see how RS/Mick would react to noone standing--I can't imagine what Mick would do/think/feel......would he just "pour on" the magic more....or kinda slowly walk/dance towards the back of the stage & then disappear from sight? or, stop singing & ask the crowd what's wrong? My preference would be that he'd keep on keepin' on & would really pour it on..the dancing. charisma..MAKE HIM REALLY WORK IT LIKE NEVER BEFORE... maybe even a true emotion would show! (LUV YA MICK XXXOOO's)

As to Keith's or Ronnie's or Charlie's reaction (assuming Charlie would even have any reaction) ...I don't know about them...I can't picture anything exactly...........??????

"If those cats out there don't stop it......."

Date: June 6, 2015 03:51

steffialicia
Yes! Gotta love the turned in toes.

thumbs upI use to think it was "Just My Imagination" re. his childish-like turned in toes but when I seen this pic of the Mick doll I realized I must not have been mistaken.smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 04:00

Straycat13
I'm glad you guys (girls) are talking about this raising your height issue, 'cause I was thinking the same things. I'm only 5'4", and row 4 in Pittsburgh could be a problem without a stool or platforms. I'm going to do the 2 pairs of shoes kind of thing.lol

Good Luck & don't let anyone stop ya...be brave & "Stand Up for Yourself"! winking smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 04:12

tauk
Naturalust
tauk
Nikkei

peace

Hello Naturalust. Ya, I agree, the seats are not really used for seating-darn right I was on my feet the entire time!!! hot smiley

And yes, that would be funny/interesting to see how RS/Mick would react to noone standing--I can't imagine what Mick would do/think/feel......would he just "pour on" the magic more....or kinda slowly walk/dance towards the back of the stage & then disappear from sight? or, stop singing & ask the crowd what's wrong? My preference would be that he'd keep on keepin' on & would really pour it on..the dancing. charisma..MAKE HIM REALLY WORK IT LIKE NEVER BEFORE... maybe even a true emotion would show! (LUV YA MICK XXXOOO's)

As to Keith's or Ronnie's or Charlie's reaction (assuming Charlie would even have any reaction) ...I don't know about them...I can't picture anything exactly...........??????

"If those cats out there don't stop it......."

Ideally, we'd let the rest of the band in on the joke so they could act and play relatively normally. Like you say, I could just imagine Mick REALLY pouring in on, trying his absolute hardest to get the reaction he is so used to (having everyone in the palm of his hand)...seeing the joy in everyone's faces but something not computing...possibly even changing the setlist, playing SMU right after a JJF intro song.eye popping smiley

Then after two songs of everybody sitting, unable to stand it another second, saying something to the crowd "How y'all dooin?" "Everybody alllwright?" "Are we ready to DANCE?" "Dance with me now"' ....which would be our cue for everyone in the friggin' venue to stand up tall and just start screaming! April Fool!

No doubt he would get the joke and remember that audience above the many hundreds of ones he controlled from the first note.

Of course the next visit to that city he'd probably switch the tables and play the first two songs sitting in a chair!

peace

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 6, 2015 04:18

mnewman505

start by taking the bus to work a full day in Chicago on Friday, June 19th, take building shuttle to Union Station, Amtrak from Chicago to Troy, MI, 6 hour trip. Crash at parents house in Troy, MI. Get picked up Saturday afternoon, drive 4 hrs 30 minutes to Pittsburgh. Return trip Sunday, June 21st...4 hrs, 15 minute drive to Ann Arbor, MI, get dropped off at Amtrak station. Take Amtrak 5 hrs to Chicago due in at 11pm CT. crash for 5 hours and back at my desk at work by 7am Monday, June 22nd.Then try to focus on work overtired thinking about how awesome Milwaukee is going to be.

mnewman, You are giving up that Milwaukee show??? Only what, 90 minutes away? Noooooooo. Whyyyyyyy???

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 6, 2015 04:48

Naturalust wrote:

Too bad they didn't play an April 1 show someplace and the audience could have played a huge April Fools Joke on the band by not leaving their chairs for the first few numbers. Can you imagine the effect on those guys? Looking out at the entire floor while they were playing SMU or JJF and seeing everyone sitting down, huge smiles plastered across their faces knowing the joke was actually working?! Ha

I, tauk wrote:

"If those cats out there don't stop it......."[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Naturalust wrote:

Ideally, we'd let the rest of the band in on the joke so they could act and play relatively normally. Like you say, I could just imagine Mick REALLY pouring in on, trying his absolute hardest to get the reaction he is so used to (having everyone in the palm of his hand)...seeing the joy in everyone's faces but something not computing...possibly even changing the setlist, playing SMU right after a JJF intro song.eye popping smiley

Then after two songs of everybody sitting, unable to stand it another second, saying something to the crowd "How y'all dooin?" "Everybody alllwright?" "Are we ready to DANCE?" "Dance with me now"' ....which would be our cue for everyone in the friggin' venue to stand up tall and just start screaming! April Fool!

