Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 1969 L.A. Forum Second Show - A true story
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 5, 2014 00:47

vibrolux
stonesrule - I'm up in Sacramento now. If he gets them there, I'll be there!

I assume you have a recording of this show? Actually, there are two of them, different sources. If not, contact me. I am in Davis!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: October 9, 2014 16:01

Thanks for sharing, a great story!

I have carried The Stones with me for nearly as long....they blow me away live every time. I had them at my wedding!
We had strings playing before and during the ceremony, so JJF played during the recessional. The priest asked me later if he had approved that final song on the playlist...he was fine, and it was tastefully done as we walked out after the ceremony, with no disrespect.

Also, we were introduced at the reception with strings playing Wild Horses ...we got married in the OBX, where the descendants of the horses from the wrecked Spanish galleons still roam the beaches.

Then of course the first dance was a combination of songs, that segued into Rip This Joint.

Finally....there had to be the groomsman cake....The Stones have been part of my life....so I would like to thank The Rolling Stones for continuing their live journey, they are awesome.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 9, 2014 18:12

I absolutely LOVE this story.
Every part of it touches my soul.
Thanks so much for sharing it.

November 30, 1981 was the day that changed my life...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home