Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT - What does everyone do all day, in between posts?
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: March 25, 2015 19:51

Helicopter Pilot

thumbs upRe: OT - What does everyone do all day, in between posts?
Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: March 25, 2015 19:56

MingSubu
DoctorFreddie
MingSubu
Get stoned.

Down in the hole?

No, just downtown,

smiling smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:41

To all the folks who wished me well on this - thank you. As they say in the UK, I'm really made up over this, and more than a wee bit tearful.

Back about 11th Feb, I caught Norovirus; I was able to work from home, but the bug caused my anti-convulsants to be flushed out of me. On 19th Feb I had three Grand Mal seizures, my first epileptic episodes since 1994, and ended up in hospital for an overnight stay. On the Monday of the following week I headed back to work, but found myself repeating myself in the reports I write, and nodding off at bizarre times in the day.

I have private healthcare, so I went to see a great neurologist, and he arranged for an MRI scan. The scan has revealed a sub dural haematoma, a bleed on the left side of the brain. On another matter, Google Haematoma and you get the Human Riff himself, so this could be non-OT, but mine, thankfully, is milder, though the headaches, memory lapses, dizziness, fatigue, aren't that mild. I await another MRI scan mid April 2015, wherein if the bleed / bruising goes down then it will get better, however if it is still the same, or worsening, then I'm under the knife.

Once again, I'm really glad for all the well-wishing on this site.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:40

Get well soon Tom!

Keith Richards has surgery for blood clot on the brain by Kathy Marks

The holiday mishap in which Keith Richards fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji has turned out to be more serious than previously thought, with the Rolling Stones guitarist undergoing surgery to relieve a blood clot on his brain.

A spokesman for the band said the operation at a hospital in New Zealand on Sunday was a success, and that Richards was already up and about and talking to his family. Richards, 62, is planning to join the rest of the band for the European leg of their world tour, although the opening concert in Barcelona has been postponed from 27 May to a date in June to be announced. They are being supported by Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, the Charlatans and Guns N' Roses.

Initial reports suggested that Richards suffered only mild concussion when he fell 16ft while gathering coconuts a fortnight ago. But after being flown to New Zealand, tests at Ascot Hospital in Auckland revealed he had a subdural haematoma, or blood clot on the brain. Surgery generally involves drilling a hole through the skull to drain the clot.

It was not clear yesterday whether Richards was still in hospital or had already been discharged. The band's spokesman said he would need "a few weeks' recuperation".

He added: "Keith was under observation in Auckland after a fall in Fiji and was feeling well since being examined by doctors last week. But after complaining of headaches, doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to relieve the pressure. The operation was a complete success, with Keith up and chatting with his family today."

The accident happened while Richards was on holiday following the Asia-Pacific leg of the Stones' Bigger Bang tour, which took them to Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand. He reportedly lost his grip while climbing the tree with his fellow band member Ronnie Wood at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort.

His wife, Patti Hansen, flew to Auckland and has been by his side since. According to The Sun, she smuggled miniature bottles of vodka into hospital for him. The paper had previously reported that Richards gave up drinking and smoking after the fall.

Richards, along with Mick Jagger, the lead singer, has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the Sixties. His history of drug abuse and arrests in his younger years has given him the reputation of rock'n'roll's ultimate survivor. He likes to greet concert audiences by quipping: "Good to be here, good to be anywhere."

The guitarist has suffered other freak accidents, some in quite sedate circumstances. In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling off a ladder while reaching for a book in his library. Two years later, he punctured a finger on a guitar string and it became infected.

The diagnosis - By Maxine Frith

* Relatively few people require surgery after a head injury but Keith Richards' age - and his hellraising past - mean he had an increased risk of potentially fatal complications. People who suffer a minor head injury may suffer a chronic subdural haemorrhage, which causes slow bleeding in the brain and the development of a clot. If the clot increases in size, it begins to compress the brain and restricts the flow of blood. Left untreated, it can cause brain damage. Newspapers in New Zealand have claimed Richards had suffered such a complication, although the band's management denies he suffered a haemorrhage. Surgery involves drilling tiny holes into the skull to drain the blood

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 26, 2015 00:04

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 26, 2015 00:49

Cocaine Eyes
Best wishes to Tom. Sending good vibes.....smiling smiley

Me too. I empathize, having survived a brain aneurysm, but I survived, and I'm not as tough as Keith, so I'm sure Tom will too. smiling smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:15

Unfortunately, I work! Of course work pays for Stones tickets, a necessary evil.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2015 06:32

mickschix
Unfortunately, I work! Of course work pays for Stones tickets, a necessary evil.