No doubt he would get the joke and remember that audience above the many hundreds of ones he controlled from the first note.

Of course the next visit to that city he'd probably switch the tables and play the first two songs sitting in a chair!

peace[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Naturalust wrote: Ideally, we'd let the rest of the band in on the joke

OMG!!!! that would be sooo bad....LOL...poor Mick....I wonder if Keith would ever be able to keep a straight face through that? If Mick, during his torture, would happen to turn around & look at Keith like wtf ... or help me!?? and Keith would just shrug like oh well.. who cares?

ones he controlled=yes, good role reversal for a change

I can see what you mean about Mick being o.k. with the audience after learning of the joke...but do you think Mick would ever really forgive Keith's complicity in it? Hmmmm....Who knows with the history between those two...

What would you think of the idea that, before the audience gives in after the first 2 songs, the audience lets Mick know that before they'll dance he has to let several audience members up on the stage with him to dance with him?
I mean, after all, really, considering some of the guest singers they've had.........

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 6, 2015 05:19

mnewman505

I know I know I know. I knew I was going to SD and Pittsburgh. 30 seconds into SD, I knew I'd need more! Going to Raleigh too. Hope I stop now. I'm going broke.

Date: June 6, 2015 05:22

latebloomer
Casual boots are best. Sturdier heels for dancing and jumping around, and your feet are more protected from the clumsy drunk next to you. winking smiley

hmmm clumsy drunks, not good....make those boots with steel toes!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 6, 2015 05:24

I have another question about sound on the floor, please. I have a row 5 seat in E on Ronnie's side, I expect it should be loud, but will being on that side mean I won't hear Keith good, or is it well mixed? I can't believe I will be that close but hope it doesn't mess up my sound enjoyment.

Date: June 6, 2015 05:41

steffialicia
mnewman505

I know I know I know. I knew I was going to SD and Pittsburgh. 30 seconds into SD, I knew I'd need more! Going to Raleigh too. Hope I stop now. I'm going broke.

I know, I know too! I feel for ya. I'm flat-busted!! and I don't mean my chest, really.

Sometimes I get afraid that I'll jump back on the caravan this tour feels like & just keep going & going until I'm homeless, penniless, starving, dehydrated,shoes wearing out, hitch hiking from venue to venue eventually to have no ticket & settle for listening outside the stadiums

....I get the feeling there's a lot of people on iorr that can relate to this.

"You know it hurts so good....Sometimes love don't feel like it should"-John Mellencamp

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 21:37 by tauk.

Date: June 6, 2015 05:50

tauk
.but do you think Mick would ever really forgive Keith's complicity in it?

What would you think of the idea that, before the audience gives in after the first 2 songs, the audience lets Mick know that before they'll dance he has to let several audience members up on the stage with him to dance with him?
I mean, after all, really, considering some of the guest singers they've had.........

Yeah Mick would probably forgive Keith and I think he'd actually get quite a charge out of it. I mean what else can you give a guy that's got everything?

As far as letting the audience member(s) on stage to dance I don't think that would go down to well, it's obviously somewhat of a ladies fantasy and you'd have to get through Keith's tele first. winking smiley (I realize you might not get that one yet...it's in your required reading...Life)

tumblingdice....I can speak from experience, don't worry, you will hear Keith!

peace

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:06

tauk
latebloomer

After much exhaustive research, the results are finally in - the ideal gig footwear for the IORRian woman is... casual, danceable, steel-toed, beer-repellent boots w/ sturdy 10" heels. Anyone know where can I get a pair?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:31

Naturalust
tauk

Yeah Mick would probably forgive Keith and I think he'd actually get quite a charge out of it. I mean what else can you give a guy that's got everything?

As far as letting the audience member(s) on stage to dance I don't think that would go down to well, it's obviously somewhat of a ladies fantasy and you'd have to get through Keith's tele first. winking smiley (I realize you might not get that one yet...it's in your required reading...Life)

peace

What a horrible idea! Thank goodness the audience would never do that.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 6, 2015 06:38

Thanks Naturalust! Will I have good sound in row 5?

