Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: requests for next "vault" release...
Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: November 24, 2014 22:36

stonesstein
I always wondered why the Stones would not do as some bands like Pearl Jam do and release the shows themselves with no record company, etc., and simply pay royalties, etc. as per standard agreements?

From the vaults, I really would like:

1. complete 1972 show like Fort Worth or one that cooked with special songs

2. El Mocambo (compile both nights)

3. 1970 Paris - we need a clear and clean 1970 tour show that does not sound no-noised!

4. 1971 UK - while the Marquee shows were recorded, let us not forget how many of us repeatedly discern that many of those songs are strained (at best) by Jagger's having been too "hopped up." I say let's have the entire Leeds gig with bonus material from early shows like Liverpool & Newcastle 5 March.

5. 1973 - RELEASE THE NICARAUGUAN BENEFIT GIG, BOYS!

6. Knebworth - sure, it's sloppy in a few places, but what fun and the last of that kind of show we'll ever see

7. 2002 US - a "Theater" compilation of all juicy songs

8. 1999 - give us a complete show with the great Around & Around and Emotional Rescue sound checks tossed in

I could go on by adding great one-off footage from NME 68, Saville 69, Oshawa 79, 100 Club 1982, 100 Club 1986, Toads 1989, and all the Club shows from 1995.

Yes, 1973 Nicaraguan benefit concert, one of my holy grails.....I love this gig since i bought the LP back in early 80´s in a second hand shop....One of the best renditions of No expectations..It´s all over now, Route 66. Imagine the gig in full SB glory......A fabulous concert!
Also waiting for San Jose 99 (as it was filmed for a DVD release...) and a good club show (Brixton or Paradiso).
No film for Mocambo, but it is in my top audio wishes.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 24, 2014 22:41

alfstone
stonesstein
From the vaults, I really would like:

1. complete 1972 show like Fort Worth or one that cooked with special songs

2. El Mocambo (compile both nights)

3. 1970 Paris - we need a clear and clean 1970 tour show that does not sound no-noised!

4. 1971 UK - while the Marquee shows were recorded, let us not forget how many of us repeatedly discern that many of those songs are strained (at best) by Jagger's having been too "hopped up." I say let's have the entire Leeds gig with bonus material from early shows like Liverpool & Newcastle 5 March.

5. 1973 - RELEASE THE NICARAUGUAN BENEFIT GIG, BOYS!

6. Knebworth - sure, it's sloppy in a few places, but what fun and the last of that kind of show we'll ever see

Yes, 1973 Nicaraguan benefit concert, one of my holy grails.....I love this gig since i bought the LP back in early 80´s in a second hand shop....One of the best renditions of No expectations..It´s all over now, Route 66. Imagine the gig in full SB glory......A fabulous concert!

Great list there! I would definitely prefer something other than Ft Worth from 1972, since that one's been partly out as Ladies & Gents and good bootlegs. Charlotte, Norfolk, Hollywood Palladium or something would be wicked.

Agreed about the '73 benefit concert. If that film snippet is actually a proshot film and not just a bit of a newsreel, it would be mindblowing to get a DVD with perfectly mixed audio.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 26, 2014 01:37

Another 72 show could be Philly 7.21.72 (1st show), as the Rocks Off and Gimme Shelter couplet therefrom are my favorite live versions of each.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home