Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live 8 without the Stones
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 3, 2005 12:49

Well, I think many of us feel that the boys let us down a bit by not showing up at the Live 8. Partly because we ourselves so devoutly wanted them to.
Maybe they have a good reason (I hope they do) for being abscent.

I think it had been good for their reputation because a lots of people out there seem to find them avaricious. Therefore it had been great if they attended a free concert for a good purpose.

Re: Live 8 without the Stones
Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:26

i think it's a damn shame the boys didn't show up out there in London!!
there could be no good reason to skip this...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:40

well if it werent for the ridiculous rumors we wouldnt have been let down
philly,. london wtf, sticky fingers journal is just as bad as the magazine was

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-03 21:42 by melillo.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 3, 2005 21:59

How can anyone feel 'let down' by the band 'not showing up' when they never at any time even hinted that they would perform at any of the shows?

I would have loved them to have played it, but they never said they would - so whats the big shock?

The Philly 'rumour' was utterly ridiculous and implausible and was never going to be anything else. Same with London, although Mick WAS confirmed as a special guest, in which case its understandable to feel aggrieved at THAT no-show. I spotted Jerry Hall in the crowd at Hyde Park so I was pretty optimistic at that stage that Mick would show up.

Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: July 3, 2005 22:21

the stones are the biggest in rock n roll.....they should have been there.
nuff said

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 4, 2005 03:10

Jerry Hall thinks she is a ROCKER! She is an ugly, desperate ex-model now enlisting the services of young guys to satisfy her ego. Did anyone see any of her reality piece of trash show where she auditions young So-called studs to attend events with her!? That really means that NOW she has to PAY for men to accompany her places! SAD SAD SAD! FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY I THINK!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home