Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ALTAMONT - The Setlist
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 19, 2015 01:26

pre 1966:
Carol (never played in the US before; but no lp among the above, back catalogue so to say)

Carol played live on "Mike Douglas Show" 64 and (according to Bill Wyman) it was in the setlist for the Qct/Nov 64 US Tour.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 19, 2015 01:55

That pretty much defines the past 20 years then... not much money from record sales, HUGE money from touring. 1981-82 was the best of both worlds for the Stones in that regard but that's when it started for the touring equaling lots of money.

And looking at their history with Decca Records, it wasn't that long, really, for them as a creative force to hit it big with that giant tour. Maybe back then it was a long time but they certainly made the best of it. Perhaps to make up for being so screwed over by Decca. The tours following 1969 were still on a small scale but the 1975-76 tours started to see them expand.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 19, 2015 12:34

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
To add further, Stanley Booth states in his book that he was one of the first people on stage...he took Keith's acoustic guitar!
To quote his exact words "I was the first on stage because keith asked me to take his acoustic guitar".
So from that you'd think the typical acoustic songs were intended on being performed!

Good point. They probably laid that idea to rest the minute they caught the vibe...

for sure..but I do find it interesting that they intended to play at least one of the acoustic numbers.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 19, 2015 20:08

2000 LYFH
Eleanor Rigby
There's a pic backstage at Altamont of an acoustic guitar...but I guess that could have been with the band for a casual strum...maybe not.
It is possible the same usual set was planned that morning, but changed as they hit the stage.

Yeah the Gimme Shelter selection may have been due to let It Bleed being release to the US that day?
Weird they didnt play it more often during the tour.

Sonny Barger on the picture

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home