Date: June 6, 2015 06:40

Plink
tauk
latebloomer

After much exhaustive research, the results are finally in - the ideal gig footwear for the IORRian woman is... casual, danceable, steel-toed, beer-repellent boots w/ sturdy 10" heels. Anyone know where can I get a pair?

something like this perhaps:

or maybe this is more your style:

But if you want to catch Mick's eye, these are the ones:

I guess when it comes to women's shoes, anything and everything is possible...

peace

Date: June 6, 2015 07:53

Naturalust
tauk

peace

it's in your required reading...Life) Yes Prof N, I'm looking forward to it..."get through Keith's tele?? tele??" I'll be sure to look for the "Tele" in Life.

it's obviously somewhat of a ladies fantasyYes, I see what you mean..I just wanted to torture Mick a little further, because as you say, he seems to be so accustomed to having the whole audience in his hands.

O.K. more truthfully, I'll admit even if he doesn't exactly mean to (well, who knows, only god knows) torture his female fans, but he does, by his very existence. Hence, some passive-aggressive feelings may be lingering in a lot of us Mick gals. (LUV YA MICK XXXXOOOO's in case you're reading this)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 09:04 by tauk.

Date: June 6, 2015 08:27

Naturalust-LOL. Great shoe/boot pics. I'd vote for the 1st pic.

Re. the ones Mick might like to see a gal in, the pink ones, well, despite my infatuation with my Imaginary Boyfriend there's still a limit to what I'd do for him--no Peek-A-Boo slightly open toes-not at a concert--need steel toes I say.

At the top of my Wish List of what I wish Mick would do is Mick give up those darn athletic shoes--I know he has to be like an athlete on stage but gosh almighty--even the day he got Knighted he was wearing in his black sneakers with his suit!

Yes, anything seems possible with ladies footwear. Imho the rule of the thumb should be, in re. to ladies shoes, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2015 08:45

tauk
-no Peek-A-Boo slightly open toes-not at a concert--need steel toes I say.

Believe it or not my dear those are steel toed shoes.

And since your so sweet I'll save you the trouble concerning the Keith tele story. A bit OT here unless a fan wants to join the Stones on stage for the ZIP tour but what the hell.....we're between shows.

Hampton VA, 1981, a fan runs on stage heading for the object of your affection and Keith quickly takes off his guitar (a Fender Telecaster) and whacks the guy a good one. Here is the footage and Keith talking about it too.

peace

Date: June 6, 2015 08:51

Plink
tauk
latebloomer

Plink, where to find beer repellent, 10" casual---not the Lady Gaga all-one-level-platforms? I think somewhere on the internet....or maybe us ladies at iorr.org should try our hand at designing RS-concert ready footwear. Our needs are unique!

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: June 6, 2015 10:04

mnewman505

Hi mnewman,

we are doing Pittsburgh - Chicago on Sunday 21st by rental car... if that helps you out, you could join us - we have free space available.

If you are interested, just email me.

Cheers,
Kurt

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Date: June 6, 2015 11:01

tauk-no Peek-A-Boo slightly open toes-not at a concert--need steel toes I say.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Naturalust wrote:

And since your so sweet I'll save you the trouble concerning the Keith tele story. A bit OT here unless a fan wants to join the Stones on stage for the ZIP tour but what the hell.....we're between shows.

Hampton VA, 1981, a fan runs on stage heading for the object of your affection and Keith quickly takes off his guitar (a Fender Telecaster) and whacks the guy a good one. Here is the footage and Keith talking about it too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Naturalust-Quote
tauk
-no Peek-A-Boo slightly open toes-not at a concert--need steel toes I say.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
thanks for the info re. Keith's Telecaster--I watched the video & interview-so funny really. I think I had heard Keith describe that incident on some other clip somewhere only Keith described it in a slightly different way, same thing, same incident, but the language Keith used was R or X rated but it made it even more funny-do you know what I'm talking about?

BTW, how do you recall such details so fast? The year, state & city (of the Telecaster smackdown) I'm just curious...thumbs up

"the object of your affection"Ha Ha-ya I caught that little tidbit Naturalust, smiling smileyhave to admit it made me laugh out loud.

Re. the high spike heeled pink Peek-A-Boo platform shoes--my mistake, I didn't catch the steel toed part-hilarious shoes-I'd love to know the mindset of whoever designed them. It's so stupid to cut out the toe material only to reinforce the toe area with steel.......But then when does logic have anything to do with the latest footwear?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 15:50

Steinschlag
Hi mnewman,

we are doing Pittsburgh - Chicago on Sunday 21st by rental car... if that helps you out, you could join us - we have free space available.

If you are interested, just email me.

Cheers,
Kurt
Insanely generous offer, i'm sending you an email.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:41

^^^ Stones fans kindly helping each other - heartwarming stuff! smiling smiley

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 6, 2015 21:13

[4.bp.blogspot.com]

These are special made for Keith's side.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home