Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

needless post
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 23, 2005 20:58

my fags are empty!

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-23 20:59 by TeleK.

Re: needless post
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 23, 2005 21:07

your bottles too ? LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 23, 2005 21:11

I just went to 7-11. I would have picked you up a pack.

Date: June 23, 2005 21:15

whats 7-11?
ive got a new pack.thanks
i have a cigarette machine on my garden fence!

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-23 21:19 by TeleK.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 23, 2005 21:21

a 7-11 is a 24 hour convenience store on just about every cornere around here. How do you have a cig. machine on your fence?

Date: June 23, 2005 21:23

in germany we have cig machines almost everywhere.
put in 4€ for a pack, make your choice , and there it comes.
i know almost everywhere in the world no cig machines are allowed.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 23, 2005 23:34

man I miss cigarette machines. They always remind me of "Ernte 23" some german brand. Over here the laws are getting to where you're not allowed to smoke outside even.
Yet the refer keeps getting stronger and stronger. talkin bout that 'dro...

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: June 24, 2005 14:43

Sadly, England is following close at the USA's heel.....
Ok, smoking is bad for the smoker, but other things are, too, like listening to Mariah Carey, drugs, drinking, too much sex, too little sex, too much food, watching TV, blablabla...
Ok, so we should not impose our contaminated air on others. Point taken. I choose not to smoke in my house or inside my car ,but whether I smoke or not really is MY bad choice to make in the first place, and from my Camel Filters packet costing £5.28 (almost 10 $ ), about £4.50 go towards the taxman !!!!
Yep, just like in the Bill Wyman song "I'm the taxman......One for you, nineteen for me..."
So, really, I have already paid for my lung-transplant/chemotrherapyt/oxygencylinder-cum-wheeliething a long time ago.
What I really hate is this Nanny-State mentality, where everything you do is being more and more dabbled with and ultimately controlled by the state.
In my view, they ought to give individuals the information, but then respect whatever they choose to do with that info, providing they don't cause others harm or inconvenience.
I believe that alcohol, obesity and drugs is another issue the Eurowankers are going to target next. At the moment there is this BIG campaign against cannabis. It was downgraded from Class A to C about a year ago, but now there are articles in papers , TV documentaries, all saying how bad it is for your brain, and how it can cause you to become hopelessly psychotic...Never mind the fact that psychiatrists have been saying for twenty years that it is the other way around: personalities with slight psychotic tendencies will control their symptoms by smoking dope...Wouldn't surprise me if all this was being masterminded by the political spindoctors, to prepare us for the fact that they will upgrade it and make it superdupercriminal again to smoke a joint any time soon...
Personally , it makes me feel as if I was an adolescent boy with some adult being constantly on my case and telling me that wanking too much will make my spine shrink and the palms of my hands become hairy.....

And I hate it.

I just hope I live to experience the backlash to this mad political correctness that seems to pervade every inch of my life.....

I'll have a cigarette on that!

Johanna

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 17:26

Funny ... we did have cigarette machines everywhere in the US when I was growing up. As a kid it was fun to check them out and see what kind each machine would have inside. Could that have been early marketing to children? LOL

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 24, 2005 17:55

About cigarettes - I actually agree with banning it from public places (trains, restaurants, etc).
I absolutely hate smoke around me and it's not only bad for the smokers, it's bad for everyone around. Well, I love smoking a joint once in a while.
But cigarettes are horrible imo. And I hate it when I have to wash all my clothes after going out because the smell of cold smoke is disgusting!

Date: June 24, 2005 17:55

jostorm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Yep, just like in the Bill Wyman song "I'm the
> taxman......One for you, nineteen for me..."

I love that song!!
Didn't the Beatles cover it?

(just being silly!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-24 23:23 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: June 24, 2005 23:08

KeithRichards: So do I !There are five pubs in the village I live in, and I think I've frequented them 3 times in 15 years. I, too, hate the smell of cold smoke that sticks to all your clothes and lingers in your skin and hair, so I know what you mean. Banning it from pubs and any enclosed places isn't a problem to me, in a way I think that it is right to protect non-smokers from the smell, damage....BUT I still feel quite strongly that it is my right to have the choice to smoke or not to smoke, and that all governments are playing a hypocritical game, tobacco is legal and about 23 25ths of its price (!!!!!a better profit margin than even illegal Ecstasy drugdealers take !!!!) goes straight into state coffers, so it's BIG Government business and at the same time they want to treat smokers like lepers. Nothing wrong with making us smoke outside restaurants, and I do that anyway, but I don't want to have dictated to me that I cannot smoke outside in the open air.
What next? Banning the stuff completely? Like alcohol in the States during the Prohibition???
If they do, I shall mastermind and invest in an illegal tobacco-smuggling-operation. And call it:

"Ms Capone's".

DGS: Yeah, I love that song, too, no idea if the Beatles covered it, though.

Date: June 24, 2005 23:14

strongly that it is my right to have the choice to smoke or not to smoke,
THATS RIGHT!!

(!!!!!a better profit margin than even illegal Ecstasy drugdealers take !!!!)

OUR STATE GERMANY (legal drug seller) IS BUILT ON IT

13.630.000.000 euros (16.467.000.000 USD) earns my state in one year with tabacoo taxes!!!

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-24 23:42 by TeleK.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2005 00:49

For the cultured young man of this world Cigarette Machines are a great way to play the game of two up when out on the town and trying to impress the ladies.

Just place two coins in machine, lay your bets on how they will land then hit eject. It usually attracts an audience until the losers start getting mad and start kicking the shit out of the machine and then the publican steps in and starts yelling...."Hey! You guys cut that out "

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 25, 2005 01:00

Johanna, I can see your point.
I agree with you that it would be an unacceptable intervention into public life to completely ban smoking. Obviously it's also a great tax loss for governments if they completely ban smoking from public life...hm, no doubt about that. But on the other hand the expenditures for the health sector are less, because you have to treat less people with smoke-caused cancer and that saves a fortune! And I think, at least long-term, more money can be saved than lost this way...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home