At least you have lots of time to save for shows!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 26, 2015 09:28

Good luck to you Tom. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 09:35

U2Stonesfan
Like Rockman said, I also like to do the magical art of weaving!!

Let's be precise - it is the ancient art of weaving. Anyway - the guitar looks absolutely stunning - tell us more about it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-26 09:35 by Happy24.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2015 10:50

So sad to hear that, tomcasagranda. Let us hope you will get a speed recovery. And keep on posting your great contributions here!

- Doxa

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: March 26, 2015 10:58

I pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Get down on my knees and pray
That I won't get fooled again

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:28

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:30 by colonial.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 26, 2015 14:03

tomcasagranda
To all the folks who wished me well on this - thank you. As they say in the UK, I'm really made up over this, and more than a wee bit tearful.

Back about 11th Feb, I caught Norovirus; I was able to work from home, but the bug caused my anti-convulsants to be flushed out of me. On 19th Feb I had three Grand Mal seizures, my first epileptic episodes since 1994, and ended up in hospital for an overnight stay. On the Monday of the following week I headed back to work, but found myself repeating myself in the reports I write, and nodding off at bizarre times in the day.

I have private healthcare, so I went to see a great neurologist, and he arranged for an MRI scan. The scan has revealed a sub dural haematoma, a bleed on the left side of the brain. On another matter, Google Haematoma and you get the Human Riff himself, so this could be non-OT, but mine, thankfully, is milder, though the headaches, memory lapses, dizziness, fatigue, aren't that mild. I await another MRI scan mid April 2015, wherein if the bleed / bruising goes down then it will get better, however if it is still the same, or worsening, then I'm under the knife.

Once again, I'm really glad for all the well-wishing on this site.

To see you write about it the way you do is promising Tom! I hope this strong willed concentration is an indication of your future well being: keep going!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 26, 2015 19:28

Try to think of Stones themed ice cream flavors.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 26, 2015 20:00

schillid
Try to think of Stones themed ice cream flavors.

You're doing a great job there schillid...carry on. smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 26, 2015 21:52

I do this: hatfieldmedia.com

And if any of you are ever in Louisville, KY, touch base. Would be glad to share some bourbon and talk music!

Date: March 26, 2015 22:49

I just got back from home depot

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 26, 2015 22:58

real home depot or home depot dot com?

Date: March 26, 2015 23:24

Natlanta
real home depot or home depot dot com?

REAL. I had to drive there, park, find a wheely thingy and everything!

Date: March 27, 2015 00:27

I'm in class right now, pretending to look something important up on my phone. I'd so much rather be at Home Depot. Pick me up a hanging plant, Treacles.

Date: March 27, 2015 00:31

latebloomer
I'm in class right now, pretending to look something important up on my phone. I'd so much rather be at Home Depot. Pick me up a hanging plant, Treacles.

Sorry, no room in my car.

I was picking up paving "stones". (keeping this thread somewhat on topic)

Date: March 27, 2015 00:36

treaclefingers
latebloomer

Okay. This class is gonna be the death of me.

Date: March 27, 2015 02:28

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

Sounds like you need some 'me time'. You obviously can't leave in the middle of class, so why don't you just post a 'stream of consciousness'...you may feel free to use this thread.

Don't hold back, let it all out.

Date: March 27, 2015 02:55

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

Sounds like you need some 'me time'. You obviously can't leave in the middle of class, so why don't you just post a 'stream of consciousness'...you may feel free to use this thread.

Not that deep Treacles, just trying to stay on topic, guess you missed the Stones reference there. grinning smiley

Date: March 27, 2015 03:04

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

Not that deep Treacles, just trying to stay on topic, guess you missed the Stones reference there. grinning smiley

...or is it you that missed mine?!

Date: March 27, 2015 03:09

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

...or is it you that missed mine?!

HAH! Yep, I totally missed it. Think I need to get some sleep tonight.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:15

You two should get a room! May I recommend 1009? grinning smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 27, 2015 10:37

For some posters there can't be much time left for other things... winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2015 10:42

Is there anything else out there?

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home