Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A breakthrough
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 23, 2005 05:41

Ladies and gentlemen,
Like many of you, I have kids. My youngest daughter is 15 and lives with her mother who is a huge Neil Diamond fan (now you know why I left her).

My daughter's taste in music is mainly punk and hardcore. In genral she finds the Stones old and boring but tonight something changed . She heard Paint it Black............not the Stones version but a version from The Unseen. They are a semi-hardcore band...loud guitars, screaming vocals. She said the song was cool and wants the disc. I played the original for her. Unfortunatley, my doing so only confirmed her thoughts about the Stones but she does like at least 2 of their songs, Paint it Black by The Unseen and Satisfaction by Fat Boy Slim.

Sooner or later, she'll come around. I can see it now:

At age 17. she's burning her AFI CDs while singing "Sweeethearts Together".

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Re: A breakthrough
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 23, 2005 18:27

"Get Your Ya Yas Out" will turn on the hardcore fan everytime...

Try it.

JR

Date: June 23, 2005 18:35

Good advice. I'll do it tonight

Date: June 24, 2005 01:05

JR,
Played YA-Yas and Gimmie Shelter for my daughter. She liked Stray Cat, Satisfaction (although she thought it was too long) and Gimmie Shelter from Altamont.

The rest.......not so much. She thinks the guitars are too low in the mix. She thinks (and she IS only 15) that the Stones would be cool if their guitars sounded more like those in metal bands.

I can't believe it. My own offspring didn't like MR (again, too long and "that middle part is boring" ). She's out of the family.....I've re-named her "Fredo"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home