Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick and Keith - writing together?
Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 25, 2015 17:44

Naturalust
angee
Mick's not too posh to hang out on a balcony in pajamas with the ballerina, at least
until the photo is printed world-wide. Just sayin'...Some of us feel he can pull off the
lyrics quite well. :-D The voice is still there to do it, that's for sure, imo, anyway.

You looking forward to a show or two this time around, NL?

Hey girl, they were probably $500 silk pajamas! With a silk chair inside and silk sheets in a disheveled state around the bed. May I remind you of some of my favorite lyrics:

"When You're sittin' there, in your silk upholstered chair
Talkin' to some rich folks that you know
I hope you won't see me, and my ragged company
Cause you know I could never be alone......."

The days of Mick writing lyrics like that are long gone. Surprised he can still sing 'em with authority..yeah he can, but surely he's just remembering.smoking smiley

Hell yeah I'm looking forward to a show or two! I have a bad feeling it may be our last chance and SF is one of my ATF records so I'm pretty excited. Factors like timing, special guests and varied set lists will determine my commitment to multiple shows. I usually skip the feeding frenzy for early tickets and make decisions closer to the day of the show, there are always good seats available if you don't mind spending the $ and since I don't know what I'm doing next week, planning two months ahead is a big deal...

How about you angee? Got to be excited about that Ohio date! Looks like it's a sure thing.

peace

(Just saw this post.) Good points, NL. But still, as "rich enough" as he is, and has been for decades, he's still got some
"I Go Wild" man in him, from what I can tell. The feelings between Mick and Keith look very positive on this tour so far, so that's a good sign too. But--I really don't expect new songs, even as I wish for them.

Yup, the Columbus show is less than a week away! And then there's Milwaukee. Are you going at all?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 25, 2015 18:14

angee
Naturalust
angee
Mick's not too posh to hang out on a balcony in pajamas with the ballerina, at least
until the photo is printed world-wide. Just sayin'...Some of us feel he can pull off the
lyrics quite well. :-D The voice is still there to do it, that's for sure, imo, anyway.

You looking forward to a show or two this time around, NL?

Hey girl, they were probably $500 silk pajamas! With a silk chair inside and silk sheets in a disheveled state around the bed. May I remind you of some of my favorite lyrics:

"When You're sittin' there, in your silk upholstered chair
Talkin' to some rich folks that you know
I hope you won't see me, and my ragged company
Cause you know I could never be alone......."

The days of Mick writing lyrics like that are long gone. Surprised he can still sing 'em with authority..yeah he can, but surely he's just remembering.smoking smiley

Hell yeah I'm looking forward to a show or two! I have a bad feeling it may be our last chance and SF is one of my ATF records so I'm pretty excited. Factors like timing, special guests and varied set lists will determine my commitment to multiple shows. I usually skip the feeding frenzy for early tickets and make decisions closer to the day of the show, there are always good seats available if you don't mind spending the $ and since I don't know what I'm doing next week, planning two months ahead is a big deal...

How about you angee? Got to be excited about that Ohio date! Looks like it's a sure thing.

peace

(Just saw this post.) Good points, NL. But still, as "rich enough" as he is, and has been for decades, he's still got some
"I Go Wild" man in him, from what I can tell. The feelings between Mick and Keith look very positive on this tour so far, so that's a good sign too. But--I really don't expect new songs, even as I wish for them.

Yup, the Columbus show is less than a week away! And then there's Milwaukee. Are you going at all?

Yes I agree. Seeing all the videos available there's more (positive) interaction between MJ&KR and you can also hear the entire team sounds better IMHO. More tight. Better rehearsed? Who knows what the reason is.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:33

If you read what was hyped about A BIGGER BANG that's the last time they got together and wrote like that.

Of course, it is THE LAST ALBUM.

Seemingly the only time they've not really gotten together to write was for DIRTY WORK as far as I can tell. And by default, TATTOO YOU.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home