Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith - Center Stage TV show, December 1992
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 3, 2014 17:39

Way cool - thank you for the account, rbk!
I was so relieved when you and your friend finally got in that I cheered out loud :E

How was the sound on the spot? As I've noted above every copy of the bootleg I've watched (I've tried a few)
have the guitars way way too low in the mix until the last couple of numbers, as if someone finally woke up
and realized they're taping a guitar-driving band.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 3, 2014 19:14

rbk
I have never been able to figure out how to upload photos to this site from my Macs. If anyone can enlighten me, I'll scan the set-list and pass as I obviously still have them

You have to upload them to an online photo hosting site like photobucket, for example.
Then you post the link that site generates in your post here, in between [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] (without the spaces)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-03 19:14 by with sssoul.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 4, 2014 01:57

rbk, very cool you were at the Winos taping too! We probably saw each other. It was one of those pinch yourself, am I really here things. I saw Charley Drayton walking around while standing in line and called over to him. He stopped by to chat and was very relaxed. Told him how fantastic that the Winos were going to be featured on the PBS Centerstage show and that we were huge fans. He thanked us for being fans and then went on to say that he was so sad that he was not going to be able to play when the band went out on tour. I asked how come he wasn't going to tour and he said he could not tell me why, and agaiun that he was really bummed out not being able to do the the tour. Sure enough it was Jerome Smith playing bass when the band finally went out on the road.

with ssoul, I can tell you from our standing spot center just back from the stage the sound was fantastic. Keiths guitar was amazingly crystal clear in the mix. It was funny because just before the band went on as rbk mentioned, the show manager talked to the small audience for a bit.They asked for the pretty women to come on down to the front and my wife clearly qualified, so she got upgraded to the front! rbk was right about being in this little holding room before going into the studio stage area. Everyone in there was really nervous because we didn't know what was going on. There were these lists people were on, and so forth.

I have this whole taping on a VHS I got from a guy my wife spoke with at gthre show. He knew someone at the station. We got a call months later and we met up with him and he presented us with the VHS gem. It shows all the pre-gig audience pans, stage shots, and stuff. The full taping as well with all of the songs they did. Likewise the full interview with Keith. Quality is not perfect as it is a copy, and now old, but I'm going to break it out for another look. Maybe I can get some still shots transfered over somehow. There was this really creppy guy with a cape on standing near me that was very strange. He is on the videotape too.

I'll see what I can do with this next week. All in all, one of the coolest Stones
things I have ever been able to experience.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 4, 2014 05:20

Stoneage
I don't like the drummer. Too monotonous. Too loud.

Same with me. I always had problems with Jordans' Winos drumming.
I've seen other/better drumming from him on other projects. So it seems Keith liked it that way.
I never did. Especially not live.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 4, 2014 06:52

So Cousin C you didn't enjoy any live Winos shows that you attended? Really??

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 16, 2014 14:25

I didn't say that, Filstan.But for me it still could have been better - I'd prefer some different drumming/ drumstyle/ mix.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home